2022-2023 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Make sure to check all the documents for money! I have never ever seen a turn around like this since they are supposed to be reviewing every week or two and no one has even been announcing a pre-match here other than EnMed.
I sure hope they offer something in the near future. It will absolutely steer my decision because we got mouths to feed, haha!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
EnMed Acceptance received
Non-trad, IS

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
While we're talking about TAMU interviews, just wanted to add that one of my interviewers really left a mark on me by starting off that he had no interest in reading my file
What a chad. Whenever I interview, I always want to tell the applicant I couldn't care less about their academics (grades, MCAT, and research) when they have high stats, but I never do because I don't want to come across as rude or create a tense environment

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I wonder when we hear about financial aid. If we prematch at schools, do those schools send aid estimates, or do you get a single aid estimate from the school you match with in March?
Current M1 here - we heard about scholarship in April after match day (even if you pre-match). I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone got scholarship offers before April/May.
As far as FAFSA financial aid, those are all also released at the same time, late spring/early summer.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Current M1 here - we heard about financial aid in April after match day (even if you pre-match). I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone got scholarship offers before April/May.
As far as FAFSA financial aid, those are all also released at the same time, late spring/early summer.
A&M has no merit scholarships that are given at the time of admission?

A&M has no merit scholarships that are given at the time of admission?
Not that I am aware of, but again I could be wrong! Everyone I know who received scholarship heard late spring.

Also, A&M doesn’t give a ton of scholarships so if it’s a strong consideration, I would take that into account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are there any EnMed group chats or Facebook pages?
I haven't seen anything, but I would be interested in speaking more about the school and throw some ideas around with fellow EnMed admits.

I haven't seen anything, but I would be interested in speaking more about the school and throw some ideas around with fellow EnMed admits.
Just start one until the school provides a more controlled one (school will invite only those admitted).

II just now. Completed 7/19, LM 64.4 really didn’t expect this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any Texas schools you are still waiting on for a II?
radio silence from ut southwestern and UH. utsw was a top choice for texas, so a little bummed, but it's not over until it's over.

Reactions: 1 user
radio silence from ut southwestern and UH. utsw was a top choice for texas, so a little bummed, but it's not over until it's over.
I am surprised by UTSW but not so much about UH. They have limited spots and dont expect you to matriculate with your numbers since you are prime applicant for Baylor and UTSW.

Not that I am aware of, but again I could be wrong! Everyone I know who received scholarship heard late spring.

Also, A&M doesn’t give a ton of scholarships so if it’s a strong consideration, I would take that into account.
@texasvandy

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

• Sad
Didn't get a II but just wanted to say I withdrew my app from this institution. It's a drop in the bucket but there's one more person out of the running for those of you who are waiting ^^;;

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi folks! Long time lurker who finally made an account here. I got an II for Enmed on Tuesday (11/1) and I'm super excited but also nervous bc it's my first interview of the cycle and a school I'm really excited about.

Any tips from folks who have had an interview already? Specifically the "engineering specific" questions--I have friends interviewing for engineering jobs who are given physics and math problems to solve during the interview so I don't know what to expect here. I know someone posted an Enmed interview summary a while back on this page and that was super helpful, just looking for any more insight.

Edit: Forgot to mention the interview is November 14th, in case anyone else will be there!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi folks! Long time lurker who finally made an account here. I got an II for Enmed on Tuesday (11/1) and I'm super excited but also nervous bc it's my first interview of the cycle and a school I'm really excited about.

Any tips from folks who have had an interview already? Specifically the "engineering specific" questions--I have friends interviewing for engineering jobs who are given physics and math problems to solve during the interview so I don't know what to expect here. I know someone posted an Enmed interview summary a while back on this page and that was super helpful, just looking for any more insight.

Edit: Forgot to mention the interview is November 14th, in case anyone else will be there!
We didn't have any technical questions beyond the engineering quizzes that I mentioned before. Be prepared to discuss hard and soft engineering skills you've gained through your engineering training though.

Last edited:

Are you currently an engineering student or have you already graduated? Just curious about your job interviewing experiences.

Don't sweat the technical questions. Remember, they are interviewing all types of engineers (civil, mech, computer science, etc.). I think it is more important to consider what interests you in the engineering and medical worlds, what experiences/skills you do have, and how you see yourself blending medicine and engineering. You should give this some thought before the interview, don't try to wing it the day of.

A good starting question from me (this is not something I was asked in the interview) is "Why do you want to get and MD and MEng at the same time vs. getting a PhD in Biomed/MechE/etc.?" I recommend if you have a friend in either the engineering or medical world, have this discussion with them over coffee. Explain your motivations to your friend. If you can navigate this conversation over 30 minutes with a person you know, you will be fine.

Good luck with the interview. I'm happy to answer other questions about the day's format that don't reveal any specific questions/tasks you are asked to do. My general comment is to wear comfortable shoes because you will be traversing around the building in the Maker Space, conference room, interview offices, etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the insight! I graduated in Materials Science Engineering in May. I've never done an interview for a full time engineering position, but I did work as a teaching assistant for a Matlab/programing class for 3 years so I do have experience with that interview. I just got freaked out by a friend who had to essentially bring a calculator to every job interview, but thankfully that's for a manufacturing engineering job and not medicine.

(and the comfortable shoes advice is super helpful--I actually had to get some yesterday bc the II specifically said we'd be in a lab space so the shoes needed to be compliant with safety protocol)

Thanks again! I really appreciate that you guys are willing to help nervous interviewees like myself :)

Thanks for the insight! I graduated in Materials Science Engineering in May. I've never done an interview for a full time engineering position, but I did work as a teaching assistant for a Matlab/programing class for 3 years so I do have experience with that interview. I just got freaked out by a friend who had to essentially bring a calculator to every job interview, but thankfully that's for a manufacturing engineering job and not medicine.

