2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are making me sweat with nervousness over this LMFAOO
I submitted as a PDF as well ! Like mentioned before, PDF is a format that rarely has formatting issues, and is readable on almost every device/software so PDF is (in my opinion) the best format to submit documents in.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else have a 12:00 pm interview on Monday? The admission presentation doesn’t end till 12 but my interview starts at 12 pm as well so I’m like do we just hop off before it’s over? I know attendance to that was mandatory but they also want us 5-10 mins early to our interview.

hey guys! I never got an official complete email from touro ny but when i logged onto my portal it says status is complete! does this mean duet, casper, LORs and everything is received? and did you guys get an official complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I never got an official complete email from touro ny but when i logged onto my portal it says status is complete! does this mean duet, casper, LORs and everything is received? and did you guys get an official complete email?
I never got a complete email!

when i turned in my secondary, the acknowledge email i received for the secondary mentioned that my app was complete. It was not separate email for the complete application

when i turned in my secondary, the acknowledge email i received for the secondary mentioned that my app was complete. It was not separate email for the complete application

I didn’t get a complete email until the day I got my interview invite. They were only a couple of hours apart

This school is so scummy. Who tf charges 200 for a secondary and to potentially live in Harlem ny for 4 years ??? Lmao I need what these admission directors for medical schools are on

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
What is the font size/type for the Touro secondary? I am guessing we can't change it but when I go to copy paste my paragraph into the word doc I feel like it allows any font size

Wait what do you mean?
I'm sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean that when i got the secondary complete confirmation email, the e-mail also stated my entire application was complete; I think the official complete email is the one you get after the secondary is submitted.

Here is a quote from the e-mail i got after i turned in my secondary i'm copying and pasting here:
"Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Secondary Application and Personal Essay.
At this time your application is complete and no further action is required on your part."

I'm sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean that when i got the secondary complete confirmation email, the e-mail also stated my entire application was complete; I think the official complete email is the one you get after the secondary is submitted.

Here is a quote from the e-mail i got after i turned in my secondary i'm copying and pasting here:
"Thank you for your interest in TouroCOM-NY, this email will acknowledge receipt of your Secondary Application and Personal Essay.
At this time your application is complete and no further action is required on your part."
Did anyone not get any email immediately after turning their secondary? I didn't get any confirmation whatsoever.Portal shows application complete tho

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone not get any email immediately after turning their secondary? I didn't get any confirmation whatsoever.Portal shows application complete tho
Me! So they do send confirmation emails. I didn’t get but my portal says I’m complete

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone done the info session yet? Are you expected to be on camera the whole time? Did you prep questions for the Q&A?

What is the font size/type for the Touro secondary? I am guessing we can't change it but when I go to copy paste my paragraph into the word doc I feel like it allows any font size
I didn't see anything specific about this, so I would follow the same font size that is in the doc just to be safe. If you paste on to the document without formatting it will automatically be the same font size as in the doc.

I submitted over a week ago but my status is still at “submitted.” Is anyone else’s like this?

I submitted over a week ago but my status is still at “submitted.” Is anyone else’s like this?
Mine actually said under review (A) the second I submitted. For Cali i got a complete email like 2 min after, and for NY I did not get a complete email but i checked the portal a few days after submission and it says complete!

Mine actually said under review (A) the second I submitted. For Cali i got a complete email like 2 min after, and for NY I did not get a complete email but i checked the portal a few days after submission and it says complete!
Mine says the exact same thing and I also didn't get a complete email. Quick q- when did you submit your primary to Cali? I haven't received anything from them yet

Oh no
What was intense about it?

My interviewers came prepared. The one was so chill but the other one was ready to weed me out at the slightest error. Almost every question was about osteopathy and osteopathic medicine. Also they definitely thoroughly read my application before the interview. My heart was pounding the entire time. Also be prepared for: if you are admitted to both md and do what will you pick cause I wasn’t prepared. My answers felt wrong for some of the questions, I could go on. Definitely prepare more than normal for this interview.

Ps this isn’t my first interview so it wasn’t first time nerves

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
My interviewers came prepared. The one was so chill but the other one was ready to weed me out at the slightest error. Almost every question was about osteopathy and osteopathic medicine. Also they definitely thoroughly read my application before the interview. My heart was pounding the entire time. Also be prepared for: if you are admitted to both md and do what will you pick cause I wasn’t prepared. My answers felt wrong for some of the questions, I could go on. Definitely prepare more than normal for this interview.

Ps this isn’t my first interview so it wasn’t first time nerves
oh man! I hope you got the A *fingers-crossed*, I know they usually play good cop, bad cop so maybe that's why it felt intense.

do you mind sharing who your interviewers were?

also, anyone else interview today have any feedback?

oh man! I hope you got the A *fingers-crossed*, I know they usually play good cop, bad cop so maybe that's why it felt intense.

do you mind sharing who your interviewers were?

also, anyone else interview today have any feedback?

