2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Application Essays Submitted 7/18
Completed Online Assessment on 7/19, but wasn't updated to say "Submitted" until 7/26 (1 week later)
Completed 7/26

Reactions: 1 users
I've tried searching older threads but I haven't seen anyone get an answer on this - is the second prompt a mix of "why me" and a diversity essay, and if so are these two topics supposed to be related, or are people mainly just using it as a standard diversity essay?

I was marked complete yesterday but I only found out because I actually checked the portal. Under the communications tab, they said they emailed me but didn't lol did this happen to anyone else

for the phone interview notification peeps, when were yall complete?
I got the completion email on 7/19, experiences review stage (AMCAS and secondary review) email (as in they started reviewing it then, for clarity) on 7/21, and the under-consideration-for-phone interview email on 7/24.

Is presumably everyone under consideration for a phone interview after they are complete?

Is presumably everyone under consideration for a phone interview after they are complete?
I’m guessing no? Since apparently they send an email when they reach the “experiences review stage” and a separate subsequent email for when you’re under consideration for phone interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was marked complete yesterday but I only found out because I actually checked the portal. Under the communications tab, they said they emailed me but didn't lol did this happen to anyone else
This happened to me today. It says they emailed me this morning, but I never got anything -_-

This happened to me today. It says they emailed me this morning, but I never got anything -_-
Yeah just made me nervous in case I'd miss anything else from them

How long did you have to wait after you submitted your essays to receive a link for the online assessment? I thought this was going to be automatic (and fast).

How long did you have to wait after you submitted your essays to receive a link for the online assessment? I thought this was going to be automatic (and fast).
i submitted Saturday at 10:58PM and received the link Sunday at 5AM

Moved from experience review to phone interview consideration today. Complete 7/19, experience review started 7/26.

Moved from experience review to phone interview consideration today. Complete 7/19, experience review started 7/26.
Did you receive an email about experience review, or is that just a complete app?

Did you receive an email about experience review, or is that just a complete app?
Apparently the send a separate email for a complete application and another separate email for experiences review.

What white hydro flask said, I’ve received an email for every step. OOS btw.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what phone number they call from for the phone interview? Just trying to make sure I don't miss it

Does anybody know what phone number they call from for the phone interview? Just trying to make sure I don't miss it
Were you invited for a phone interview? So far I’ve only received notification that I’m “under consideration for a phone interview” and haven’t been invited yet.

App moved to the experience review part

Do most applicants get to the experience review part, or is that more selective? Trying to gauge my chances for a phone interview lol

Do most applicants get to the experience review part, or is that more selective? Trying to gauge my chances for a phone interview lol
I think everyone gets experience review but not everyone moves on from that?

Just got a "consideration for the phone interview email"

was anyone's experience review completed pretty fast? Like after a day being told experience section was started? idk if thats a good or bad sign . Been complete since 7/25

app moved to consideration for phone interview 8/4. experience review email on 8/2. complete 7/26

Complete 07/24, still no update on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat even though it looks like people complete 07/28 and 07/29 are now being reviewed?

Complete 07/24, still no update on my portal. Anyone else in the same boat even though it looks like people complete 07/28 and 07/29 are now being reviewed?
Lol same. Received confirmation of completion on 7/26. No email updates since. I think it’s important to remember that we never know the order in which they review apps. There’s too much uncertainty in this process and it’s still super early.

Lol same. Received confirmation of completion on 7/26. No email updates since. I think it’s important to remember that we never know the order in which they review apps. There’s too much uncertainty in this process and it’s still super early.
Do you get a second confirmation after the online assessment?

I took the assessment last week and they haven’t confirmed anything yet lol
Im glad they moved away from their own portal (it was bad) and started using AMP... But they should definitely just integrate the online assessment into the portal instead of separating the secondary from the online assessment.

Just received the consideration for a phone interview today! Got the experience review email on 8/2 and was complete on 7/26

Submitted secondaries 7/18
Submitted Online Assessment 7/19
Confirmed Completed 7/26
Experience Review Email 8/9

Submitted the online assessment on 8/5 and still have yet to hear anything back -- sounds like this is normal??

Submitted the online assessment on 8/5 and still have yet to hear anything back -- sounds like this is normal??
You probably have a email in your communications section from ~8/7 saying you're complete and they'll let you know when you're under review - I and it seems a few others haven't actually gotten this email in our inbox though