BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah that was still Zenge lol
Well, I meant as in the pack killed me but yes, technicalities :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

All right, I can finally post my salt-encrusted dead sea scrolls and stop screaming to shorty and in dead chat.

There was literally zero actual bussing this game (LOOK AT THIS TALLY!!! GAZE UPON IT. MY GOD), tons of village-reading each other, minimal distancing, and ffs, certainly no damn deepwolf. Wracking my brains, the four reasons I can think of people were losing their **** over the disgusting and egregious deepwolfing: 1) samac had Z block her D2 vote; 2) samac and Z “voted” for me after close when I was outed and shelty voted for samac after she was outed; 3) Z put me in wolf reads the day I was voted out and samac put Z in wolf reads the day he was about to be voted out; 4) free square for “Vis is wolfing”
1) It’s not bussing, as it’s not implicating anyone in the pack. samac didn’t start screaming “I saw Zenge intimidate me” or smth, so it’s impossible to classify it as “throwing someone under the bus”.

When it comes to it being deepwolfing in that it mechanically works against wolves… I just disagree that it works against wincon in the context it was used. Purely mechanically it statistically does, but the game isn’t played on mechanics alone, and the statistical disadvantage of allowing the possibility that, on D2 when there are tons of misyeetable villagers around, a wolf would be pushed over the edge in votes exactly because the voteblocked wolf couldn’t vote to preserve them, AND that the blocked wolf would have been in a position to preserve the other without outing themself, AND the villager that would have been voteblocked instead ended up voting for the wolf, AND it wouldn’t have been completely damning for the wolf to for someone who was hardcore pushing them to be voteblocked (as would be necessary if you wanted to be certain to block a villager who wouldn’t waffle onto a villager and save the wolf)… definitely does not outweigh the advantage of some village cred and avoiding giving village more VCA data. Wolf votes are actually verging on negative utility early game since who is yeeted is so random and they just provide VCA fodder.

It’s similar to killing someone who’s not the absolute best choice mechanically, because NKing someone with their reads puts suspicion on villagers, and the overall gameplay advantage of that outweighs the small mechanical advantage of killing someone slightly more likely to vote a wolf or slightly less likely to be misyeeted. Another analogous situation is choosing not to kill for fakeclaim purposes, though less analogous because that is a serious mechanical handicap vs the very mild one here, yet I’ve never seen anyone kick up a stink about that being deepwolfing and never being able to trust anyone in that pack ever again.

2+3) samac, Z, and I did minimal amounts of distancing and bussing as needed to not be outed for wildly out-of-sync-with-thread-consensus reads, weird resistance to voting each other (and even here, Z made sure not to actually vote me and only “just miss deadline”), and being damned by interactions with flipped wolves.

Anyways, as I’ve said many times, IDGAF if I’m a Known Busser and people kick up a fuss about how I can never be given village points for voting a wolf or whatever. I’m sketchy and people are gonna vote me regardless. And I’m contrary enough that the more people moan about bussing, the more I’m gonna play up loving it. But it does matter to Z that he doesn’t bus and gets credit for voting wolves, and it matters to samac that she doesn’t deepwolf, so I’m mad that people are screaming that they did when they Factually Did Not. If anyone tries to bring up “ohhhhh but there’s precedent for Z bussing/samac deepwolfing” in a future game to wolf read them, please :slap: some sense into them for me :laugh:

Finally, no one is gonna be doing that whole “ohhhh shelty is a Known Deepwolf we need to bring it up every game to caution people against village reading her even when the question of ‘can we rule out shelty bussing?’ is completely irrelevant” thing. I can’t quote Pippy’s “stop hazing my noob, boob” because poppa bear cubs would come after me for kidnapping, but: no hazing my pup, buttercup.

Maybe I missed a bunch in dead chat, but I definitely dont consider anything that happened in this game bussing to any significant degree. Also, many people disagree, but I personally think its a legit strategy to use because while theres positives to it theres also negatives, like me being constantly wolf read, especially in the past. And shelty didnt do anything this game except sit there and act villagey (oh and massively pocket april lol), its not her fault people put her deep in their green reads.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
im sorry i was just ateing about bussing to clear myself

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
im sorry i was just ateing about bussing to clear myself
Same, and i’m also very naturally paranoid about deepwolfing once my POE starts disintegrating and wolves start appearing in my village reads :bag::sorry:

Pls VissySlap me if i go off into the false deepwolf deep end again in future :bag::sorry:

• Care
I bet it must've been so lonely not having your buds in wolf chat
Well, everyone was still in there and the mods were pretty responsive to me, but it wasn't the same without all of us joking and goofing around. This is a team game!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
All right, I can finally post my salt-encrusted dead sea scrolls and stop screaming to shorty and in dead chat.

