2021-2022 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Holy s*** just got an II! OOS complete early July

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from here. GL to all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew from here. GL to all!
bruh your signature said you had 1 Acceptance, and I thought UVA was that acceptance so I was hella confused when u said "withdrew" lol

Got an II today, also IS and complete in July.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My apologies if this has already been asked somewhere else in the thread. For everyone who has gotten an II here, were you also sent an email from SNMA to meet with a minority student as a virtual host the night before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
My first A; interviewed yesterday!!! Literally screaming and throwing up rn. Update on portal / received an email. This process has been so gruelling. Please be kind to yourselves and good luck everyone else <3

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
A this morning! Very excited as this is one of my top choices. Love the turnaround time

• Love
IS II earlier today! LM 77.5 URM. Super pumped!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if they accept grade updates?

This is kind of random but has anyone had trouble with their emails going through to the admissions contact email? I've been receiving emails from them but I was just on the phone with them and my last two emails never went through. Also, does anyone know if you can change your email in the portal after you submit your secondary?

This is kind of random but has anyone had trouble with their emails going through to the admissions contact email? I've been receiving emails from them but I was just on the phone with them and my last two emails never went through. Also, does anyone know if you can change your email in the portal after you submit your secondary?
Most schools will tell you that contact information changes need to go through AMCAS. This makes sense, since it both makes it easier for you and ensures all schools have the same information.

When does the "Web Interview" tab become visible? I received my II about a week ago but I don't have a "web interview" tab. I also don't see the user agreement anywhere for me to sign.

When does the "Web Interview" tab become visible? I received my II about a week ago but I don't have a "web interview" tab. I also don't see the user agreement anywhere for me to sign.
I could be wrong, but I think these didn't pop up until the day(s?) just prior to the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UVA is hosting a 2nd look day in Spring or offering on campus tours?

Does anyone know if UVA is hosting a 2nd look day in Spring or offering on campus tours?
Yep, there is going to be a second look during one of the Saturdays in March (I forgot the exact day)!

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone uva alum and not heard back since submitting secondary:(

Reactions: 1 users
To those who interviewed and didn’t get the A that Friday… are you just not getting any email, or assuming WL?

For those of you who have interviewed, have any of you met with a student host the day before your interview? If so, what is the dress code for that?

Just got an II!!!!! OOS, complete mid-July, sent an update late November

EDIT: Very end of January + first week of February are available

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II invite yesterday, complete in mid-July. Super surprised but excited!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Just accepted now over email!! I interviewed this week. One of my top choices for sure!

• Love
Accepted via email this morning! My top choice! So excited!

• Love
Accepted today after interviewing on Wednesday. Beyond excited!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to double post but does anyone know of a groupme or facebook group for admitted students?

Hi thou who shall not be quoted,

I believe mine showed up ~6 days before my interview.

Sorry to double post but does anyone know of a groupme or facebook group for admitted students?
I was looking for one too but doesn't seem to be anything right now. Seems like past years the alumni make a FB group in like mid february, but idk about this year. One of us could make a groupme too idk tho....

I was looking for one too but doesn't seem to be anything right now. Seems like past years the alumni make a FB group in like mid february, but idk about this year. One of us could make a groupme too idk tho....
Yeah housing availability is rough in Charlottesville so I was hoping on looking for roommate(s) soon

I just received an II yesterday as an OOS applicant. I see that the post-II acceptance rate is so high here. Does that tend to apply to people interviewing this late in the cycle?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I just received an II yesterday as an OOS applicant. I see that the post-II acceptance rate is so high here. Does that tend to apply to people interviewing this late in the cycle?
That post II acceptance is using aggregate data across the cycle. So even if the acceptance rate is "higher" earlier in the cycle it is still remarkbly high at the end of the cycle compared to other schools. You got this. Good luck with the interview!