2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I was also expecting a hint. But that's what they told me when called. Had my interview on 2nd week of September.

Likely waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

If I get a secondary, what are the odds I get an II?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who I saw in anatomy lab yesterday with Ms. Martha (if they are any of you on SDN), it was nice getting to talk to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much!
I have a couple questions:
1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about WCUCOM?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)
to address #6, exams are on Fridays now except OPP CSA/CPC CEA being Tuesday's

I got a secondary in mid August and submitted it around then so it’s been about 6 weeks since I’ve heard anything. It’s still quite early and could still get an II eventually

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an in-person II OOS as well! :)

I submitted primary 9/1
Secondary received 9/11
Secondary submitted 9/28

Congrats to all accepted!

Virtual interview went rather well, I think. Rather relaxed atmosphere, plenty of good questions being asked - definitely could've gone worse for sure.

would it be frowned upon to contact the admissions office about not receiving a secondary application yet? submitted my primary on 7/31 but haven't heard anything since

would it be frowned upon to contact the admissions office about not receiving a secondary application yet? submitted my primary on 7/31 but haven't heard anything since
I literally just did this haha. Submitted my primary 6/2 and nothing :(

Can’t believe they don’t proceed with my application just because one of my prereq was lacking 2 credits…. Submitted secondary a month ago

• Care
Can’t believe they don’t proceed with my application just because one of my prereq was lacking 2 credits…. Submitted secondary a month ago
That’s so stressful I’m sorry. Are there any other options you tried to explore with them such as fulfilling the requirement before you matriculate?

That’s so stressful I’m sorry. Are there any other options you tried to explore with them such as fulfilling the requirement before you matriculate?

I sent them the syllabus of the accelerated version I took but they said they could only move forward if I fulfilled it. I think I’m just gonna drop this school :/ because all the other schools I applied to accepted the short course

Accepted this morning. Don't let your dreams be memes.

Is there an underdawgs thread for this cycle? I'd like to post there and gloat inspire some folks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted Thursday. FYI my mcat was a 497 so there’s always hope!
Oh my goodness... that is genuinely Herculean. Here I thought I was gonna be the underdawg of the thread with my GPA. Congratulations from one Florida man to another 😉

Did anyone else have their interviewers outright say to “expect some very favorable news on Thursday” at the end of their interview? Is this is same as what other people have been told by admissions over the phone before getting accepted? I dont wana get my hopes up too much lol, this process has me second guessing everything

• Love