2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know what I can expect for the Touro-Nevada interview tomorrow? I don't see much information on it besides that it's from 10am-5pm ET. But I don't know if it's MMI or traditional.
It’s a traditional 20 minute interview

Members don't see this ad.

Are there more interviews past the 20 minute interview?
No, that’s the only interview. They do ask a lot of questions in a short period, sometimes the interviewer might even cut you off or correct you. So keep it concise

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 2/28 interview heard back yet??
Nope... I received two emails saying that they are still in the review process and hope to get decisions out shortly... Did you receive the same emails?

Nope... I received two emails saying that they are still in the review process and hope to get decisions out shortly... Did you receive the same emails?
Yes I received the same! The waiting is killing me haha but glad to know I'm not the only one waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I recently got invited for an interview and I haven't done my CASPER yet. Is this required prior to matriculation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten the A, but hasn't taken the CASPER?

Received an A just now!! Interviewed 3/6

Reactions: 3 users
Received an OOS A!! Interviewed 3/06

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have the match list for this year? I only see the match lists for 2022 and before on TUNCOM's website. Also, does anyone have the academic calendar for 2023-2024? Thanks!

Hey guys I'm super excited to start soon. I have some questions about housing.

How many minutes away is your commute to Touro?
With lectures being recorded do most students go in every single day? Or just for exams, OMM, simulations, etc?

I was able to visit over the weekend and am trying to figure out where I would like to live. I am fortunate that my parents offered to be the bank if I want to buy instead of rent. Rent is pretty expensive so I could potentially save money by buying.

Would it be better to buy in Henderson? I am also interested in Enterprise because it looks like it would be closer to some of the hospitals for rotations.

Do most students stay in Henderson for all four years?

Is it better to be closer to Touro or more centrally located for rotations?

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys I'm super excited to start soon. I have some questions about housing.

How many minutes away is your commute to Touro?
With lectures being recorded do most students go in every single day? Or just for exams, OMM, simulations, etc?

I was able to visit over the weekend and am trying to figure out where I would like to live. I am fortunate that my parents offered to be the bank if I want to buy instead of rent. Rent is pretty expensive so I could potentially save money by buying.

Would it be better to buy in Henderson? I am also interested in Enterprise because it looks like it would be closer to some of the hospitals for rotations.

Do most students stay in Henderson for all four years?

Is it better to be closer to Touro or more centrally located for rotations?

OMS-1 and 2, 8 minutes. Now in OMS-3 about 25 minutes.

In my class only about 30/180 students came to most live lectures once pandemic med school ended and we were allowed to come back. I've heard the newer students have a much higher attendance rate.

Would not advise buying for 95% of medical students. The housing market is inflated so it's an especially bad time now.

Savvy students live in Spring Valley (south west Vegas) for rotations. It is the most centrally located for rotations in case you get some in Summerlin (NW) which is about an hour away from Henderson.

A lot move but hard to say if the majority do. Henderson is expensive, boring and not centrally located.

Better to live in Henderson OMS-1 and 2 and then move to the southern part of the city for rotations. If I had to pick one location to live for 4 years, I would pick the city. But if you're really want to buy a house, Anthem, a few miles west of Henderson, is a "better" area than the city with more new construction. Summerlin is the nicest area but an hour away from Henderson and not well located for rotations either.

Reactions: 1 users
OMS-1 and 2, 8 minutes. Now in OMS-3 about 25 minutes.

In my class only about 30/180 students came to most live lectures once pandemic med school ended and we were allowed to come back. I've heard the newer students have a much higher attendance rate.

Would not advise buying for 95% of medical students. The housing market is inflated so it's an especially bad time now.

Savvy students live in Spring Valley (south west Vegas) for rotations. It is the most centrally located for rotations in case you get some in Summerlin (NW) which is about an hour away from Henderson.

A lot move but hard to say if the majority do. Henderson is expensive, boring and not centrally located.

Better to live in Henderson OMS-1 and 2 and then move to the southern part of the city for rotations. If I had to pick one location to live for 4 years, I would pick the city. But if you're really want to buy a house, Anthem, a few miles west of Henderson, is a "better" area than the city with more new construction. Summerlin is the nicest area but an hour away from Henderson and not well located for rotations either.
would you say enterprise & green valley areas are good?

would you say enterprise & green valley areas are good?
Enterprise is out of the way for OMS-1 and 2. You may already know lectures aren't mandatory but OMM and Clinical Skills class, each once per week, are. First year also has mandatory anatomy lab 1-4 times per week. A lot of students live in apartments 5 mins from Touro OMS-1 and 2 for convenience then move to the city for fun. Henderson housing prices are getting out of control though so people from your year may chose differently.

Enterprise is close to Southern Hills Hospital and St Rose San Martin where there are lots of rotations. There's a lot of new housing construction there as of this year, so it may be up and coming, but it still feels dead and hollow when you go out there now. Green valley situated well and could be a good option. I don't know anyone who lives there currently though.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who got an A from the 3/06 interview receive their offer letter yet? I know they said they were having some system errors but they didn’t give a timeline when to expect it haha

Anyone who got an A from the 3/06 interview receive their offer letter yet? I know they said they were having some system errors but they didn’t give a timeline when to expect it haha
I haven't gotten mine yet

I just got mine now. I interviewed 2/28 but I think we received our decision around the same time so hopefully yours will be coming soon as well!

Lol I spoke too soon. Just got mine right now as well

Has anyone heard back from the 3/28 interviews. They said we would hear back by the latest 4/20

Is there a way to access their match list for this year? I haven't been able to find it anywhere

I was looking at the academic calendar and saw that the winter break is 1 week (Dec 23 - Jan 1). But the curriculum on their website shows that the break is two weeks long. Does anyone know how long the break actually is? Thanks!

Would being complete (secondary submitted and all) in September be considered late for TUNCOM?

Would being complete (secondary submitted and all) in September be considered late for TUNCOM?
Not at all. I had submitted my Primary in August or so but didn’t get to my secondary until the last week of January haha. I wasn’t getting much traction with my cycle so thought I’d submit on a whim. Ended up getting a II about 2 weeks later and an A after that. Will be matriculating here :) though earlier the better of course

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected today 3/28 interview. Good luck guys!

• Care
Waitlisted today from 3/28 interview. Anyone know how full the class is :(

• Care
A today as well, interviewed 3/28. May I please be sent the discord link?

For people who got Accepted, congrats and feel free to PM me for the discord link! :)