2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
worth applying if i have an mcat of 499?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
One is in the Denver suburbs, so urban and mountains, the other is outside of St. George, so more rural and desert. Both schools have the same curriculum, same schedule, take the classes with the same professors and take the same exam. The clubs and on campus events will obviously be different. Colorado is more established and has had many years of great board scores and matches. Utah has only graduated 2 classes and the first one didn't go so well. Colorado rotations seem to be descent and 75% are in Denver/CO Springs. Utah rotations seem to be more spread out. They also seem to rotate at smaller hospitals and less with residents.

Not sure if its changed but I think you can select a preference and then can also select to be considered for the other campus. I think you can also select no preference, but I wouldn't recommend that.
I know that it has been a while since you posted it, but I have a strange question. When you say that they "the same professors," what do you mean? I only ask, because I have a friend that went through PA school and the school she went to opened a new satellite campus her year and that campus had videos that were recorded from the main campus as their lectures. Is that the way the Utah campus is set up, or do they have their own professors? Thanks in advance.

I know that it has been a while since you posted it, but I have a strange question. When you say that they "the same professors," what do you mean? I only ask, because I have a friend that went through PA school and the school she went to opened a new satellite campus her year and that campus had videos that were recorded from the main campus as their lectures. Is that the way the Utah campus is set up, or do they have their own professors? Thanks in advance.
Its basically that, but there are professors on both campuses. If I had to guess id say its 60/40 CO-UT, which is also about same ratio as their class size. We started during the pandemic so my class had almost all zoom lectures, which were presented to both campuses at the same time and also recorded. Since it was zoom it didnt matter where the professor was presenting from. We also had video lectures too (which I preferred). We had one professor do live in person lectures. Utah had a live stream to their lecture hall. You'll end up watching the recorded lectures anyway, probably. Obviously have different doctors for in person labs.

anyone been marked complete yet?

Anyone get fee waiver to go through?

Not sure if this means anything but I think my portal message thing changed? It was "Your Application is in Review," but now it is "Hello DoctoOcto." Maybe this means they're done reviewing and sending out II soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this means anything but I think my portal message thing changed? It was "Your Application is in Review," but now it is "Hello DoctoOcto." Maybe this means they're done reviewing and sending out II soon?
Mine also says the same

Same

+1

Oop mine doesn’t say that still in review

Do you guys mean the home page of the personalized website they sent us?

Does the fact that is says hello signify anything?

I am so confused. I keep getting notifications , but I go to the site and I have no idea where to do it. I just see:
"
We appreciate you taking the time to submit your supplemental application for RVU’s program. We will be in touch to let you know if further information is required to complete your file. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications and accomplishments.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the RVU Office of Admissions:

We’ll let you know if any additional information or paperwork is needed to process your application."

what type of notifications?
I am so confused. I keep getting notifications , but I go to the site and I have no idea where to do it. I just see:
"
We appreciate you taking the time to submit your supplemental application for RVU’s program. We will be in touch to let you know if further information is required to complete your file. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications and accomplishments.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the RVU Office of Admissions:

We’ll let you know if any additional information or paperwork is needed to process your application."

Ok I found it and submitted. This site is so confusing. Still states incomplete so hopefully that gets changed soon

Any updates? On previous year forums they are setting out II by now

Randomly checked my portal.... they have now updated the portal to include a checklist for material they need... and have marked my application complete and in line for review.

Randomly checked my portal.... they have now updated the portal to include a checklist for material they need... and have marked my application complete and in line for review.

Hmm I don’t see a checklist. Is that on the home page?

Yes, its on the right hand side with letter of recommendations checked off and under it says 100% complete

Dumb question, but does RVUCOM-Co require a LOR from a physician? Choose DO Explorer says no, but the website says yes.

Dumb question, but does RVUCOM-Co require a LOR from a physician? Choose DO Explorer says no, but the website says yes.
they require a healthcare provider. This could be anyone like a nurse, ems supervisor, PA, etc.

A physician is preferred, but not required.

Mine says 0% complete even though I did turn in my secondary (7/25) and my letters (back in June with my primary). Anyone else in the same boat?

Mine says 0% complete even though I did turn in my secondary (7/25) and my letters (back in June with my primary). Anyone else in the same boat?
I am at 25% still waiting for my letter packed to go through or something. not sure how long this could take.

How long did it take you guys to receive the secondary for this program after your primary was submitted and verified?

How long did it take you guys to receive the secondary for this program after your primary was submitted and verified?
Submitted Primary 6/23, Verified 6/27, Secondary received 7/26

Check your portals! I wasn’t emailed but I got an interview invite on the portal.