2022-2023 Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey yall for those who got an II. Did they tell yall that " CDU invites you to take the next step in your application" and then you checked your portal to see the Interview Invite. Because my friend got that and Im just wondering if its all the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey yall for those who got an II. Did they tell yall that " CDU invites you to take the next step in your application" and then you checked your portal to see the Interview Invite. Because my friend got that and Im just wondering if its all the same.
yes, but soon followed with an actual II email.

Reactions: 1 users
I got this as well but I didn’t get a secondary. Does meaning something or?

Members don't see this ad :)
No I don’t think so. I was just saying for when you got the interview!

I submitted the first day and still haven't received a secondary. I'm guessing I was screened out? :(

You could email them to get a status update of some sort. It wouldn't hurt^^

How long after submitting your secondary did those of you with II receive them?

You could email them to get a status update of some sort. It wouldn't hurt^^
I wouldn't recommend that since they're doing a holistic review of primary apps and made that known on their website. According to medicalschoolhq (who I recommend everyone to check out), bugging them might turn them off. I would wait on it and just assume that if you haven't heard back by May 2023, you've been screened out. And that's OK. There are other schools that will see your value and fit!
I also haven't received a secondary yet :/ but it's cool. Great program but CA is too far from family so maybe it's fate :')

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry has anyone received a pre II- R after submitting the secondary, because my friend recieved one recently?? I didnt know they send these, I assume if you got a secondary you have a good chance of getting the Interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if of any accepted students to CDU/UCLA that did not receive a secondary for regular UCLA/Geffen?

Yea it’s possible. I know some people who have. They are two different programs both are holistically, but CDU is more mission driven and big on servicing underserved community.

Anyone know when the next round of interview will come out.

Has anyone gotten the email with interview details for this Saturday? I got an email about the pre-interview social, but haven’t had any from the admissions team with the actual interview details (I.e. zoom link, schedule, type of interview, etc.).

I sent them an email last Friday asking about it and they said they were preparing to send additional details, but since it’s two days away I want to make sure I didn’t miss it?

• Hmm
Has anyone gotten the email with interview details for this Saturday? I got an email about the pre-interview social, but haven’t had any from the admissions team with the actual interview details (I.e. zoom link, schedule, type of interview, etc.).

I sent them an email last Friday asking about it and they said they were preparing to send additional details, but since it’s two days away I want to make sure I didn’t miss it?
nada

I just got info on it. I didn't know Kira also had live sessions in addition to recorded. At least that's what I think we're doing? This is new for me lol

I just got info on it. I didn't know Kira also had live sessions in addition to recorded. At least that's what I think we're doing? This is new for me lol
I'm sorry but Kira talent? I know WashU is using Kira but I haven't seen anything from Drew, either on their portal or email communications.

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! Y’all are amazing, you deserve this, and you’re gonna crush it!!

still waiting on a secondary. Do they send actual R emails pre-secondary? Like if they screen and deem you uncompetitive, will they let you know right away? anyone who's received a pre-secondary R yet?

still waiting on a secondary. Do they send actual R emails pre-secondary? Like if they screen and deem you uncompetitive, will they let you know right away? anyone who's received a pre-secondary R yet?
I haven’t but I’m still waiting. I emailed them a few weeks ago because someone on here got a secondary after emailing them but I still didn’t get a secondary.

^ Congrats!!! What time did you recieve it and you were complete on July 30 or 23?

Is the interview traditional or MMI?

There’s three parts to the interview: 4 MMI questions, then a ~20 minute traditional interview which is with your first MMI interviewer, and then a group interview.

I wouldn't say so, just keep the faith. They review secondaries holistically and from last year threads it took a month plus to recieve, even reaching up to 2 months.

I received links this morning, but they’ve all got some conflicting date and times. I was wondering if other people received them, too.

I received links this morning, but they’ve all got some conflicting date and times. I was wondering if other people received them, too.
Yup. Was gonna call admissions but I figure it's just a wrong date.

^^ Im also wondering that too. Does anyone here have any insight on how II works and how frequent they are because looking at threads from lasty cycle is confusing. So it generally takes 2 months to recieve a II? For those who have interviewed can yall give us insight on how the II and admissions proccess works.

Has anyone with a less than 500 got a secondary?

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!! You are all amazing and wholeheartedly deserve this. You’re gonna crush it!