(and the comfortable shoes advice is super helpful--I actually had to get some yesterday bc the II specifically said we'd be in a lab space so the shoes needed to be compliant with safety protocol)

Thanks again! I really appreciate that you guys are willing to help nervous interviewees like myself :)
I understand your nerves, especially regarding a potential technical interview. I have not taken physics or math classes in 10+ years and my TI-89 is long lost in my desk. Interpret that as you will.

Does TAMU do any kind of medical school tour for applicants who have interviewed? Also, do they do any kind of pre-interview social?

Does TAMU do any kind of medical school tour for applicants who have interviewed? Also, do they do any kind of pre-interview social?
Yes, there was a Zoom pre-interview social the same week as the interview.

They should send you an email with the zoom details a few days beforehand

Last year they had two second-look days (in Feb) for those that pre-matched, and then an M1 welcome after match day. I imagine it’ll be the same again.

I will say the building isn’t locked during business hours so if you wanted to just come look around, I don’t think anyone would stop you. You wouldn’t be able to see badge restricted areas though (like anatomy lab, etc.)

I will say the building isn’t locked during business hours so if you wanted to just come look around, I don't think anyone would stop you.
Please reach out to admissions before just showing up on campus. They may be able to accommodate you and schedule an actual student tour.

How did they notify you of it? I didn't see anything in the portal.
The email I got about the pre-interview social was from a current student (@tamu.edu email address), so it may come to you from a different email.

Please reach out to admissions before just showing up on campus. They may be able to accommodate you and schedule an actual student tour.
I’m attempting to schedule a tour with them for when I’m in TX early next month as I probably won’t make it back for the socials next year. I can let y’all know if TAMU is able to make it happen for me (fingers crossed)

• Love
how long are the interview days at TAMU
I believe they changed the format to having an interview orientation for 2 hours, Monday morning. Then you have 2 30-minute interviews scheduled on Tuesday or Thursday.

Are interview days in person at a&m or still online

I submitted my secondary a long time ago but still no interviews ;( this is really sad

• Care
I submitted my secondary a long time ago but still no interviews ;( this is really sad
There is still time in this year's cycle. As one of my professors told me, keep busy and learn all you can! It will make you a better med student & doctor, and if you do have to reapply (not that we are there yet, but if by chance you do), you will have a better application and be a better candidate next cycle. This process is long and tends to bring out the worry in all of us, especially high achieving people who are used to being able to actively do something about whatever we are worrying about. Give yourself a break and some grace. I know it's easier said than done, and these are all things I'm reminding myself too. All the best to you.

• Love
Completed my interview recently. I felt great after the fist interviewer and we really connected. But I botched a significant question with my second interviewer. They also asked about my relatively low MCAT. Do you guys think I have a decent chance?

Pre-matched today! This is my first acceptance and I'm so very grateful.

Completed my interview recently. I felt great after the fist interviewer and we really connected. But I botched a significant question with my second interviewer. They also asked about my relatively low MCAT. Do you guys think I have a decent chance?

@MonsterIcee , I would not give up hope. The questions I had were tough too, and I did not have the perfect answers to them. I think it is more about the interviewers getting to know you than you having a "right answer" for every question.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
whats ur mcat

Honestly, it's hard to say and it's not worth worrying about either way because it's out of your hands at this point. All applications are judged by a large committee and any significant disagreement between interviewers is scrutinized very closely. If it helps, you never know what your interviewer values or comes away with. There have been times an applicant has complained to the committee about a particular interviewer and it turns out that interviewer gave a positive evaluation when the other did not. When I interview, I sometimes ask about academic performance to assess one thing or another, but I honestly don't much care much about your MCAT, GPA, or prior research as long as I'm not concerned you can pass your medical school classes. There's much more to being a good doctor and qualified applicant than being an academic rockstar.

Honestly, it's hard to say and it's not worth worrying about either way because it's out of your hands at this point. All applications are judged by a large committee and any significant disagreement between interviewers is scrutinized very closely. If it helps, you never know what your interviewer values or comes away with. There have been times an applicant has complained to the committee about a particular interviewer and it turns out that interviewer gave a positive evaluation when the other did not. When I interview, I sometimes ask about academic performance to assess one thing or another, but I honestly don't much care much about your MCAT, GPA, or prior research as long as I'm not concerned you can pass your medical school classes. There's much more to being a good doctor and qualified applicant than being an academic rockstar.
This is really valuable insight! Thanks for sharing it with us.

How are TAMU interviews - I've interviewed at BCM, Long, and McGovern so how does TAMU compare? Are there any particular questions I should expect?

How are TAMU interviews - I've interviewed at BCM, Long, and McGovern so how does TAMU compare? Are there any particular questions I should expect?
Very chill and conversational. It was really evident that their interviewers spend the time to read your application and prepare for the interview. All the questions they asked were purposeful, reasonable, and relevant in my opinion. At the end of the day, the interview just felt like they were trying to get to know you and see if you could be a person they would enjoy working alongside someday. Be yourself and don't worry too much about their interview.

Folks that have interviewed at A&M, do you remember what the average Step 1 and 2 scores were from the infographic? Moderators, are we allowed to share that info? I would think so since it may be legally be open to the public, but the data exists nowhere except the panel presentation, so I want to be cautious about potentially asking folks to violate NDA rules of interview days. I'll reach out to A&M to get that info myself tomorrow, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here if it's not any sort of violation to share said info. Thanks ya'll!