2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got out on hold too. At least it’s not a rejection bruh. Did anyone ever get pull up again for an interview though? I would like to stay optimistic!

Reactions: 1 user
hold IS. at least i get to add some more color to my silly little spreadsheet

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On hold as well 🥹. OOS, non-trad, ORM. Stats in my signature. Complete 6/30.

Have any PRIME HEq applicants heard back? I submitted 7/10 and nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS hold. In case anybody is wondering what the email looks like I have it copied below:

Thank you for your patience in waiting for communication from the Admissions Office regarding the status of your application to the UCSD School of Medicine. Our Recruitment and Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application. The Committee initially makes one of three decisions. Applicants may be invited for an interview, placed on “hold” for an interview, or receive no further consideration for an interview. You have been placed on “hold” for an interview. Our Committee will again review the applications of those on “hold” for an interview by early February 2023. We anticipate that additional interview offers will be extended at that time, but we are unable to assess/approximate the likelihood for any individual applicant. Applicants that will not be invited will also be notified by email of our decision. We are not able to provide feedback to applicants on why this decision was made. Every year applicants ask us if they can provide updates on activities, new grades, additional letters of recommendation, or “letters of intent.” Please do not send any materials – interview decisions will be based on the materials we have already received through the regular application processes. Thank you for your interest in the UCSD School of Medicine entering class of 2023.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS hold. In case anybody is wondering what the email looks like I have it copied below:

Thank you for your patience in waiting for communication from the Admissions Office regarding the status of your application to the UCSD School of Medicine. Our Recruitment and Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application. The Committee initially makes one of three decisions. Applicants may be invited for an interview, placed on “hold” for an interview, or receive no further consideration for an interview. You have been placed on “hold” for an interview. Our Committee will again review the applications of those on “hold” for an interview by early February 2023. We anticipate that additional interview offers will be extended at that time, but we are unable to assess/approximate the likelihood for any individual applicant. Applicants that will not be invited will also be notified by email of our decision. We are not able to provide feedback to applicants on why this decision was made. Every year applicants ask us if they can provide updates on activities, new grades, additional letters of recommendation, or “letters of intent.” Please do not send any materials – interview decisions will be based on the materials we have already received through the regular application processes. Thank you for your interest in the UCSD School of Medicine entering class of 2023.
Wow! Thanks for sharing the message.

How are folks preparing for MMI interviews for this school and others? My school didn't have the best HPA office and I'm not too sure how one prepares for these types of interviews. I would appreciate any tips/recommendations for resources!

How are folks preparing for MMI interviews for this school and others? My school didn't have the best HPA office and I'm not too sure how one prepares for these types of interviews. I would appreciate any tips/recommendations for resources!

Me too!!

secondary invite on 09/08 for MSTP. Complete on 09/17. What are my chances of getting an II?

secondary invite on 09/08 for MSTP. Complete on 09/17. What are my chances of getting an II?

If I remember correctly, I think the numbers were around 9000 applicants and 850ish interviews last year. So right around 10% chance I guess if I’m remembering my numbers right

If I remember correctly, I think the numbers were around 9000 applicants and 850ish interviews last year. So right around 10% chance I guess if I’m remembering my numbers right
I think they are asking specifically for MSTP, numbers are probably much less

Not sure I never got an email about being out on hold but I haven’t checked my portal since submission

Has anyone interviewed here yet? If so, did they give you a time-frame for how long you can expect to wait for your post-II decision?

For people interviewing on Tuesday, have you guys received any email with the zoom info yet?

i probably should have researched this before, but by applying to ghac, do we shoot ourselves in the foot if the special programs dont want us? will we get considered for the md sans special programs?

i probably should have researched this before, but by applying to ghac, do we shoot ourselves in the foot if the special programs dont want us? will we get considered for the md sans special programs?
Admission offers from the UCSD School of Medicine are made independently of the GHAC program. A total of five students from the applicant pool will be selected for admission to the track each year.

Taken from the GHAC website Admissions
I feel like they take 5 students that have been admitted by the main MD program and have also applied to the GHAC program.

Reactions: 1 users
Should I assume that I've been screened out if I submitted my primary on 8/15?