2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is attendance mandatory here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is attendance mandatory here?
For our "core classes" no, but attendance is mandatory for OMM Lab (or really just about any lab), Critical Reasoning in Basic Sciences, Primary Care Skills, Interprofessional Education, and Medical Humanities. However, Interprofessional Education and Medical Humanities are usually only 2-3 times a term and virtual.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late in the cycle to apply here? I just realized I only applied to PA campus. Thanks in advance!

Is it too late in the cycle to apply here? I just realized I only applied to PA campus. Thanks in advance!
i think the class size is only 60. not sure if that changes your perspective

I would still apply!!! It's definitely not too late considering they interview all the way out until the spring. Sometimes folks don't even get interview invites until March. The class size is small, but in last year's data, they interviewed almost 300 students and they tend to have a lot of waitlist movement.

Personally, I'd apply to all three campuses if you can. You never know who may choose to give you chance. I applied to all three and South Ga was the only one to interview me.

Reactions: 2 users
I would still apply!!! It's definitely not too late considering they interview all the way out until the spring. Sometimes folks don't even get interview invites until March. The class size is small, but in last year's data, they interviewed almost 300 students and they tend to have a lot of waitlist movement.

Personally, I'd apply to all three campuses if you can. You never know who may choose to give you chance. I applied to all three and South Ga was the only one to interview me.
Oh wow I did not know that! Thanks for the insight :) I might shoot my shot then…300 interviews is decent odds 🤔

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow I did not know that! Thanks for the insight :) I might shoot my shot then…300 interviews is decent odds 🤔
No problem at all! I think all campuses should have their data posted as well for the 2021-2022 cycle in terms of class size, the number of applications received, and the number of interview invites sent out.

Anyone completed in late Sept or October hear anything yet? Still hoping for an II!

Is there anyone that has gone through the interview process that has any tips or that attends here already?

Does anyone have any tips or can describe their experience of an in person interview date that they had? Thanks!

That’s awesome! When were you marked complete/all things fully sent in your portal? And when did you receive a II? If you don’t mind me asking
I was complete by the end or August. I got my interview invite on September 20th and I interviewed on October 24th. Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon

• Care
Withdrew my seat for one of you future doctors! Best of luck everyone

II today! Complete 9/26. Scheduled in person interview for 12/19. I'm in-state as well :)

• Love
Need some insight into what the interview was like! Mine is coming up. Want to be prepared as possible

II just now! Pleasantly caught me by surprise. :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist today. Anyone know what waitlist movement is like for this school?

Any current PCOM students I could message?

When does PCOM term start. Is it in June

Recently interviewed at Georgia location. Worth submitting an app to South Georgia now? (last day to submit primary is 2/1)

Interviewed 12/13, Waitlisted yesterday.:(
Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like for this school?

Recently interviewed at Georgia location. Worth submitting an app to South Georgia now? (last day to submit primary is 2/1)
I would submit it! Some students have received interviews on more than one campus.