2022-2023 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone who interviewed speak shed light on what their admissions timeline is? Are they interviewing every week? How long until they send out decisions from your interview date?

I interviewed last week and we were told that we were the first group to interview, so they’ve just started interviews. The admissions staff member said they would start releasing post II decisions mid November for us

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who interviewed speak shed light on what their admissions timeline is? Are they interviewing every week? How long until they send out decisions from your interview date?
"We interview one cohort of 12 students on Tuesdays/Thursdays and two cohorts of 12 students on Saturdays during interview season." <-- this is info I saw on MSAR. After the interview they just said that admission decisions start going out on Nov 15 the earliest but its rolling basis so to just be patient :///

II received today! Complete 8/17, URM, IS, LM 67, mission fit, ties to IE

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Other than my address on my primary application, I didn't really emphasize that I've lived in Riverside for like the entirety of my life (I forgot I could explain that in the 5th optional question...) Did everyone else who has strong IE ties emphasize that? Feeling kinda dumb right now

Reactions: 1 user
Other than my address on my primary application, I didn't really emphasize that I've lived in Riverside for like the entirety of my life (I forgot I could explain that in the 5th optional question...) Did everyone else who has strong IE ties emphasize that? Feeling kinda dumb right now
Yes, I talked about how I was born and raised in Riverside, and that it would be an honor and privilege to serve the community I've lived in my whole life.

II received today (9/22 12:40pm)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my secondary on 8/29 and was marked complete that day. Since then pure silence, anyone else on the same boat? How long did it take for anyone to hear back about a II or R? I am IS, heavy ties to IE. Top choice for me.

I submitted my secondary on 8/29 and was marked complete that day. Since then pure silence, anyone else on the same boat? How long did it take for anyone to hear back about a II or R? I am IS, heavy ties to IE. Top choice for me.
I was complete 8/2 and have not received anything yet. IS, SoCal with family ties to IE.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete end of July and nothing! Last cycle they sent R’s by Feb. they did do pre II holds in like dec

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea complete 08/3 with no II yet either

II just now!! crying screaming throwing up this is my dream school omg GPA: 3.53 MCAT: 511 IS

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Congratulations! What is the earliest date you were able to schedule interview?
There was only one date and time slot available -- 10/8! I checked all the other months but I think they do it like this on purpose based on what I saw from previous years

There was only one date and time slot available -- 10/8! I checked all the other months but I think they do it like this on purpose based on what I saw from previous years
Thank you for your response!

How long did it take for people who had connections or are from the area to get the interview after you were complete/ secondary sent?

How long did it take for people who had connections or are from the area to get the interview after you were complete/ secondary sent?

I’m an IE resident and I submitted my secondary late July and got my II early Sept! But I don’t think they select by connections because people in my cohort during interview day were from all over CA

I’m an IE resident and I submitted my secondary late July and got my II early Sept! But I don’t think they select by connections because people in my cohort during interview day were from all over CA
You have to go in person to the interview? Is it not virtual?

for the people who interviewed already: any tips for the interview? mine is this weekend and I am so nervous AHHH

Dang hopefully I get an II too and everyone else waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
For those asking for Interview advice/info on what to expect, here is what MY experience was like.

Overall info:
- the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and emphasized that they would work with us if we had any tech issues
- you will have a meeting a few days before the interview with staff to go over what to expect for the MMI and after that you will get to speak with a couple of current students
- my medical student panel had people from different years so it was nice to get the perspective of MS1s through MS4s

Interview:
- prep for medical and non medical scenarios - there’s tons of practice questions online
- know the UCR mission/values
- interviewers were friendly and welcoming and just want to hear your thought process
- I didn’t feel like any of the scenarios or follow up questions were asked to try to stress me out or put me on the spot
- this MMI is on the longer side as far as MMIs go, so mentally prepare yourself for a long day

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone sent an update letter yet? I was complete on 8/8 and haven't heard anything yet so was planning on sending one soon.
I started doing my thesis work at Riverside community hospital so I wasn't sure when to update them about that either! Don't want to be too pushy but it's my dream school

I started doing my thesis work at Riverside community hospital so I wasn't sure when to update them about that either! Don't want to be too pushy but it's my dream school
I’ve been trying to read around Reddit and pre-med counseling websites who said to send them in October, in November, or 6 weeks after you’ve been completed.. not sure who to listen to 😭😭 others say to send one if you have significant updates and not to worry too much about the times so much

I’ve been trying to read around Reddit and pre-med counseling websites who said to send them in October, in November, or 6 weeks after you’ve been completed.. not sure who to listen to 😭😭 others say to send one if you have significant updates and not to worry too much about the times so much
I feel like if you have a significant update that you can reflect on (i.e. you didn't just start a new job yesterday and therefore have no actual experience in the position), you should communicate that! Especially if it's something that relates to the school and/or is in line with its mission.

As long as you aren't being frivolous and updating schools on irrelevant things every other week, I don't think it would come across as pushy? Personally, I wouldn't want to regret waiting to send something if I got a rejection in the meantime. You never know if you're being actively considered & that one update gives them the push to interview you!

But also take anything I just said with a grain of salt. I'm just a re-applicant here, so maybe not the best source of advice LOL. Either way, good luck to everyone!! :)

I feel like if you have a significant update that you can reflect on (i.e. you didn't just start a new job yesterday and therefore have no actual experience in the position), you should communicate that! Especially if it's something that relates to the school and/or is in line with its mission.

As long as you aren't being frivolous and updating schools on irrelevant things every other week, I don't think it would come across as pushy? Personally, I wouldn't want to regret waiting to send something if I got a rejection in the meantime. You never know if you're being actively considered & that one update gives them the push to interview you!

But also take anything I just said with a grain of salt. I'm just a re-applicant here, so maybe not the best source of advice LOL. Either way, good luck to everyone!! :)
Thank you for the advice! I seriously appreciate it!!

• Love
Any news of As? Does anyone who interviewed 10/8 remember when they said we should expect to hear back?