2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I added HOWARD on my primary app today. After resubmitting my app, AMCAS said "Your application was submitted successfully. However, the application deadline for the following medical school program has passed" . Does anyone know what deadline AMCAS is referring to?

Members don't see this ad.

So I added HOWARD on my primary app today. After resubmitting my app, AMCAS said "Your application was submitted successfully. However, the application deadline for the following medical school program has passed" . Does anyone know what deadline AMCAS is referring to?

I’m not sure, the primary app deadline is December 15. Call the admissions office to confirm what that message means.

Reactions: 1 users
Were you ED for the other schools you applied to? Maybe that's the deadline it's talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here still waiting to get Secondary from Howard? I was verified on September 7 and still waiting to receive the secondary email.

If I’m correct looking at last years thread. I believe 2nd batch of II should come today.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully some good news this week lol!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email that said, “We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine.” But not an interview invite, is it like a soft R?

I received an email that said, “We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine.” But not an interview invite, is it like a soft R?
I got that email a couple weeks ago. I just assumed it was a confirm? maybe?

Just a confirmation they send that to everyone

Does anyone remember the rules for casper prior to getting an interview? Does it have to be completed before an interview invite can be sent? I think they mentioned something like that during the last First Friday if anyone remembers by chance.

I submitted yesterday. Hope I get some eyes looking

Submitted my AMCAS application this morning, I got my secondary a little before noon, and submitted it about an hour ago. Praying we hear back soon!

I haven’t heard anything lol, in the thread people were getting interviews around 11:32 ET lol

So ima give it like a 1 hour before I go to sleep hahahaha

I haven’t heard anything lol, in the thread people were getting interviews around 11:32 ET lol
Wow! How cool! I only applied today, but I'll be waiting up to see how things turn out for you guys.

I got the Secondary acknowledgment letter so I guess they are looking.

I really like how this school wants people who are socioeconomically disadvantaged (like myself). I like their reasoning.

Who has gotten interviews recently? My application has been completed since mid August

Nothing yet. But Im pretty sure we should hear something this week fs

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a vague and confusing email from them. "We have received and reviewed your AMCAS primary and Secondary applications for admission," followed by reminders of letter and prereq requirements. Not an invite, not telling me I am missing a letter or prereq. Anyone got the same message and is wondering what the point of this email? Does that mean I am on hold because they finished reviewing my secondary but is not sending me a II yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Just got a vague and confusing email from them. "We have received and reviewed your AMCAS primary and Secondary applications for admission," followed by reminders of letter and prereq requirements. Not an invite, not telling me I am missing a letter or prereq. Anyone got the same message and is wondering what the point of this email? Does that mean I am on hold because they finished reviewing my secondary but is not sending me a II yet?
It means they’ve reviewed your primary and secondary applications. If they were going to put you hold or reject you, they would say it.

I'm not sure, and I've never had a school confirm they reviewed my secondary without actually providing an official rejection, II, or hold.

When were you complete?

I'm not sure, and I've never had a school confirm they reviewed my secondary without actually providing an official rejection, II, or hold.

When were you complete?

I got the following on 7/19:

This acknowledgement email means that all of your current documents have been received and your file is currently under full review. Due to the volume of applications this could take 6-8 weeks for a full review.

I have not heard anything since…

I got the following on 7/19:

This acknowledgement email means that all of your current documents have been received and your file is currently under full review. Due to the volume of applications this could take 6-8 weeks for a full review.

I have not heard anything since…
Well you're past the 8 week mark. Maybe send an email asking for a status? I don't know how they feel about those type of inquiries. Some schools are ok with it, some find it annoying. I think you're completely justified in asking at this point.

Well you're past the 8 week mark. Maybe send an email asking for a status? I don't know how they feel about those type of inquiries. Some schools are ok with it, some find it annoying. I think you're completely justified in asking at this point.

the email is normal for this school. they send it to all applicants

the email is normal for this school. they send it to all applicants
Yeah, its not the email, its the fact that she hasn't received a status update in spite of receiving it 2 months ago. According to the email, she should know by now if she will be interviewed.

Yeah, its not the email, its the fact that she hasn't received a status update in spite of receiving it 2 months ago. According to the email, she should know by now if she will be interviewed.
It doesn’t always work out that way. It may be months until they hear something.

Coming from a 3x reapplicant , if you guys reading into every little detail and fret, it will be a long and tiresome application season. Howard will specifically state if you have an II, A, or R. The only holds they do are WL, not hold for interview. Just breathe and be patient.

Reactions: 12 users

if you check last years thread you’ll see that there’s ppl that received that email months before they got the actual interview. so it’s not uncommon.

When were you complete?
The complete email came on 8/22, but the last letter was delivered on 9/1. It just surprised me that they would confirm finished reviewing secondaries but no further notification... I will be patient and wait then...

We should hear soon though just got to be patient!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you mean that you got the amcas reviewed email on the 25th? before you got the II today?

Do you mean that you got the amcas reviewed email on the 25th? before you got the II today?
No I submitted my secondary on 8/25 which was the last thing I needed to be complete. I got the amcas and secondary reviewed email on 9/19 and got the interview invite today.