There was literally zero actual bussing this game (LOOK AT THIS TALLY!!! GAZE UPON IT. MY GOD), tons of village-reading each other, minimal distancing, and ffs, certainly no damn deepwolf. Wracking my brains, the four reasons I can think of people were losing their **** over the disgusting and egregious deepwolfing: 1) samac had Z block her D2 vote; 2) samac and Z “voted” for me after close when I was outed and shelty voted for samac after she was outed; 3) Z put me in wolf reads the day I was voted out and samac put Z in wolf reads the day he was about to be voted out; 4) free square for “Vis is wolfing”
1) It’s not bussing, as it’s not implicating anyone in the pack. samac didn’t start screaming “I saw Zenge intimidate me” or smth, so it’s impossible to classify it as “throwing someone under the bus”.

When it comes to it being deepwolfing in that it mechanically works against wolves… I just disagree that it works against wincon in the context it was used. Purely mechanically it statistically does, but the game isn’t played on mechanics alone, and the statistical disadvantage of allowing the possibility that, on D2 when there are tons of misyeetable villagers around, a wolf would be pushed over the edge in votes exactly because the voteblocked wolf couldn’t vote to preserve them, AND that the blocked wolf would have been in a position to preserve the other without outing themself, AND the villager that would have been voteblocked instead ended up voting for the wolf, AND it wouldn’t have been completely damning for the wolf to for someone who was hardcore pushing them to be voteblocked (as would be necessary if you wanted to be certain to block a villager who wouldn’t waffle onto a villager and save the wolf)… definitely does not outweigh the advantage of some village cred and avoiding giving village more VCA data. Wolf votes are actually verging on negative utility early game since who is yeeted is so random and they just provide VCA fodder.

It’s similar to killing someone who’s not the absolute best choice mechanically, because NKing someone with their reads puts suspicion on villagers, and the overall gameplay advantage of that outweighs the small mechanical advantage of killing someone slightly more likely to vote a wolf or slightly less likely to be misyeeted. Another analogous situation is choosing not to kill for fakeclaim purposes, though less analogous because that is a serious mechanical handicap vs the very mild one here, yet I’ve never seen anyone kick up a stink about that being deepwolfing and never being able to trust anyone in that pack ever again.

2+3) samac, Z, and I did minimal amounts of distancing and bussing as needed to not be outed for wildly out-of-sync-with-thread-consensus reads, weird resistance to voting each other (and even here, Z made sure not to actually vote me and only “just miss deadline”), and being damned by interactions with flipped wolves.

Anyways, as I’ve said many times, IDGAF if I’m a Known Busser and people kick up a fuss about how I can never be given village points for voting a wolf or whatever. I’m sketchy and people are gonna vote me regardless. And I’m contrary enough that the more people moan about bussing, the more I’m gonna play up loving it. But it does matter to Z that he doesn’t bus and gets credit for voting wolves, and it matters to samac that she doesn’t deepwolf, so I’m mad that people are screaming that they did when they Factually Did Not. If anyone tries to bring up “ohhhhh but there’s precedent for Z bussing/samac deepwolfing” in a future game to wolf read them, please :slap: some sense into them for me :laugh:

Finally, no one is gonna be doing that whole “ohhhh shelty is a Known Deepwolf we need to bring it up every game to caution people against village reading her even when the question of ‘can we rule out shelty bussing?’ is completely irrelevant” thing. I can’t quote Pippy’s “stop hazing my noob, boob” because poppa bear cubs would come after me for kidnapping, but: no hazing my pup, buttercup.
I already said as much in dead chat but I largely agree with this and don't think I'll have any trouble still giving you guys credit for hard pushes and leading votes on wolves in the future. I was very confused about what was being called deepwolfing here and still kind of am. If some amount of distancing and using abilities on each other is considered deepwolfing then I've been a secret deep wolf for a long time :laugh: I even had Kras in my wolf reads for much of Emojis, I just never voted there and always pushed someone else harder.

