2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are you guys answering all 4 suggested prompts or just picking a few? I wrote for 3/4 but now given the low character limit i'm wondering if I should answer 3 of them briefly or 2 of them more in depth

I focused on 2. Had like a touch of a 3rd but decided to chop most of it given space.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
are you guys answering all 4 suggested prompts or just picking a few? I wrote for 3/4 but now given the low character limit i'm wondering if I should answer 3 of them briefly or 2 of them more in depth
I'd be inclined to think either is fine. If the 3 things you wrote about were strong points, I'd say it's fine to leave it as is. If you feel one of them is a bit weaker, you could condense down to 2 and go a bit further in depth. That's just my opinion though!

Reactions: 1 user
I focused on 2. Had like a touch of a 3rd but decided to chop most of it given space.
Would you mind checking on the portal what it says under Application Detail > Application Status?
Mine says: Under Review (A)
Wondering what that A might mean or if it's just there to make me annoyingly neurotic :alien:

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind checking on the portal what it says under Application Detail > Application Status?
Mine says: Under Review (A)
Wondering what that A might mean or if it's just there to make me annoyingly neurotic :alien:

Mine also says A

Mine also says A
GIF by Sky

Just kidding. Thanks for checking for me!

Yet another day passes without a secondary from Touro

• Sad
Lmaoo I emailed the school and they said duet is not required for secondary, but is required for an interview if you are invited for a secondary. Plz invite me for a secondary 😂 I figured emailing them would make them be like oops here you go my bad

• Hmm
Finally got the secondary

Just received the secondary. Did CASPER and did not do DUET. Did they screen for Secondary or send it to everyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is any other Canadian having an issue with the secondary where they wont recognize our postal code as a valid zip code?

Where do we enter no preference if we want to be considered for the Montana campus? I only see Harlem/Middletown under program/location

Lmaoo I emailed the school and they said duet is not required for secondary, but is required for an interview if you are invited for a secondary. Plz invite me for a secondary 😂 I figured emailing them would make them be like oops here you go my bad
Finally got it :)

anyone else having difficulty starting the app. I clicked on doctor of osteopathic medicine program and continue and it only then lets me click master of science.

anyone else having difficulty starting the app. I clicked on doctor of osteopathic medicine program and continue and it only then lets me click master of science.
click the direct link in the email and it does it correctly for you

Where do we enter no preference if we want to be considered for the Montana campus? I only see Harlem/Middletown under program/location
On the secondary, where it asks if you'd like to change your location preferences, you can say "yes" and then change it to "No Preference." On the primary, you should be able to already select "No Preference." The email they sent out for the secondary explains that if you want to be considered for Montana, you have to choose "No Preference." There's no option at this time to actually choose Montana.

Got a secondary this morning, my jaw dropped at the fee (it's $200), that's higher than any of the other DO/MD schools so far. I thought I was jaded enough to not be shocked by the cost of this process lmao :cryi:

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
On the secondary, where it asks if you'd like to change your location preferences, you can say "yes" and then change it to "No Preference." On the primary, you should be able to already select "No Preference." The email they sent out for the secondary explains that if you want to be considered for Montana, you have to choose "No Preference." There's no option at this time to actually choose Montana.
is this after we submit the essay? I don't see it

is this after we submit the essay? I don't see it
Unfortunately, I can't see the secondary since I submitted it. :( All I remember is that it was on a separate tab that asked if I changed my mind about my preferred location. I thought it was on an earlier tab than the essay, but I really can't recall.

Unfortunately, I can't see the secondary since I submitted it. :( All I remember is that it was on a separate tab that asked if I changed my mind about my preferred location. I thought it was on an earlier tab than the essay, but I really can't recall.
I just tried double checking and I don’t see anything before the essay about it besides where it says Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- Harlem/Middletown so hopefully it’s after

I just tried double checking and I don’t see anything before the essay about it besides where it says Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- Harlem/Middletown so hopefully it’s after
If you post (or DM) a screenshot with your personal info redacted, that should help refresh my memory if that's something you'd like to do

If you post (or DM) a screenshot with your personal info redacted, that should help refresh my memory if that's something you'd like to do
Sure I’ll dm you once I’m home from work!!

Did you guys include why Touro in your secondary? Or just focus on answering a few of the questions

is the personal statement document all that we need to complete for this?

I'm having technical difficulties with starting a new app. I got to the part when selecting the program. I copied the link in the email like it said in the instructions but after the school and the program is selected, the third drop down option to pick the supplemental application does not open no matter how many tries I click on it. I tried on both Firefox and Chrome. Is there something else I should try?

