2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got secondary today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Is the Interview in person or virtual? :)
Virtual for me! You can request in person if you’d like though!

I would not stress out about this interview. They really just wanna get to know yall a bit more :) yall got this!!

Members don't see this ad :)
After calling I apparently will be “very happy with the news I receive in October” 👀

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have a link to the estimated cost of attendance breakdown? I only see the tuition being 47k

Reactions: 1 user
498 MCAT and received a secondary after 2 months…

Who is still waiting for secondary? I submitted in June
Me! I've fully accepted the fact that I won't get one.

Does anyone know if they ghost people? Or will they eventually send out Rs to those who didn't get a secondary?

Me! I've fully accepted the fact that I won't get one.

Does anyone know if they ghost people? Or will they eventually send out Rs to those who didn't get a secondary?
Yes they will ghost, email admissions to check what’s ho

How long after you accept an II do they send you the time of the interview? Wondering when I should follow-up

Hey future OMS 1s! I am a current OMS 1. DM me if you got any Qs. I'm currently getting destroyed by exams so if you want to get a lay of day to day life or things around Hattiesburg or Mississippi in general, I can help since I am from the state. If I don't get back to you ASAP, I apologize. Probably studying away from my phone!

The biggest tip I can tell you right now is to make sure you demonstrate your well roundedness in your secondaries and future interviews for WCUCOM. They do prioritize that over grades and might give you a shot even if you don't meet their competitive average. Just apply, hope for the best, and keep applying everywhere broadly!

Primary submitted:7/22 Secondary received today ! (sep11)

Haha finally received a secondary today Primary was complete mid-June!

Former student here. Open for any questions y’all may have.

Former student here. Open for any questions y’all may have.
Thank you so much!
I have a couple questions:
1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about WCUCOM?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much!
I have a couple questions:
1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?
9. What's your favorite thing about WCUCOM?
10. Are you happy?

THANK YOU!! :)

1. I graduated in 2020, which was before P/F was implemented at all.
2. Lottery
3. No complaints about the professors as I really only went to mandatory classes and tests. You'll probably interact with the OPP professors the most, which I believe are much more lax than those during my time.
4. WCU will teach you the standard medical school curriculum. Passing boards is 100% squarely on the shoulders of each individual. The same can be said for each medical school throughout the country.
5. I studied during the summer for both board exams. That is more than enough time.
6. Exams were every Monday when I was there.
7. I never failed a course, so not sure. I'm sure they consider each individual case seperately.
8. Environment was 100% chill. This may vary from class to class.
9. First and foremost, the lifelong friends I made while there. I also really loved Hattiesburg.
10. Yes, I am happy, both with my experience with WCU and with the career opportunities it has provided thereafter.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 users
1. I graduated in 2020, which was before P/F was implemented at all.
2. Lottery
3. No complaints about the professors as I really only went to mandatory classes and tests. You'll probably interact with the OPP professors the most, which I believe are much more lax than those during my time.
4. WCU will teach you the standard medical school curriculum. Passing boards is 100% squarely on the shoulders of each individual. The same can be said for each medical school throughout the country.
5. I studied during the summer for both board exams. That is more than enough time.
6. Exams were every Monday when I was there.
7. I never failed a course, so not sure. I'm sure they consider each individual case seperately.
8. Environment was 100% chill. This may vary from class to class.
9. First and foremost, the lifelong friends I made while there. I also really loved Hattiesburg.
10. Yes, I am happy, both with my experience with WCU and with the career opportunities it has provided thereafter.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much!
Just to confirm: is the P/F for preclinicals now and clinical?
Do you know why they went that route? Sorry for the questions lol I only wonder cuz a lot of the founding DOs (except a KCU I believe?) are not P/F

Thank you so much!
Just to confirm: is the P/F for preclinicals now and clinical?
Do you know why they went that route? Sorry for the questions lol I only wonder cuz a lot of the founding DOs (except a KCU I believe?) are not P/F

Like I said, WCU was not pass/fail when I was there. Not sure when that started.

@NOLADO84 hey I had a question, with the rotations sites that require application what are those based off of? Do they give it to people who have a higher class rank or is it by interview?

@NOLADO84 hey I had a question, with the rotations sites that require application what are those based off of? Do they give it to people who have a higher class rank or is it by interview?

I believe it was based on your whole application. I’m sure class rank had a big role. Not sure how it would work now that it’s P/F..probably board scores. I didn’t apply to any so can’t tell you for sure.

Does anyone know what percentage of the class they rank? Like is it top 20 or top 10?