2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys write a thank you note after your phone interview?
i didn't because the interviewer wasn't associated with WMed... but your comment has ignited a sense of anxiety and regret :') is this something i should have done lol

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back after the phone interview?

Anyone know how long it typically takes to hear back after the phone interview?
I believe they just started completing the phone interviews so very few if any have likely been offered the last virtual interview. Maybe they’re waiting until they have a larger portion completed before they decide who gets the virtual?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received phone interview invite a few minutes ago. Under consideration for the phone interview on 8/3. OOS 513 MCAT, 3.8x GPA, 3rd time applicant.
+1. Received under consideration for a phone interview today. I was wondering when they will send invite for phone interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the 'your application has moved into the experiences review step' email. So is there another under consideration for the phone interview step and then the phone interview?

Just got the 'your application has moved into the experiences review step' email. So is there another under consideration for the phone interview step and then the phone interview?
application complete --> experience review in process --> experience review complete and under consideration for phone interview --> phone interview invite

Reactions: 1 users
Was verified since 7/5 but havent received a secondary from them yet...anyone know if they pre-screen? OOS

Phone II was received this morning. OOS Submitted 8/14 and completed experience review 8/23

Phone II was received this morning. OOS Submitted 8/14 and completed experience review 8/23
Don't want to sound neurotic, but I was complete before you, but my experience review still isn't done. Should I be concerned?

Yooo!! My phone interviewer did not call me! has this happened to anyone else?
Did you have a time zone difference that you forgot to factor in? Otherwise that is so odd! Even if an emergency came up you’d think you’d hear from the school

I hope phone interview peeps start hearing back about interviews soon!

Anyone else not hear anything back after completing the experience review?

I hope phone interview peeps start hearing back about interviews soon!
I hope so too! I had my phone interview today. Virtual interviews start on 10/7. So I assume they will start sending out interview invites soon for the beginning of October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying to WMed and my login credentials for the assessment are not working, has this happened to anyone? Did WMed give you new credentials or am I SOL? It is possible I accidentally clicked login the other day before shutting my computer, and I am very worried I have just ruined my chances of getting a shot at the school.

Applying to WMed and my login credentials for the assessment are not working, has this happened to anyone? Did WMed give you new credentials or am I SOL? It is possible I accidentally clicked login the other day before shutting my computer, and I am very worried I have just ruined my chances of getting a shot at the school.
I have moved your question to the main WMed thread. It would be best to contact the school regarding this issue. They may have only allowed you to visit the assessment site once.

Contact the school. @chilly_md is correct in saying you only get one login in the assessment, but if this was done accidentally for whatever reason, I'd contact them.

Phone II this afternoon! Under consideration for a phone II on 9/2.

Their website says they dont accept a monetary deposit to secure a seat in the class, and instead they require a letter of commitment. Does anyone have any insights on what this letter is, and if its binding? Google isnt much help.

Just had my phone interview. Mine lasted about 24 minutes, but I don’t think it’s really like a personality test and I can see how this can be like casper (but not the same). There’s really no way to prepare for this (I tried, but yeah it didn’t work). Just make sure to get a good night’s sleep. Interviewer was super friendly. Good luck everyone.

Just had my phone interview this morning. I would say standard job interview style questions. My interviewer was super nice!

have they started giving out II to people who completed phone II
I had my phone interview on 8/23 and have not heard anything. I was looking at last year's thread and it looked like the first phone interviews were around 8/20 with virtual IIs going out around 9/15. Fingers crossed for good news for all of us this week maybe!

Reactions: 7 users
Hmmm, I did my phone interview in 20 minutes… hope that’s not a bad thing. Lol

OOS phone II today

supplemental complete 7/23/22 | experiences review 8/9/22 | under consideration for phone interview 8/14/22

OOS phone II as well today! :')

secondary submitted on 8/15/22, experiences review 8/23/22, under phone review consideration on 9/9/22!

Hey guys, I tried to complete the online assessment last night but on around question 20 the browser just froze and I wasn't able to advance. Eventually after around a minute it just sent me back to the WMed homepage. I can't use my login credentials to take the assessment again and I have contacted the school, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Hey guys, I tried to complete the online assessment last night but on around question 20 the browser just froze and I wasn't able to advance. Eventually after around a minute it just sent me back to the WMed homepage. I can't use my login credentials to take the assessment again and I have contacted the school, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
I think I read somewhere in this thread that someone had this happen. I assume they will be gracious and let you take it again! Hoping for the best, and so sorry this happened to you :/

Thanks. Is everybody's around 20 mins? Does it mean something if less than 10 mins?
Mine was about 15 minutes. I wouldn't read into it much if you answered the questions, then that's all you can do. There will be more clarity once they start sending out interview invites. Otherwise I am sure you did great.

Mine was about 15 minutes. I wouldn't read into it much if you answered the questions, then that's all you can do. There will be more clarity once they start sending out interview invites. Otherwise I am sure you did great.
Thank you!