They were definitely playing good cop bad cop. So stressful. Just for privacy reasons I’d prefer to refrain from sharing who my interviewers are. They are paired together randomly anyways and the chances of anyone on this thread getting the exact same pairing is super random anyways

Reactions: 2 users
What does it mean degree completed in the "English Language" does that literally mean a BA/BS in English?? Such a weird wording to the statement has me confused if I need to pay for this AP score BS.

Secondary submitted.
I am on a mac and only have pages. I was able to change the font and size and what not before saving it as a pdf.

Does anyone know if Touro Harlem or Middletown is easier to get accepted to? (on average?)

What does it mean degree completed in the "English Language" does that literally mean a BA/BS in English?? Such a weird wording to the statement has me confused if I need to pay for this AP score BS.
It literally means if all your classes were taught in English. Vs if you went to school in another country where all subject matter was taught in another language

Does anyone still have their application under review that submitted their secondary a while ago? I submitted 9/9 so its been almost 3 weeks with nothing.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone still have their application under review that submitted their secondary a while ago? I submitted 9/9 so its been almost 3 weeks with nothing.
Submitted 9/4 and still under review.

That had to be the most intense interview I’ve ever done
Mine was totally opposite. It was really chill, so I guess I got lucky. One interviewer asked most of the questions and then I talked a little with the other interviewer about their interests in medicine. This was my second interview, and completely different format than the first so I can't really compare, but I liked it! The questions were definitely specific to my application and I appreciated that they took the time to look through it all beforehand.

Future interviewers, ya'll have nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

I do too. I submitted the secondary 9/19 and completed casper and duet a while back. My status just says "submitted" and I haven't gotten any confirmation emails.

Just got off my interview.... it was strange in my opinion. They are heavy on why OMM (obviously), but be prepared to explain some techniques. Overall, I think it went well.

I'm still wondering if I'm complete/if they've received everything bc I never got an email. The portal said complete but tbh I'm not even sure anymore :') I was thinking with how fast the turnaround was for this school I'd hear something on their end by now

Just got off my interview.... it was strange in my opinion. They are heavy on why OMM (obviously), but be prepared to explain some techniques. Overall, I think it went well.
We have to already know specific OMM techniques?

We have to already know specific OMM techniques?
I think its mostly being able to explain OMM in a less generic way. everyone talks about osteopathy being “holistic” and I think Touro wants to see that you genuinely know where it can be applied. watch a few videos of OMM on youtube and you’ll have a better idea on how to answer a question on technique if it comes up

Last edited:
I think its mostly being able to explain OMM in a less generic way. everyone talks about osteopathy being “holistic” and I think Touro wants to see that you genuinely know where it can be applied. watch a few videos of OMM on youtube and you’ll have a better idea on how to answer a question on technique if it comes up
thanks! I looked into it today after reading your reply and I already feel like I have a better understanding.

For anyone else who needs it, I found this video to be helpful:

Reactions: 3 users
I had my interview earlier today, anticipating both good cop vs bad cop & OMM questions. I got neither LOL. That being said, my interviewers were both wonderful and one of the more warm experiences I have had out of my interviews thus far (I've done 8). They preface that each interviewer goes in with their own agenda and that seems to be an honest statement. The few things I did prepare were not used hardly at all. Just make sure you know the school, try to understand Harlem, and know yourself and you should be fine.

I had my interview earlier today, anticipating both good cop vs bad cop & OMM questions. I got neither LOL. That being said, my interviewers were both wonderful and one of the more warm experiences I have had out of my interviews thus far (I've done 8). They preface that each interviewer goes in with their own agenda and that seems to be an honest statement. The few things I did prepare were not used hardly at all. Just make sure you know the school, try to understand Harlem, and know yourself and you should be fine.
also had my interview today. I went in with the same expectations and was pleasantly surprised with how friendly both interviewers were. Even one moment in the interview I fumbled a question pretty badly, both were very patient with me.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
ahhh I'm so nervous I really want an ii from this school :'))) I think the waiting from these NY schools is starting to get to me LMAO

ahhh I'm so nervous I really want an ii from this school :'))) I think the waiting from these NY schools is starting to get to me LMAO
Literally applied here cause everyone was talking about the first interview turn around but the moment I applied, it's all silence imao

Literally applied here cause everyone was talking about the first interview turn around but the moment I applied, it's all silence imao
IKK I must have triggered something. I got so hype when I realized how quickly they were sending interviews. They prob saw my secondary and went :censored: