2021-2022 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am Canadian, got II waitlisted.
Yeah, wondering if they're placing all int'ls and Canadians in the II WL first...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II waitlist today 3.5/512, submitted on 7/29. but the strange thing is my letters weren't sent yet....

Members don't see this ad :)
II waitlisted today, I'll take that over a rejection any day.

MD/PhD II received! Second quartile casper btw

Reactions: 1 user
Interview waitlisted :/
neighboring state, 2nd quartile casper, 3.4, 512

OOS MD/PhD pre II waitlist today. No ties but strong mission/research fit. 3.6 gpa 515 mcat. Complete on 08/23/2021 (thanks committee letter). Pretty bummed. These guys were my top choice 😭

Does anyone know if early admission applicants are basically in unless they absolutely bomb the interview? Just trying to estimate how many seats may be left after early admission

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, I see that that gives a way to post updates. But where does it say status of where I am in the cycle? Like whether a committee is looking at the application, or sub-committee, or if it's been rejected, etc
I don't think they do detailed status updates in the portal. If you click "view details" in the top left it gives a status that says "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully."

If you get an II you are notified by email and your portal shows the date/time of your interview. I assume if you are rejected you would also be notified by email first.

Anyone willing to comment on if they asked a lot of ethical or situational questions or pretty much just stuff off your primary and secondary?

Anyone willing to comment on if they asked a lot of ethical or situational questions or pretty much just stuff off your primary and secondary?
If it’s the same as last year I mostly got asked about my application and then about myself like why I wanna be a doctor etc etc. Not sure if things have changed

If it’s the same as last year I mostly got asked about my application and then about myself like why I wanna be a doctor etc etc. Not sure if things have changed
It was very chill! I was laughing the whole time. They asked about my primary application.

Pre-II R Today. Completed 9/6. OOS but neighboring state.

Got a II on 9/22. OOS but neighboring. First one so I'm happy

Last edited:
If we interviewed in September, will we be hearing decisions on October 15? I can't remember what they told us on interview day but I think WVU has a 1-week turnaround so.

If we interviewed in September, will we be hearing decisions on October 15? I can't remember what they told us on interview day but I think WVU has a 1-week turnaround so.
I interviewed early sept and was told we would hear oct 15

Waitlisted for II this morning. OOS complete 9/17.Sad but really appreciate the prompt response here.

Does anyone know if the school is notified if you upload an update to the portal? or is it just waiting there for if they ever go back to your application?

Does anyone know if the school is notified if you upload an update to the portal? or is it just waiting there for if they ever go back to your application?
They said at my interview that they get a notification anytime anything is submitted, and then they forward it to the correct people.

II today! First of the cycle, I'm so relieved T~T

Complete 9/28

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here today! Take my review w a grain of salt. A lot of ppl say this one is very low stress, but to me it was the most stressful interview I’ve had. This is my second time interviewing here and both times it was very high stress. Last time, and especially this this time, I was heavily and thoroughly grilled about my application— especially any negative discrepancies. Honestly it threw me for a loop and I was shaking and so nervous and I think it was the worst interview I’ve had to date haha. (I am still shaking as I am typing this) I hope no one shares the same sentiments, that was just my personal experience. I’ve always remembered hearing positive reviews and the general consensus that interview day here was not very stressful so maybe I was just unlucky. Good luck to all who are interviewing, I genuinely hope that I am the odd ball out and that you guys do not have this experience too. My advice is just be ready to fully explain anything that may be considered less than ideal on your application

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here today! Take my review w a grain of salt. A lot of ppl say this one is very low stress, but to me it was the most stressful interview I’ve had. This is my second time interviewing here and both times it was very high stress. Last time, and especially this this time, I was heavily and thoroughly grilled about my application— especially any negative discrepancies. Honestly it threw me for a loop and I was shaking and so nervous and I think it was the worst interview I’ve had to date haha. (I am still shaking as I am typing this) I hope no one shares the same sentiments, that was just my personal experience. I’ve always remembered hearing positive reviews and the general consensus that interview day here was not very stressful so maybe I was just unlucky. Good luck to all who are interviewing, I genuinely hope that I am the odd ball out and that you guys do not have this experience too. My advice is just be ready to fully explain anything that may be considered less than ideal on your application
To a lesser extent, I agree with you this one was a lot less conversational and felt more “interviewy” than any of my others. I have a buddy who also felt the same, seems to be a trend…

To a lesser extent, I agree with you this one was a lot less conversational and felt more “interviewy” than any of my others. I have a buddy who also felt the same, seems to be a trend…
Ok I’m glad to hear it not being conversational seems like a trend. I thought maybe they just hated me or something LOL

Anyone come off the II-waitlist yet?

Got the call this morning! Accepted! I started crying at work!💛💙

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the the acceptance call!!! Couldn’t be happier. Interviewed 10/9, OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A email!! Had a missed call about an hour ago from WVU so I'm guessing I know what that was.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed mid Sept and silence so far today.

OOS so expecting a WL or R tbh :shrug:

Is there anyone that was expecting to hear back today that hasn’t heard anything??

If we didn’t get the call this morning it’s probably a safe bet we’re all mostly waitlisted. Trying to stay optimistic but also trying to keep it real y’all

Is there anyone that was expecting to hear back today that hasn’t heard anything??
I was hoping to! Could have sworn that admissions told me I’d hear by today. Interviewed Sept. 25.

If we didn’t get the call this morning it’s probably a safe bet we’re all mostly waitlisted. Trying to stay optimistic but also trying to keep it real y’all
that's what last year's thread looked like. 10-11am were acceptance calls while 3-4pm were WL

although it's already 5 est so wonder what's up ?

Waitlist it is. Anyone know about waitlist movement here?

WL OOS LM 70 interviewed mid Sept. notified of portal update via email

Edit: for future readers, I ended up getting the A off the WL in late April (page 8) with no ties or updates so don't let the WL kill your mojo! Put your best foot forward on factors you can control (applying early, interview, professionalism, etc) and everything will fall into place.

Last edited:
  • Care