2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who was complete early august receive an II from UCSD or any UC?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite!!!!! OOS, ORM. MCAT 512, GPA 3.85. Earliest interview available was September 29th!

Reactions: 1 users
II received 9/1!

I am IS, LM 75 WARS 80, submitted & complete 7/11

Last edited:
Does anyone know how they decide when to give someone an II? I can't see how I would have been reviewed when my committee letter wasn't submitted until 8/8

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well hopefully that helps me out in the post-Interview scoring, the post-II A% is a little intimidating......

Agreed :( it’s around 30% right?

Reactions: 2 users
Just an FYI, when you receive an invite has absolutely no bearing on your chances of acceptance at UCSD. There is a raw 30% chance you get in no matter when you interview so no worries to the people who have yet to receive IIs. You are in the same position as someone who will interview in september even if you dont interview until February. You are only really competing with the people who interview around the same time as you.

Just an FYI, when you receive an invite has absolutely no bearing on your chances of acceptance at UCSD. There is a raw 30% chance you get in no matter when you interview so no worries to the people who have yet to receive IIs. You are in the same position as someone who will interview in september even if you dont interview until February. You are only really competing with the people who interview around the same time as you.

Fr? I scoured the internet and couldn’t find info on their post-interview acceptances overtime.

Does UCSD not do rolling admissions? If they don’t, then this would be true, but if they do, then I would expect the post-II acceptance rate to decline as the cycle goes on.

Does UCSD not do rolling admissions? If they don’t, then this would be true, but if they do, then I would expect the post-II acceptance rate to decline as the cycle goes on.
not sure how ucsd does it, but i think lots of schools accept a certain number at each interview day. i know case does this!

Reactions: 1 user
We do have "rolling" admissions. But, what rolling admissions means from our perspective is that we plan to make a small number of offers spread throughout the year...it does NOT mean that we make all of our offers in October and November and reject any applicants that happen to be reviewed later.

Straight from their website

We do have "rolling" admissions. But, what rolling admissions means from our perspective is that we plan to make a small number of offers spread throughout the year...it does NOT mean that we make all of our offers in October and November and reject any applicants that happen to be reviewed later.

I remember reading this but wasn't sure if it meant there was a set amount if A's were given at set points throughout the season or if there was a tapering of A's given, but a guaranteed set of A's for people who are invited later.

Do you have any insight on the order in which they extend invites? Is it just in the order they receive apps or do they filter and extend invites based on how much they like your app?

Is it just in the order they receive apps or do they filter and extend invites based on how much they like your app?
The extent of filtering is probably whether or not they invite you for a secondary. IIs are also given mcat blind. All the information is on the website. UCSD is very transparent. If you have recieved one, that is all that matters.

IS, primary verified early August, but no secondary yet. How long should I wait before reaching out?

The extent of filtering is probably whether or not they invite you for a secondary. IIs are also given mcat blind. All the information is on the website. UCSD is very transparent. If you have recieved one, that is all that matters.
Sorry, I meant stratify. My understanding is a lot of schools stratify applicants and send II's from highest to lowest, with the highest having the most desirable applicants on paper (which in this case would just be essays and activities if II's are stat blind).

Sorry, I meant stratify. My understanding is a lot of schools stratify applicants and send II's from highest to lowest, with the highest having the most desirable applicants on paper (which in this case would just be essays and activities if II's are stat blind).
This is absolutely not the case for UCSD. The only thing tangentially related is if they place you on hold and then send you an II later. If you have received an II you are as equally desirable pre-interview as anyone else is. And if you recieve an II for september and you were complete in August, it doesnt make you any more or less desirable/competitive than someone who also was complete in August but interviewed in December. There are many reasons for the discrepancy in II timing - for example: application to a prime program

This is absolutely not the case for UCSD. The only thing tangentially related is if they place you on hold and then send you an II later. If you have received an II you are as equally desirable pre-interview as anyone else is. And if you recieve an II for september and you were complete in August, it doesnt make you any more or less desirable/competitive than someone who also was complete in August but interviewed in December. There are many reasons for the discrepancy in II timing - for example: application to a prime program

Then I guess I’ll just have to go goblin mode on my interviewer

IS II today, secondary completed on 7/26. So excited and surprised!

Congratulations!!!! Do you mind sharing stats? :)
Yea, I have a 3.4x science, 3.8x overall and 511 MCAT. For anyone that is interested, the current available dates are in mid October so there are still plenty of invites to be sent out.

How friendly is UCSD for OOS? Debating on submitting my app if it isn’t too late.

How friendly is UCSD for OOS? Debating on submitting my app if it isn’t too late.

FWIW I’m OOS, no ties and got an II fairly early. I know their OOS acceptance numbers are a bit low, but I feel like if you fit their school you got a shot. Also they specifically state that applying later doesn’t hurt your chances.

At a premed job fair the red from UCSD said they do not prefer IS over OOS, the numbers just appear that way based on the number of applicants from IS. I would say apply!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if a hold here is a soft R? Or do people come off of it a lot

on hold for ucsd is essentially a soft R right? kinda sucks, was one of my top choices

Hold second year in a row. Frustrating.
IS, non-trad, FAP recipient, ORM, LM 73, complete late July.