Well, everyone was still in there and the mods were pretty responsive to me, but it wasn't the same without all of us joking and goofing around. This is a team game!
:sorry: I still wanna wolf one day. It looks so cozy

• Hmm
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Same, and i’m also very naturally paranoid about deepwolfing once my POE starts disintegrating and wolves start appearing in my village reads :bag::sorry:

Pls VissySlap me if i go off into the false deepwolf deep end again in future :bag::sorry:
Well the false deepwolf deep end somehow led you to to correct POE despite there not actually being a deepwolf, so maybe there’s some magic in that tunnel :thinking:

• Haha
:sorry: I still wanna wolf one day. It looks so cozy
It's fun when you have pals! Overall I prefer being a villager I think since I'm more into the detective work/trying to find other people than trying to pretend I don't know who the wolves are/eliminating villagers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh this reminds me, @Animal Midwife any idea what % of the time I rand village tracker in my village games? I think it's the PR I have done the most by far and yet I'm still so bad at it :laugh:

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Oh this reminds me, @Animal Midwife any idea what % of the time I rand village tracker in my village games? I think it's the PR I have done the most by far and yet I'm still so bad at it :laugh:
Did you remember the tracker vs watcher rules this time though?

• Haha
I feel like I've seen on happen on three seperate occasions.

• Wow
April was killed because she was the protector. Letting her rest was just the added bonus lol
I went at least one, maybe even two or three nights with at least one wolf knowing that I was the protector 🤔

Reactions: 1 user
I know for sure it (infamously) happened in MMichigan and the Dogs games, plus here, and I feel like a handful of kaydubs games maybe
Perhaps this game is the anomaly for not being converted then! :heckyeah:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
We got a bonus if we took out 5-7-10 while Visc was still alive, 1 had to be a misyeet or Visc kill. It’s why there was the fluff push.
That is the only reason we targeted dubz and genny first, no way that would have been my first night targets otherwise.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
We got a bonus if we took out 5-7-10 while Visc was still alive, 1 had to be a misyeet or Visc kill. It’s why there was the fluff push.
That is the only reason we targeted dubz and genny first, no way that would have been my first night targets otherwise.
Imagine if y'all had tried to misyeet me :laugh: :banana:

• Haha
Imagine if y'all had tried to misyeet me :laugh: :banana:
I thought about it
I lightly pushed there and zenge was in pack chat going “YOURE DOING IT” but I just didn’t have time to build a fake case lol

• Haha
I thought about it
I lightly pushed there and zenge was in pack chat going “YOURE DOING IT” but I just didn’t have time to build a fake case lol
@Melchizedek would have been so excited to get to do that again :p

• Haha
This was one of my best games yet. Idk how, because I felt like I was shooting in the dark 95% of the time.

I finally got RvB redemption by identifying wolf!Samac and tracking her. Voted for Vis, made a case for wolf!Zenge, and had pretty much figured out wolf!Pshelty before I died. I very rarely identify more than 1 wolf per game, so that was a big deal to me.

The wolves did a great job distancing and keeping the villagers on our toes. If it wasn’t for a great vig shot and my lucky tracking, the game might still be going on. And I will gladly live in the Mel pocket forever :laugh:

I loved this theme @cubsrule4e!! So creative and I enjoyed the bowling points system as well! Thanks mods for providing me with such a fun way to procrastinate all of my studying :biglove:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
This was one of my best games yet. Idk how, because I felt like I was shooting in the dark 95% of the time.

I finally got RvB redemption by identifying wolf!Samac and tracking her. Voted for Vis, made a case for wolf!Zenge, and had pretty much figured out wolf!Pshelty before I died. I very rarely identify more than 1 wolf per game, so that was a big deal to me.

The wolves did a great job distancing and keeping the villagers on our toes. If it wasn’t for a great vig shot and my lucky tracking, the game might still be going on. And I will gladly live in the Mel pocket forever :laugh:

I loved this theme @cubsrule4e!! So creative and I enjoyed the bowling points system as well! Thanks mods for providing me with such a fun way to procrastinate all of my studying :biglove:
Sometimes it’s more than dumb luck girl! Take a little credit! And thanks for the props!! I just wanted it to be fun above all.

• Love