2023-2024 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a chance that there could be waitlist movement with the next wave of decisions in a few weeks or do we think it's not happening until May (if it happens at all)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I crazy to choose UCLA over UCSF?
I know a UCLA med student and they know quite a few ppl who chose UCLA over UCSF, so def not uncommon. Common denominator seems to generally be that they're Cali ppl who want to stay in Cali (so the marginal prestige boost isn't super important), and they preferred the location/program characteristics/financial aid at UCLA over UCSF.

Reactions: 2 users
So the earliest that the waitlist moves is April, right?

Last edited:
Anyone else that got a WL here not have it in their CYMS portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent the last A wave yet? I interviewed in late January so I wasn’t considered in the first wave I think

Reactions: 3 users
just heard i got into jmp 🥺🫣 i am so damn excited, been my top choice program throughout the process

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Have they sent the last A wave yet? I interviewed in late January so I wasn’t considered in the first wave I think
Remember you have to get in so I can get in off the waitlist at ucla. You got this bro. You rizzed and went to havaaaaaarrrddddd

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Are emails staggered? Or is that all the As for the second wave?

• Care
Wait does JMP come out yet? This says WL but I thought I only interviewed for JMP 😭😭😭 ughhhh

WHEN I SAY IM SHAKING I MEAN IM SHAKINGGG IN STATE REG MD A 43 MIN AGO 😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate for MD as of 15 mins ago. I interviewed 1/30 for MD/JMP. Do any JMP people know how it works from here for us? In the interview they said something along the lines of 'acceptance for one or both programs is possible,' so does that mean I still have a shot at JMP? hopefully:,)

update: just got the JMP WL email :/

Last edited: