2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bored from studying for anatomy so will also drop my timeline:

Secondary: 8/4
II: 3/3
AL: 5/4
A: 5/31
How are you liking your first year? I’ve heard great things about this school so I’m really excited!!

Is it still P/F?

Members don't see this ad.

How are you liking your first year? I’ve heard great things about this school so I’m really excited!!

Is it still P/F?
It's great AND VERY HOT haha! The upper class really look out for us, just today they ran a mock practical exam for us before tomorrow and have done so much for us, Carey is great! It is still P/F with more mandatory classes

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Is there any current WCU student who would not mind answering my questions about the school and environment around the school?

I’ve got II today.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's great AND VERY HOT haha! The upper class really look out for us, just today they ran a mock practical exam for us before tomorrow and have done so much for us, Carey is great! It is still P/F with more mandatory classes
That sounds like an awesome environment. Thanks for sharing!

@Mechagodzilla00, @drthedude is a current student!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I am writting the secondary, how specific were y'all? I'm trying to find info online but I feel like the website is very limited!

Hello! I am writting the secondary, how specific were y'all? I'm trying to find info online but I feel like the website is very limited!
I got pretty specific! I named things I wanted to accomplish and how that fits with their mission.

@drthedude is OMS1, I'm OMS2, and there are several others of us that float around in here!

Thank you! I am reading your comments in 2022-2023 WCU. I noticed that you answered a lot questions about WCU the last year. I will ask you questions if I still have.

Last edited:
This is a list of threads from 2022-2023. I hope this list would save your time. These threads are mostly Ellesandra319’s.

#267: about WCU and application process
#867: apt lists
#942: about Interview
#1175: hospitals of main match
#1206: Deferral vs. Alternate status after an interview
#1369: about lectures and study strategies
#1372: Anki
#1375: resources for study
#1376: Study strategies (OP of this thread: LIMITBREAKER)
#1380: about White coat ceremony (2nd year)
#1409: WCU Instagram: @wcucom2026
#1412: about WCU mission, faculties, and matching.
#1418: about exam and study plan
#1513: about application process
#1533: diagnostic kit
#1565: about COMPLEX (OP: NOLADO84)
#1574: about WCU class, faculty, Hattiesburg
#1624: if you need a car….(tbh, you need a car.)
#1684: about pre-study
#1690: dress code in WCU
#1781: about Exam

I came to like WCU students after reading all threads…. They seem to like helping perspective and incoming students.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a list of threads from 2022-2023. I hope this list would save your time. These threads are mostly Ellesandra319’s.

#267: about WCU and application process
#867: apt lists
#942: about Interview
#1175: hospitals of main match
#1206: Deferral vs. Alternate status after an interview
#1369: about lectures and study strategies
#1372: Anki
#1375: resources for study
#1376: Study strategies (OP of this thread: LIMITBREAKER)
#1380: about White coat ceremony (2nd year)
#1409: WCU Instagram: @wcucom2026
#1412: about WCU mission, faculties, and matching.
#1418: about exam and study plan
#1513: about application process
#1533: diagnostic kit
#1565: about COMPLEX (OP: NOLADO84)
#1574: about WCU class, faculty, Hattiesburg
#1624: if you need a car….(tbh, you need a car.)
#1684: about pre-study
#1690: dress code in WCU
#1781: bout Exam

I came to like WCU students after reading all threads…. They seems to like helping perspective and incoming students.
You are AWESOME!

Reactions: 1 users
So, I have questions.

1: What is community-based training? What do you do in the training? I want to know about this.

2: according to the last-year thread, there are about 5 professors in anatomy lab and sometimes 2 professors in class. What is a ratio of student and professor in anatomy lab and in WCU? What does the extra professor do in some classes?

Thank you so much for taking your time to answering the questions.

So, I have questions.

1: What is community-based training? What do you do in the training? I want to know about this.

2: according to the last-year thread, there are about 5 professors in anatomy lab and sometimes 2 professors in class. What is a ratio of student and professor in anatomy lab and in WCU? What does the extra professor do in some classes?

Thank you so much for taking your time to answering the questions.
#1. We have a behavioral science and public health course and one of the things we do is go out to the community and work with various different healthcare fields or even AAA ambulance.

#2. In each lab session you will have the lab director, the 3 professors and the assistant professor they’re walking around. You don’t really go to the Professor for lab, you have your lab group mates.

#1. We have a behavioral science and public health course and one of the things we do is go out to the community and work with various different healthcare fields or even AAA ambulance.

#2. In each lab session you will have the lab director, the 3 professors and the assistant professor they’re walking around. You don’t really go to the Professor for lab, you have your lab group mates.

Thank you

So I got an email from admissions saying that I never fulfilled the english requirement, I emailed them explaining that I do have the credits but they are under a different course code. They said they would review the pre-req and let me know but I have yet to hear from them. He did tell me that this was the only thing preventing me from a getting a secondary. Its been about a week, should I follow up or leave it be?

It looks like it takes over a month to get a secondary (if you get one), is that the case?
Last cycle I got a secondary 2 days after I submitted my application. This cycle it seemed like they started giving out secondaries later so that could be why the earlier people had to wait a month.

Does anyone know the post ii acceptance rate here???
This past cycle our class had 730 interviews and 205 matriculants. The dean of admissions didn’t tell us how many were actually accepted, but most schools accept 2.5x the seats. I would say a good guess is 75% post-II acceptance rate.

I'm still waiting on a secondary, too 😕 Pretty sure I won't be getting one at this point. Oh well! I have a few IIs at the moment, so I'm not trying to worry too much about rejections. We've got to look on the bright side of things!

I'm still waiting on a secondary, too 😕 Pretty sure I won't be getting one at this point. Oh well! I have a few IIs at the moment, so I'm not trying to worry too much about rejections. We've got to look on the bright side of things!
Man…I want some IIs XD.

Yup. Primary was in late May though. I’m getting the sinking feeling I was passed over.
You might have been passed over if it’s been that long, should contact the admissions office.

Bright side is the best side :cool:

@drthedude did the interview day have any other activities last year? The email states it’s only the interview and doesn’t mention any other activities

OOS II just received!!! so happy

Passing on my ll here, hope one of you fine folks gets it

After submitting secondaries, is there a portal we can log into? To check status or things like that?

anyone still waiting on the secondary? starting to think I've been passed up :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 users