I'm having technical difficulties with starting a new app. I got to the part when selecting the program. I copied the link in the email like it said in the instructions but after the school and the program is selected, the third drop down option to pick the supplemental application does not open no matter how many tries I click on it. I tried on both Firefox and Chrome. Is there something else I should try?
Did you get 2 emails? The other thread for the Middletown campus talked about ?similar issues

Did you get 2 emails? The other thread for the Middletown campus talked about ?similar issues
No i only got 1 email. Yeah it only showed the Masters programs options at first, so I followed the instructions in the e-mail and directly copied and pasted the link. I log in again and start a new application, then it auto-populates the first two drop down arrows with "Touro College" and "College of Osteopathic Medicine" respectively.

But when I click on the third drop down box, nothing happens. It doesn't open to show the options. If i try to skip it and hit next to continue, I get a message in a red box that says: "There was a problem with your submission. Please contact [email protected] so that we can support you further. Include the e-mail address you used to log in and the program to which you are applying to."

No i only got 1 email. Yeah it only showed the Masters programs options at first, so I followed the instructions in the e-mail and directly copied and pasted the link. I log in again and start a new application, then it auto-populates the first two drop down arrows with "Touro College" and "College of Osteopathic Medicine" respectively.

But when I click on the third drop down box, nothing happens. It doesn't open to show the options. If i try to skip it and hit next to continue, I get a message in a red box that says: "There was a problem with your submission. Please contact [email protected] so that we can support you further. Include the e-mail address you used to log in and the program to which you are applying to."
Hmm. I got 2 emails and I think many others did as well. I guess check your spam/junk inboxes if you haven't already, then otherwise I'd go ahead and send an email to the one listed above. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Hmm. I got 2 emails and I think many others did as well. I guess check your spam/junk inboxes if you haven't already, then otherwise I'd go ahead and send an email to the one listed above. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Thanks. I just got my secondary email today actually, so I'll wait to see if i get a second email like everyone else tomorrow, then I'll email them

How are you all answering the prompts? Are you able to make any changes to the font? How many words are you aiming at?

How are you all answering the prompts? Are you able to make any changes to the font? How many words are you aiming at?
I focused on just two of the questions. I think it's about 300 words and you can't change the font. Really challenging to condense it that much tbh

whoa, wait the fee is $200?! I know I was complaining about not getting it yet but now that I have received the secondary, that fee is making me reconsider

Are we only limited to that one-page? it looks like I can submit something longer than the page? It doesnt look like there is a word limit

Are we only limited to that one-page? it looks like I can submit something longer than the page? It doesnt look like there is a word limit
Wondering the same. Although they have mentioned to limit response to that page.

Wondering the same. Although they have mentioned to limit response to that page.
It seems like people from last year also just limited their response to one-page! I submitted yesterday and just used the one page- I had to cut down a lot

It seems like people from last year also just limited their response to one-page! I submitted yesterday and just used the one page- I had to cut down a lot
this is insane. I copied over last years essay for reference for their one page limit. My essay last year fitted the one page limit. Due to the spacing they put in the essay is now 2 pages.....

Do you guys think I should submit this secondary for NY? I am a native New Yorker but i went to college in FL. I am hesitant to submit it because I took CASPer in June, and never did duet or preview (and don't intend to). Would they reject me for not doing those two if it's recommended? The application also asked about AP scores, and states that only 4 or 5 is acceptable. My university stated a 3 was acceptable, so I used that credit so I could start off with general chemistry I. Should I even submit with these two red flags on my app?

Do you guys think I should submit this secondary for NY? I am a native New Yorker but i went to college in FL. I am hesitant to submit it because I took CASPer in June, and never did duet or preview (and don't intend to). Would they reject me for not doing those two if it's recommended? The application also asked about AP scores, and states that only 4 or 5 is acceptable. My university stated a 3 was acceptable, so I used that credit so I could start off with general chemistry I. Should I even submit with these two red flags on my app?

I believe they only require Duet in addition to Casper which you should still be able to take if you took Casper in June. It’s a fast MC assessment that should take about 10-15 mins.
As for your AP credit, is it just one score you’d be using to replace gen chem req? I would still apply, if you get accepted you can take gen chem before matriculating.

I'm trying to start my secondary application but kinda stuck.

In their email they say: "The correct option that you should see is Touro College > College of Osteopathic Medicine > Supplemental Application (TouroCOM)." However, I don't see Supplemental Application anywhere in the start page.

Edit: Okay, I woke up this morning, log on, and it has the Supplemental Application now...what the hell

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    140.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited: