2022-2023 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
complete 7/24. received the courtesy application update email today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Prob a dumb q but Does anyone know if they have sent any pre-ii rejections yet this cycle

I don't think it's a hold. I don't think it is anything other than them just being nicer than other schools and saying we have your application and we promise we will let you know something, we just don't want to leave you in silence.

Yeah I was just relieved it wasn’t a rejection lol

Members don't see this ad :)
complete 7/24. received the courtesy application update email today
+1, they mentioned letter of interests in the email... Do you guys think its worth to send one prior to receiving an actual II from them?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
+1, they mentioned letter of interests in the email... Do you guys think its worth to send one prior to receiving an actual II from them?
I was wondering the same thing. Would a letter of interest, including the completion of projected hours, be worth sending? I love SLU and want to show interest

Anyone else have a really short interview?
I had the opposite, my faculty interview was over an hour. I felt like it was mainly positive but I, of course, overthink if this was a good or bad sign. I feel like short is positive because it meant they didn’t have a lot of questions regarding your application. As in you had a crystal clear application.

I had the opposite, my faculty interview was over an hour. I felt like it was mainly positive but I, of course, overthink if this was a good or bad sign. I feel like short is positive because it meant they didn’t have a lot of questions regarding your application. As in you had a crystal clear application.
Interesting. My faculty interview was <20 minutes. Not complaining but not sure what to think of it really. Anyhow, good luck to you!

Is anyone else not able to access their portal?

Does anyone that interviewed on Sept 19th (or around then) remember when they said they’d get back to us about decisions? I thought I heard 4-6 weeks from then, but maybe I’m imagining things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone that interviewed on Sept 19th (or around then) remember when they said they’d get back to us about decisions? I thought I heard 4-6 weeks from then, but maybe I’m imagining things.
I just interviewed yesterday, but they did mention 4-6 weeks for us, so it’s probably the same for y’all.

Anyone have any idea how big a deal PREview is? I big time bombed that one..

Both the Casper and PREview seemed like hot garbage highly subjective to me anyways.. not sure what they actually tell schools other than adding another hurdle for people to overcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Mid August 2' complete - anxiously waiting/hoping for an II. I love st. Louis

Just wanna mention that my friend got accepted 10/17 here. It's interesting seeing no one else did

Shoooot, like Sept. 19th? That’s the day I interviewed. Are they IS or OOS? 😂
It was around then. He's OOS but also really competitive, so it's just possible they gave him an early A before most others

Any advice for the interview? Read over the other info on SDN just curious about advice from this application season

Any advice for the interview? Read over the other info on SDN just curious about advice from this application season
Both the faculty and student (if you have one) interviews were very relaxed! The faculty interviewer had reviewed my file well and mostly just asked me to expand on my experiences and it went the full hour. Know your app well and the culture of the school, you'll do great!

• Care
Both the faculty and student (if you have one) interviews were very relaxed! The faculty interviewer had reviewed my file well and mostly just asked me to expand on my experiences and it went the full hour. Know your app well and the culture of the school, you'll do great!

Okay perfect, thank you so much!!

• Care
Okay perfect, thank you so much!!
Second that. Student interview was more like MMI. for faculty interview they really read into your files (the person I interviewed with even mentioned my parents' occupation). so be prepared to explain and discuss anything in your app. Also they have a huge focus on service so be ready for that

Are there still a lot of interviews remaining to be offered? The page is kind of quiet, but we're in November already. I submitted end of July.

I am not speaking with certainty but they said they interview through February. So they likely have been through half of the interviews so far; maybe slightly more since the holiday season is coming up. I'd guess they've interviewed 60%. Again, this is pure speculation.

Wondering when they’re gonna send out the first “wave” of decisions :/ unless they already have?

• Hmm
Just got the A over email!! Interviewed 9/27

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those who interviewed, when did you have to submit the pre-interview update document? Is there a specific deadline (like 5 days beforehand) or is it just anytime before the interview?

I got acceptance email at 10:07am today!

OOS, submitted secondary 08/07, II 09/02, and Interview date 09/26!
(i hope the dates help lol)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here February last year (invite sent in January for people still waiting for II this year) was put on the alternate list until the day classes began.
Reapplicant and interviewed again 9/26, received my alternate list update ~11:30am EST

Devastated does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling...

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Man I've got offers from DO schools wanting deposits in December, if I don't here from SLU soon idk if I'd even bother interviewing if they offered it, which would be a shame since I got waitlisted last year.

• Okay...
Interviewed here February last year (invite sent in January for people still waiting for II this year) was put on the alternate list until the day classes began.
Reapplicant and interviewed again 9/26, received my alternate list update ~11:30am EST

Devastated does not even begin to describe how I'm feeling...
I can’t even fathom what you are going through. If I can extend some optimism, look at how early you got an interview compared to last year! I know this process is brutal and it is crushing to face this twice in a row, but clearly you have made some serious growth as a person and in your application. While stinging, I have a feeling there’s an A for you somewhere within this cycle. Keep updating this school, emphasize what you have done as a reapplicant to grow as a person. It is not over until it is over.
My naive advice- wow them with your resilience. If you have time, spearhead a new volunteering project to take your mind off of the toxicity of the cycle, put your goals into perspective, and have a meaningful narrative in an update for the school. And lastly, be extremely proud of yourself.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who interviewed, when did you have to submit the pre-interview update document? Is there a specific deadline (like 5 days beforehand) or is it just anytime before the interview?
It wasn’t specified so probably any time, but I think up to 24 hours before would be a good guideline

A @8am via email. interviewed 9/26. Congrats to everyone holding an A. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Does SLU usually do weekly decision releases? Monthly? Random?

Does SLU usually do weekly decision releases? Monthly? Random?
During my interview, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back about a decision and I heard back near the end of week 6. Got that phat waittlisssssttt lolll

• Care
Reactions: 2 users