2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have my interview here next week; does anyone have any tips? any curveball questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview here next week; does anyone have any tips? any curveball questions?
nah no curveballs, its a short interview. they will ask you the basics like why DO, why WCUCOM and stuff. They will throw in an ethical scenario. But thats about it tbh. Atleast that was the case for me. They didnt even ask anything bout my app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
honestly one of my best interviews, barely getting beat by one other school where I spent half the time sharing an interest with the interviewer, but they were so sweet. I just read up on the schools mission, re-read some parts of my applications, and literally, just be your (professional) self.

Just got an II!!!! Oh my gosh my heart! The emotions I’m feeling are unreal. I’m crying out of excitement!

how was the overall interview? like what type of questions? conversational style?
my favorite interview out of the 4 in-person interviews I've had so far!! Conversational style with a few questions sprinkled in, they really tried to relate to me and had follow up questions to stories I told. It felt like they really listened and cared. I would compare it to having a convo during office hours with your favorite professor - it's still formal/professional but you feel comfortable and like they really care and want you to succeed.

how was the overall interview? like what type of questions? conversational style?
not even remotely conversational. they had a list of questions they had to get through and didn't ask many follow up questions to anything I said. It was a little bit like an interrogation honestly. but a polite interrogation lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the matriculation packets are released with info? i.e. when final transcripts, drug screen etc is due? Help is much appreciated!

Does anyone know when the matriculation packets are released with info? i.e. when final transcripts, drug screen etc is due? Help is much appreciated!
Matriculation info won’t come until May and everything is due by orientation in August!

not even remotely conversational. they had a list of questions they had to get through and didn't ask many follow up questions to anything I said. It was a little bit like an interrogation honestly. but a polite interrogation lol.
my favorite interview out of the 4 in-person interviews I've had so far!! Conversational style with a few questions sprinkled in, they really tried to relate to me and had follow up questions to stories I told. It felt like they really listened and cared. I would compare it to having a convo during office hours with your favorite professor - it's still formal/professional but you feel comfortable and like they really care and want you to succeed.
the questions will generally be the same, but the vibes will be TOTALLY dependent on the faculty you have interviewing you!

Just wanted to send an update that WCUCOM is no longer accredited with heightened monitoring, it is accredited

I just paid my seat deposit today !! Should we expect a confirmation or reply from admissions regarding this?

I just paid my seat deposit today !! Should we expect a confirmation or reply from admissions regarding this?
I paid mine last week. They will send you an email for confirmation which includes setting up your student email and housing options.

For the people who are accepted and planning to go to WCUCOM, are you gonna be living on res or find a place near by?

For the people who are accepted and planning to go to WCUCOM, are you gonna be living on res or find a place near by?
i know 10 people that live on campus and only 1 that enjoys it ;) highly highly highly suggest living off campus... keep in mind if you live on the on campus dorms, you are in halls with undergrads and subject to the undergrad resident guidelines which include no alcohol in the dorm, no people of the opposite sex in the dorm, no overnight guests of any gender, etc. you also get all the undergrad probs of fire alarms, RA checks, etc. def do your due diligence before deciding to do this.

Reactions: 1 users
What's the likelihood of getting an interview after completing the secondary?

nah thats crazy not even a "we got your money lil bro" is insane :arghh:
i emailed just to confirm they got it and they said campus was closed yesterday due to the inclement weather so they were a little behind on emails!

It’s been since 08/25 when I completed the secondary and got the secondary complete email :(

I tried looking up cost of attendance for this school and came up with about $46k/year for tuition, but couldn’t find a number that includes other expenses. What sort of cost of attendance are we looking at including housing and things in the area?

I tried looking up cost of attendance for this school and came up with about $46k/year for tuition, but couldn’t find a number that includes other expenses. What sort of cost of attendance are we looking at including housing and things in the area?
the CoA they give is very very relaxed, it's 87,500 which is more than plenty

Reactions: 1 users
if you're interested in WCUCOM and would like to virtually or in person learn more about the school, SOMA is hosting a shaDO day at wcucom where you can learn more about the school and meet with students! again virtual and in person options!

it's not letting me link the document to sign up but the sign up link is in the bio of the @somawcucom instagram

1706137229920.png

There's a decent chance you won't get a II until May or June.
So if you receive a secondary you’ll probably get an II? Just last minute? I would really love to go to this school but I have an A right now and would have to move in June, hoping it wouldn’t come that late lol

So if you receive a secondary you’ll probably get an II? Just last minute? I would really love to go to this school but I have an A right now and would have to move in June, hoping it wouldn’t come that late lol
I’m wondering if it’s the same thing as arcom where you’re guaranteed to get an interview if you get a secondary