2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! You too! Its defiinitely good news cause it couldve been a rejection or put on the deferred list, but personally I don't want to get my hopes up too much cause alternate list doesn't mean accepted yet.
yeah exactly my feeling. lets hope for the best this coming deadline

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I applied the last week of October. The next business I received my secondary (Nov 2). I completed it on Nov 6. WC emailed me on the 7th asking for an interview on the 27th (Mon). I was placed on the alternate list that Thursday (Nov 30). I got my ACCEPTANCE letter earlier this week on Dec 4th.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied the last week of October. The next business I received my secondary (Nov 2). I completed it on Nov 6. WC emailed me on the 7th asking for an interview on the 27th (Mon). I was placed on the alternate list that Thursday (Nov 30). I got my ACCEPTANCE letter earlier this week on Dec 4th.
wow, congrats and thank you for sharing the dates with us!! I am hoping i move from the alternate to the accepted list too lol

y'all, December 14 is getting close and I am PRAYING for some good news for us on the alternate list! i graduate Dec 15 and it would be so nice to know where I'm going before graduation lol :')

Just got moved to ACCEPTED after being alternating list for (maybe) a week.

Just got moved to ACCEPTED after being alternating list for (maybe) a week.
Congrats!!
I think we got alternate list email same day. Hoping to get the A too.
Can I ask what your stats are and if ur an instate applicant?

Feeling a bit bummed since I’m seeing so many people that got on the waitlist after me who now got accepted but I’m still on it

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my A from here, hope it goes to one of you!! GOOD LUCK!

• Love
we just finished our first semester so if anyone has questions, def ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called admissions regarding the status of their app?

Congrats!!
I think we got alternate list email same day. Hoping to get the A too.
Can I ask what your stats are and if ur an instate applicant?
OOS 3.55 ish 511 mcat but i think my writing is definetly my savior this cycle lol, also low ses

Last edited:
Feeling a bit bummed since I’m seeing so many people that got on the waitlist after me who now got accepted but I’m still on it
trust me i had this feeling as well but I think 95% people prob get off the alternating list for WCUCOM.

OOS 3.55 ish 511 mcat but i think my writing is definetly my savior this cycle lol, also low ses
it wasn't your writing it was your 511 MCAT ;) Carey loooooooooovesssssssss a 510+ MCAT. obvi I would say the majority of applicants are sub 510 (I would say anecdotally 495-505) but if you're above 510 your outlook is extremely strong here.

OMS2 on break now too if you have questions just lmk and i'll shoot you a DM!

accepted today! ♥ took my last final and walked out to the email! thrilled!! ♥

I received a secondary to this school, but I have not completed CASPER. Does anyone know if CASPER is required?

Got off the alternate list this morning! Good luck to everyone else on this thread!!

• Care
Tough decision for me. Really great college. But declined A. Hope one of you in the WL gets the good news. Good luck.

When does Carey’s interview season end? My top choice but haven’t heard back since secondary submission

Can anyone advise between CALMED, HOFSTRA, and WILLIAM CAREY? I have gotten acceptances and need some advice on William Carey. Calmed and Hofstra are currently my top choices out of my As.

Can anyone advise between CALMED, HOFSTRA, and WILLIAM CAREY? I have gotten acceptances and need some advice on William Carey. Calmed and Hofstra are currently my top choices out of my As.
if the others are MD, pick the MD.

Is there any current student I can PM to learn more about the school experience?

is there a groupchat somewhere for people who have accepted their offers to WCUCOM?

BTW is the seat deposit and registration form binding? It's still the middle of the cycle so I do want to keep my options open still.