2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did they ask you? Also, do you mind sharing when you were marked complete?
I was complete 7/25 and they sent me this:

"Please let me know the names of the professors that wrote your letters of recommendation and the course numbers for the courses they taught you for your 2 required science courses. Science courses are classified as biology, chemistry or physics."

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete 7/25 and they sent me this:

"Please let me know the names of the professors that wrote your letters of recommendation and the course numbers for the courses they taught you for your 2 required science courses. Science courses are classified as biology, chemistry or physics."
Just guessing, but maybe they don’t consider physiology to be biology?

I also got that LOR email. Not sure why, I have letters from two bio professors ….

Members don't see this ad :)
I have had the same problem in the past but with a letter from my major, if you can get in contact with them they are good about working it out

I got an email about LOR faculty and what class they taught me in. One of my prof taught me in bio and the other is human phys prof that facilitated my thesis (which was credited in a class for my GPA hours) but after re-reading the guidelines will my research prof letter count under their definition of science faculty?

I got an email about LOR faculty and what class they taught me in. One of my prof taught me in bio and the other is human phys prof that facilitated my thesis (which was credited in a class for my GPA hours) but after re-reading the guidelines will my research prof letter count under their definition of science faculty?
You should be fine, I got that email and am in a similar situation except my PI is an ecology professor and they said I’m good to go yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received just now!

LM: ~70 (non-traditional) / 3rd quartile Casper

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
International (Canadian) II just now!!!

Complete 6/26, LM ~ 72, 4Q casper

first II... freaking!!!!!

edit: I submitted 6/26, was complete 8/3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol does NYMC ghost applicants? I was complete on 7/5.

Does NYMC send out an 'app complete' confirmation email? Don't think I got one... Do I email?

Does NYMC send out an 'app complete' confirmation email? Don't think I got one... Do I email?
they do, it took me almost 5 weeks before i received it yesterday though i think they say wait 4-6 weeks and if it's been over that then reach out

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys how long did it take to receive a secondary here?

Quick questions guys. My LM is a 63, MCAT 505 and GPA 3.4, URM, IS. Has anyone with similar stats gotten an II? I was complete on 6/29.

lol does NYMC ghost applicants? I was complete on 7/5.

Pretty much. The "nicer" schools give up periodic generic updates. Many school you get like one or two generic updates like your app is completed and is in review. And then you'll only hear from them if you get an invite or a rejection. Some schools don't even bother sending out rejections till the bitter end. So you can go for months without hearing anything.

In my cycle, I heard from NYMC in August that my app was completed. Then nothing till the rejection in April.

Pretty much. The "nicer" schools give up periodic generic updates. Many school you get like one or two generic updates like your app is completed and is in review. And then you'll only hear from them if you get an invite or a rejection. Some schools don't even bother sending out rejections till the bitter end. So you can go for months without hearing anything.

In my cycle, I heard from NYMC in August that my app was completed. Then nothing till the rejection in April.
SMH. Guess I will be waiting for rejection in April. And their dumb secondary was $130 asking about covid question. At least update your applicants throughout the cycle.

II today! I selected my date and hit submit but never received a confirmation of the date and when I go back in the portal it lets me pick dates again. Anyone had the same issue or should I email?

• Love
II today! I selected my date and hit submit but never received a confirmation of the date and when I go back in the portal it lets me pick dates again. Anyone had the same issue or should I email?

+1 I screenshotted the date I picked but the website doesn't let me pick again, I said thank you for confirming your date. I haven't received any confirmation email or anything tho

Edit: Completed 07/14 IS
2nd Quartile Casper
LM: 74.9

Last edited:
II received 9/1, 515 MCAT, 3.89 cGPA, 3.91 sGPA, 1Q CASPER (yikes), complete 6/29

II received! UG GPA 3.53, SMP GPA 3.90; MCAT 518; Casper 1stQ (lmao); complete 7/6. ORM (but LGBT, if that means anything)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
+1 I screenshotted the date I picked but the website doesn't let me pick again, I said thank you for confirming your date. I haven't received any confirmation email or anything tho

Edit: Completed 07/14 IS
2nd Quartile Casper
LM: 74.9
Ty!! Ended up having to do it again and then got the thank you for scheduling message.

1662062176657.png

Also, I just wanted to mention that I accidently clicked yes several months ago to this question. So don't think that you won't get a II if you select yes. BTW I'm emailing admissions right now to clear this up.

Quick questions guys. My LM is a 63, MCAT 505 and GPA 3.4, URM, IS. Has anyone with similar stats gotten an II? I was complete on 6/29.
I want to know the same thing too.
Been following the thread and haven't seen anyone around those stats get an II yet (unless I missed it)

I want to know the same thing too.
Been following the thread and haven't seen anyone around those stats get an II yet (unless I missed it)

+1 but 503 3.84 and orm. This is my #1 school.

Anyone get the email about LOR clarification and not have the required letters and still get marked as complete?

has anyone done the interview yet

For people who received the LOR clarification email, how long did it take to be marked complete after your response?

anyone complete late June still silent or get an interview lately?? really love this school but getting nervous about this silence

Reactions: 6 users