2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone who has interviewed let us know if you are allowed to jot down notes during the 2 minutes of prep of the MMI stations??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell from past years if they wait to reject everyone in like Feb? It seemed like they give out holds and interviews, but no straight rejections until the end

Can anyone tell from past years if they wait to reject everyone in like Feb? It seemed like they give out holds and interviews, but no straight rejections until the end
They say in the "forwarded for review" email that they'll let you know at the same time they would have sent out IIs and holds. The reason you're not seeing more posts about rejection is because its uncomfortable to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the zoom link and other info comes for Thursday interviews?
Just to provide some "data", I am interviewing Thursday and have not received the Zoom link yet either!

I know that we have 2 minutes to read the vignette in the interviews, but does anyone know if that time is taken out of our 8 minutes at a station? Aka do we have 6 or 8 minutes to discuss at each station?

I know that we have 2 minutes to read the vignette in the interviews, but does anyone know if that time is taken out of our 8 minutes at a station? Aka do we have 6 or 8 minutes to discuss at each station?
Pretty sure the time is not included in the 8 minutes. My guess is 2 minutes to read then we get another 8 minutes at the station to actually discuss. Anyone have any tips for preparing?

Pretty sure the time is not included in the 8 minutes. My guess is 2 minutes to read then we get another 8 minutes at the station to actually discuss. Anyone have any tips for preparing?
Hi! You get 2 minutes to read the prompt and take notes. Then you’ll have 8 minutes to discuss with the interviewer. For MMIs, I’ve found
Multiple Mini Interview (MMI): Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty by Samir P Desai to be helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh boy… I’m interviewing here in a couple of hours!! Any last minute advice??

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh boy… I’m interviewing here in a couple of hours!! Any last minute advice??
How was the interview? Was each station just a problem/ethical situation, or did they throw traditional questions in there as well?

Is anyone else going insane post-interview? Honestly much worse than the post-MCAT wait.

Is anyone else going insane post-interview? Honestly much worse than the post-MCAT wait.
I got smacked around at several stations, so I’ve honestly already accepted the R/WL at this point 😅

Yeahhhhh, I’m so nervous and so excited I can’t tell what emotion I am feeling but I can’t freakin wait to hear back!!! Hopefully we hear back by October 28th!

I got smacked around at several stations, so I’ve honestly already accepted the R/WL at this point 😅
That'll only make the A even sweeter

Yeahhhhh, I’m so nervous and so excited
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
I can’t tell what emotion I am feeling but I can’t freakin wait to hear back!!! Hopefully we hear back by October 28th!
I was nervous immediately after. Then I found out my car was towed, completely wrecked my day and made me even more anxious

• Care
That'll only make the A even sweeter

I was nervous immediately after. Then I found out my car was towed, completely wrecked my day and made me even more anxious

OMG no way!!!! That is so sad :( well good luck, you super deserve the A now haha!

II received! IS ORM LM 73.15 WARS 93

EDIT: WARS 90, accidentally had MISC category set to 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete 7/13 --> Hold 10/4

BIG SAD

OOS (ties to CA)/ORM/LM: ~70

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
yep same im crushed and crying feels bad, literally i would have chosen ucsd over like harvard.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
submitted 7/21 and got the hold 10/4

in-state, UCSD Alumni, research-heavy, thousands of hours clinical exp. 3.84 514.

big sad

• Care
anyone know if the hold is basically an R? Havent heard many people getting off the waitlist for an II..

Seeing how many holds they gave out it really just seems to be a soft R :(

I don't understand why schools put so many applicants on hold instead of just rejecting them. I already have six holds!

• Wow
OOS II just now. Thank you for the love San Diego!

edit: complete 7/10

realistically, do people actually get interviews after being put on hold? or is it really just a soft R :(

7/30 -> 10/4 hold
IS LM 75
Fingers crossed for February!

If I have no hold and people are on hold after my complete date is it safe to assume i will get the R soon?

+1 Pre-Secondary Soft R
This stings “While it is possible that some applicants receiving this email may be invited to submit secondary application materials at a later date, we do not anticipate that this will be a common occurrence.”

Has anyone who got waitlisted last cycle heard anything back this cycle as of yet?