2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no guarantee, just high chance
What would you say the chances are? It seemed like from last years thread everyone who got a secondary for the most part got an II, just last minute for some

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What would you say the chances are? It seemed like from last years thread everyone who got a secondary for the most part got an II, just last minute for some
i'm gonna be straight with you while i *completely* get the uncomfortable position (literally i was there my app year) of having to make plans for one school while waiting for results from another school you'd rather go to, there are no guarantees at any school anywhere and trying to figure it out and make plans around information that there really is no surety too is pretty futile. from person experience, its just going to leave you more frustrated. i wish someone would have told me earlier, you can only make the best decision you can with the information you have at the time, and right now you have an A (which is amazing!!) and you have to move forward like you're going there until you get A's elsewhere.

like @drthedude said, if you got a secondary, there's a high likelihood you'll get a II, at some point, especially imo once people start dropping which tends to happen april-june. that said, you categorically can't and shouldn't bank on that, and if you've decided you want to go to the other school in lieu of doing another app cycle (which is the right decision) you have to move forward with your A at the other school like you're going there.

i feel for you because there was a school tbh i would have attended instead of william carey that I was on a post-II waitlist for literally until like the second week of July, which made my whole pre-med school summer a ball of stress, only to end up getting the R from that school anyway. I will say practically, I was ready to be out $1000 in security deposits at apartments in hattiesburg if I had gotten into that school, and unfortunately that's just part of the crappy nature of med school admissions tbh. (though i'm still a lil salty about it not gonna lie hahahaha)

BUT it all worked out, it always works out, and you'll look back on how stressed you are about it now in 2 years and it'll be a blip on the radar. it feels like the most important decision of your life, but in reality like goro always says, you make the med school, the med school doesn't make you. you got an A, which means in the blink of an eye your gonna be a second year med student like me about to take boards and almost done with pre-clinical. it all works out in the end!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Are there any current med students that can talk about what its like living in Hattiesburg? I'm coming from a big city and was wondering how you like it there.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Are there any current med students that can talk about what its like living in Hattiesburg? I'm coming from a big city and was wondering how you like it there.
came from chicago, it was a bit weird at first but honestly it's not a bad suburb vibe esp bc its a college town

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!! I am new here, but I interviewed and was put on the deferred list. In yalls opinion what are the chances of me getting an A in the next few months (fingers crossed).

Hey everyone!! I am new here, but I interviewed and was put on the deferred list. In yalls opinion what are the chances of me getting an A in the next few months (fingers crossed).
I was also deferred and then accepted after about 3 weeks!

I may be over-worrying but after we accept the II invitation over email, should we expect to receive another email to confirm everything or as long as we reply to their email we’re good?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should receive another email confirming your date and giving you additional info about the school

Anyone who got accepted or put on waitlist that had low gpa? I have some questions that I want to ask you about interview

I think you should receive another email confirming your date and giving you additional info about the school
My email to confirm my interview already had all of this info in it - parking, hotels and airports, and some info about the school. Is this like the final confirmation email or should I send an email to make sure my interview is confirmed?

My email to confirm my interview already had all of this info in it - parking, hotels and airports, and some info about the school. Is this like the final confirmation email or should I send an email to make sure my interview is confirmed?
this is what my email looked like too. I replied saying that I accept the interview but haven’t received another response from them after that

this is what my email looked like too. I replied saying that I accept the interview but haven’t received another response from them after that
After accepting the interview, I got an email around 24 hours later with confirmation of the date and powerpoints about the school and financial aid. I'd wait until Friday and then email if you don't receive anything. Congrats on the II guys!

After accepting the interview, I got an email around 24 hours later with confirmation of the date and powerpoints about the school and financial aid. I'd wait until Friday and then email if you don't receive anything. Congrats on the II guys!
yikes I haven’t gotten a response in almost two weeks. I’ll reach out to them now, thank you!

I have my interview tomorrow, does anyone have any helpful tips for interview day with WCUCOM?

I have my interview tomorrow, does anyone have any helpful tips for interview day with WCUCOM?
I had my interview earlier this week, open file interview, very relaxed, too relaxed actually.
Like any other program, they will ask why DO not md, they asked about some of my activities, academical profile too, know their mission.

They literally asked me everything that people have put on this SDN school review

Last edited:
very chill friendly/conversational vibes, you will be asked about why DO, why this school, and some questions about your app. For me I talked about my faith/liking the rural primary care focus but you can come up with your own "why" :). They also asked about why MS vs my home state

Asked about my app and was told I was under consideration for a potential II.. hoping it turns into one

II today 😭 this school is my top choice, anyone have any tips

• Love
How long do they usually take to get back with a decision after the interview?

How long do they usually take to get back with a decision after the interview?
They told us at my interview that Monday interviews heard a decision by Thursday if there were no holidays. This was early in the cycle tho so they may have changed by now

has anybody completed their Casper after their interview? For some reason I forgot this school requires it

OOS A today, interviewed on 2/8!!
Uber excited, though I haven't taken the Casper yet. I've got one scheduled for later today. Y'all think I need to take it even if I got the A?

is this school waitlisting as of rn or is an A possible?

is this school waitlisting as of rn or is an A possible?
i believe they interview til pretty late in the cycle, if you look at last year's thread people were getting As in March and April! They take such a big class so don't lose hope ♥

Anyone here a current student at WCUCOM that has opinions on the school? I have another acceptance at NYIT-Arkansas, but I’m leaning toward WCU.

Anyone here a current student at WCUCOM that has opinions on the school? I have another acceptance at NYIT-Arkansas, but I’m leaning toward WCU.
what would you like to know

has anybody completed their Casper after their interview? For some reason I forgot this school requires it
yes i completed it afterwards. Funny thing is they gave me an A before my casper was even distributed to them. Still got 4Q lmao

For those who had an in-person interview, did you bring a bag/purse with you to carry your phone/keys/etc? I was planning on bringing a relatively small purse to carry around on one shoulder to hold anything I may have with me but not sure if that would be okay. Is there anything else specific I should remember to bring with me on interview day?

For those who had an in-person interview, did you bring a bag/purse with you to carry your phone/keys/etc? I was planning on bringing a relatively small purse to carry around on one shoulder to hold anything I may have with me but not sure if that would be okay. Is there anything else specific I should remember to bring with me on interview day?
Hi!! I'm a big purse girlie so I was really excited to pick a "statement purse" to bring for interviews. My dress and blazer both had brown coloring so I went with this vintage Gucci bag. I just kept it on my shoulder throughout the tour. I've only really brought like lipstick, my phone/keys and my ID for all my interviews, haven't needed anything else and that keeps it from being too heavy. Most places give you a pen, notebook and water, plus a little backpack -WCUCOM included. one weird thing is they didn't really have a place to stick your stuff while you interviewed so I just left it in the lobby with my new friends I made on interview day while I interviewed lol lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi!! I'm a big purse girlie so I was really excited to pick a "statement purse" to bring for interviews. My dress and blazer both had brown coloring so I went with this vintage Gucci bag. I just kept it on my shoulder throughout the tour. I've only really brought like lipstick, my phone/keys and my ID for all my interviews, haven't needed anything else and that keeps it from being too heavy. Most places give you a pen, notebook and water, plus a little backpack -WCUCOM included. one weird thing is they didn't really have a place to stick your stuff while you interviewed so I just left it in the lobby with my new friends I made on interview day while I interviewed lol lol
ngl this purse is FREAKING ADORABLE

• Love
thank you!! I was actually wondering if WCUCOM had an area for us to keep our stuff; do you think it's okay to bring my purse with me into my interview if there's no one to leave it with?