2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah i mean i just know a few people have gotten scholarship emails. Will all accepted students be receiving this? If not, how common is it?
From the scholarship email I received, it doesn't seem like it's given to all students?

"OUWB scholarships are awarded to select applicants in recognition of their academic excellence, personal attributes, commitment to serving others and the medical profession, and strongly aligning with the mission and values of OUWB, as well as other factors. You have been selected from a very competitive pool of admitted students and should be proud of your accomplishments."

I submitted my FAFSA on 11/18. Received the OUWB FAFSA email on 11/29. Received scholarship on 12/21. Roughly a month turnaround for me but I'm sure it could be different for everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
From the scholarship email I received, it doesn't seem like it's given to all students?

"OUWB scholarships are awarded to select applicants in recognition of their academic excellence, personal attributes, commitment to serving others and the medical profession, and strongly aligning with the mission and values of OUWB, as well as other factors. You have been selected from a very competitive pool of admitted students and should be proud of your accomplishments."

I submitted my FAFSA on 11/18. Received the OUWB FAFSA email on 11/29. Received scholarship on 12/21. Roughly a month turnaround for me but I'm sure it could be different for everyone.
I received the same

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today! Interviewed 12/2. So excited to be going here—withdrawing all my other apps!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does OUWB offer tours for accepted students?

They have accepted student tours in April according to Dean Dan on the FB page.
How long did it take for them to accept your request to join the group. I sent the request since December 17th and I’m still waiting

How long did it take for them to accept your request to join the group. I sent the request since December 17th and I’m still waiting
Give it some time you’re not rly missing much, yet. Not many posts just a welcome from a couple students and dean dan. The only informational comment was the second look coming up

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also friend request Dean Dan Kallenberger (I'm sorry Dan if I spelled your last name wrong) but they can add you that way too

Has anyone done the call with financial aid? I missed mine and am going to call them back but am just curious what it entails.

Has anyone done the call with financial aid? I missed mine and am going to call them back but am just curious what it entails.
For me, they just gave a basic overview of how their financial aid system works and asked if I had any questions for them. Nothing serious!

pre II R. OOS completed late September

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do you automatically get placed on the waitlist if you don’t get accepted? Or does this school give post II rejections?

I rly just want to tour this school I don’t want to wait for second look in April :(

Do you automatically get placed on the waitlist if you don’t get accepted? Or does this school give post II rejections?
They have different tiered waitlist and I believe if you’re placed on the lower tier it is considered a rejection. The school will inform you immediately if you are on the lower tier so you can plan accordingly. The top 2 tiers are informed of their placement later in the cycle I think.

They have different tiered waitlist and I believe if you’re placed on the lower tier it is considered a rejection. The school will inform you immediately if you are on the lower tier so you can plan accordingly. The top 2 tiers are informed of their placement later in the cycle I think.
I didn’t know they let you know if you were on the third tier right away. I thought they didn’t give any of that information until mid-April at which point it is divided into 2 tiers and you are notified which tier you are on.
It would nice if they told you off bat if you were on tier 3 or not.

I didn’t know they let you know if you were on the third tier right away. I thought they didn’t give any of that information until mid-April at which point it is divided into 2 tiers and you are notified which tier you are on.
It would nice if they told you off bat if you were on tier 3 or

They told us that they inform 3rd tier right away because so far they’ve never pulled someone from the 3rd tier

when did they say they would get back to dec 15th interviewers; my internet cut when they mentioned that! thank you

Do any of you know if it is okay if someone didn't hear back when other people from the same interview date did?

Do any of you know if it is okay if someone didn't hear back when other people from the same interview date did?
So from what I've seen in this year's thread and last year's thread, OUWB would send out a pre-II R without ghosting you for no reason. If you haven't heard back yet, that means you're still being considered. I'm wishing you the best and that you hear good news from both here and the other schools you've applied to!

So from what I've seen in this year's thread and last year's thread, OUWB would send out a pre-II R without ghosting you for no reason. If you haven't heard back yet, that means you're still being considered. I'm wishing you the best and that you hear good news from both here and the other schools you've applied to!
They are saying other people from when they interviewed have heard back from OUWB but they haven’t yet. It’s perfectly cool, when I got accepted to OUWB people from before my interview date, my interview date, and after my interview date heard back fiest. Not sure what the order is

I’m praying to hear something good but have any pre II Rs gone out for here yet? It’s already January and all the waiting is so unnerving

They are saying other people from when they interviewed have heard back from OUWB but they haven’t yet. It’s perfectly cool, when I got accepted to OUWB people from before my interview date, my interview date, and after my interview date heard back fiest. Not sure what the order is
I'll need to update the prescription of my glasses now :rofl:

• Haha
Is the diversity panel the night before the interview truly optional? I can’t go because of work and I don’t want to hurt my chances of getting in.

Is the diversity panel the night before the interview truly optional? I can’t go because of work and I don’t want to hurt my chances of getting in.

I didn’t go and I was accepted. I think it is truly optional, I wouldn’t sweat it

I didn't go and I got accepted in the first wave. I did let the admissions office know beforehand though.

Last edited:
Anyone else IS complete mid-August and heard nothing back yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Have any accepted students received scholarship offers recently?

I’m so antsy, this is my top choice but cost is a big deterrent.