2022-2023 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email telling me to "Take the next steps" with my application... Looking at the rest of this thread, I'm hopeful this could be a II! How long did it take everyone to find the second email that has the attestation form and interview info in their spam?

Also big rip if this is actually an R lmao

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email telling me to "Take the next steps" with my application... Looking at the rest of this thread, I'm hopeful this could be a II! How long did it take everyone to find the second email that has the attestation form and interview info in their spam?

Also big rip if this is actually an R lmao
Check your portal and spam?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd, my subject title with the initial email was pretty clear. It said "Weill Cornell Medical College Interview"

Well, rip I’ll email them tomorrow morning, I guess.

Looks like scheduling is Mid Nov up to Dec 1, and they only offer interviews Tues/Thurs

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone gotten an interview for the regular MD, after being rejected from the MD/PhD? Trying to figure out if I still have a shot here. Thank you so much

Has anyone with an institutional action (alcohol/noise violation) gotten an II here?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also curious for those of you who sent an update letter Pre-II, did you receive a confirmation email?

How many days did it take for the confirmation to come after sending your update letter to their email address?
I received a confirmation two minutes after I sent in my update. They have a separate email address for updates though which could be why you haven't received a confirmation (email address+instructions should be in the application complete email)

Are we supposed to go to the Weill Cornell Wednesday webinar that they emailed us about? I would go, but I’m working during the webinar and already called out of one shift for the actual interview, and I’d hate to call out again!

Are we supposed to go to the Weill Cornell Wednesday webinar that they emailed us about? I would go, but I’m working during the webinar and already called out of one shift for the actual interview, and I’d hate to call out again!
I'm not going.

I received a confirmation two minutes after I sent in my update. They have a separate email address for updates though which could be why you haven't received a confirmation (email address+instructions should be in the application complete email)

that's so strange because I sent an update letter as a word doc and named it according to their instructions and sent it to
[email protected]
but no confirmation... Was I not supposed to include any text in the email?

OOS II received! Complete 08/17
Did you receive the schedule yet? I also got my II on Monday but wasn't sure if I should email them since it's past 3 business days or if others also got their schedule after the 3 days.

Did you receive the schedule yet? I also got my II on Monday but wasn't sure if I should email them since it's past 3 business days or if others also got their schedule after the 3 days.
Haven’t yet, was planning to email on Monday if I don’t hear anything today!

II recieved today! OOS ORM LM 77 completed 8/2. Will update with how far back they are scheduling once I am able to

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got invited to "Weill Cornell Wednesday" for interviewed applicants. Per their description it seems like a laid back chat about living options in NYC. Anybody who's done the earlier one, is that basically what it is?

Just got invited to "Weill Cornell Wednesday" for interviewed applicants. Per their description it seems like a laid back chat about living options in NYC. Anybody who's done the earlier one, is that basically what it is?
These are a series of Zoom webinars, so they're more like a series of presentations rather than discussions. Super casual indeed -- I tuned in to the first one while I was at work, and I don't believe they can even see who is or isn't in attendance. There is, however, an opportunity to ask questions throughout via the chatbox.

I found the first one very informative! Definitely recommend that you attend if you've been invited.

Reactions: 1 users
any below the median stat app success stories? wondering if i have any slice of a chance

love to hear both! my app was submitted very late so im not holding my breath

• Care
any below the median stat app success stories? wondering if i have any slice of a chance
Interviewed earlyish with gpa and MCAT both under 25th percentile, had two MCAT scores and first one was in the low 500s.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who have interviewed, for the morning session, do you have to log in at 8 am for some kind of general welcome or just log in for the two scheduled interviews + the scheduled group session?

any idea when MSTP decisions are released? I vaguely remember hearing early-mid december during the interview

any idea when MSTP decisions are released? I vaguely remember hearing early-mid december during the interview

Based on the last few years of the acceptances threads in the MD/PhD forums, looks like it's typically on Dec 15th/16th!

• Love
For those of you who have interviewed, for the morning session, do you have to log in at 8 am for some kind of general welcome or just log in for the two scheduled interviews + the scheduled group session?
No, you just have to log in about 5-10 mins before your first scheduled morning interview, the general welcome is part of the scheduled group sessions

hoping that we get some decisions rolling out this week for MSTPs! Sending positive vibes to us all!

• Care
No, you just have to log in about 5-10 mins before your first scheduled morning interview, the general welcome is part of the scheduled group sessions
How was the interview? I've been seeing conflicting reviews on SDN's interview feedback where some people were saying it was conversational but others were saying it was like a stress interview. Just wondering if anything might be different via zoom interviews.