2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys, how strict is the "please limit your response to the space on this page" for the secondary document? That's barely any space!!! It's like half a page....I am going onto the 2nd page of the WOrd doc no matter how much I try to cut down. If i want to fit on just Page 1, then I would literally be writing just 1-2 very very short paragraphs.... Any insight anyone?!?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, how strict is the "please limit your response to the space on this page" for the secondary document? That's barely any space!!! It's like half a page....I am going onto the 2nd page of the WOrd doc no matter how much I try to cut down. If i want to fit on just Page 1, then I would literally be writing just 1-2 very very short paragraphs.... Any insight anyone?!?

I would stick to the recommendation of limiting your response to that space. It was estimated the limit is around 300 words so try to cut down!

I would stick to the recommendation of limiting your response to that space. It was estimated the limit is around 300 words so try to cut down!
Cut down more... still have 4 lines of writing on page 2. how bad would this look?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II received just now.
WOW!

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Meme GIF

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Super quick turnaround! Opened the email thinking it was one of the other Touro campuses, isn't it late in NY??
When did you submit your secondary??? I hope it's not late because I submitted mine earlier this morning haha.

When did you submit your secondary??? I hope it's not late because I submitted mine earlier this morning haha.
9/2. I don't think you're late considering that was 10 days ago and I was amongst the earlier people to recieve it! Their interviews were scattered through late September into early October.

Does it prompt you to pay for your secondary before submitting? Mine says submitted but I am unable find where to pay the secondary fee.

9/2. I don't think you're late considering that was 10 days ago and I was amongst the earlier people to recieve it! Their interviews were scattered through late September into early October.
Did you receive a complete email? I only received a payment notification.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was on hold because I didn't complete Duet so go complete that y'all

hey this might be a dumb question, but is it worth delaying the completion of the app by 2 weeks to get the archived AP score report for only 1 pre-req course (math)?

I got 5s on both the AP calc and Stat tests back in high school, but I did take one math class during undergrad that could fill the pre-req, but the grade is only a C so it might hold me back if i don't submit the AP score report

Does anyone know where is the option for the secondary fee payment?

Did ya'll have your status show up as "under review (A)" before getting the complete email, or after ? My status is "under review (A)" but I haven't gotten a complete email.

Did ya'll have your status show up as "under review (A)" before getting the complete email, or after ? My status is "under review (A)" but I haven't gotten a complete email.

I never got an email (besides the payment receipt) after submitting my secondary and my status also says under review (A) . In their original secondary invite email it says they’ll send an email after reviewing your secondary. It also says that can take 4-6 weeks

did you guys talk about why Touro at all in your secondary? or did you guys keep it more general, just trying to hit some of the questions

I haven’t even done mine bc do I really wanna pay $200 💀

did you guys talk about why Touro at all in your secondary? or did you guys keep it more general, just trying to hit some of the questions
I did because my "why TCOM" was so well connected with an experience I wrote about. Not sure if I would have otherwise.

I haven’t even done mine bc do I really wanna pay $200 💀
I originally thought the same but I said F it and it got me my II 💀

• Care
I did because my "why TCOM" was so well connected with an experience I wrote about. Not sure if I would have otherwise.

I originally thought the same but I said F it and it got me my II 💀
Might wait till next week then we’ll see how my bank account feeling LMAO

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know what font our response is automatically in the word doc? bc when I copy-paste my response from my google doc it actually keeps the font my writing was originally in which is Times New Roman so it doesn't match the word doc. From the looks of it looks like Calibri size 11?

does anyone know what font our response is automatically in the word doc? bc when I copy-paste my response from my google doc it actually keeps the font my writing was originally in which is Times New Roman so it doesn't match the word doc. From the looks of it looks like Calibri size 11?
Yea you can't change font size or style.I had to type into the document basically instead of copy pasting cause the formatting was diff

Yea you can't change font size or style.I had to type into the document basically instead of copy pasting cause the formatting was diff
I used calibri size 11 and it seems to match to a T and everything fits on the page 😂 so I’m highly considering submitting it this way

I never got an email (besides the payment receipt) after submitting my secondary and my status also says under review (A) . In their original secondary invite email it says they’ll send an email after reviewing your secondary. It also says that can take 4-6 weeks
Yeah me neither. I got one for touro Cali but only a payment received email for touro ny. My status also immediately went to under review (A)

I'm trying to start my secondary application but kinda stuck.

In their email they say: "The correct option that you should see is Touro College > College of Osteopathic Medicine > Supplemental Application (TouroCOM)." However, I don't see Supplemental Application anywhere in the start page.

Edit: Okay, I woke up this morning, log on, and it has the Supplemental Application now...what the hell
How did you figure it out? Mine shows the same as your picture but it only lets me start a Master's application which is really annoying.

@tepahtiani When you open the e-mail of the secondary invite, instead of clicking the link to go to the application, copy the link instead and paste it into the search bar to go to the site. It will prompt you to log in again. Once you're logged in and start the application, it will automatically fill the three lines with the appropriate program instead of the Masters program.

If you did already try that and it didn't work, maybe try e-mailing them?

same here. but with the quick turn around for the II I might actually do it

Is it really quick turnaround?? I still haven’t heard anything after submitting my secondary…not even a confirmation email saying my application is complete lol. I also thought it would’ve been quick turnaround but idk what’s going on

Is it really quick turnaround?? I still haven’t heard anything after submitting my secondary…not even a confirmation email saying my application is complete lol. I also thought it would’ve been quick turnaround but idk what’s going on

When did you submit?

II at 12:33 this morning. 508/3.84, casper 4Q. Took duet right after casper in May. Secondary submitted 9/8

How do you know if your duet has been sent to the schools?/ the school received it
I honestly have no idea, I just assumed that because my casper was received my duet was also received since I took them the same day. I'm sure you could reach out to admissions to confirm if they received it as well

Guys how did you upload the essay like was is it in doc or pdf?