2021-2022 UTMB, Galveston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II recieved! Complete 6/3

Reactions: 1 users
II recieved at 3:02 CST today! I'm over the moon!

Stats: IS, 507, 3.85 GPA, 3.61 sGPA, completed 7/2/21.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got II's, if you don't want to personalize your stats by telling us directly on a forum, there is this tool on Reddit to track when schools are giving out II's and what stats, etc. they're giving them out to (helps us know if they're going by MCAT & GPA, or if they've started reading apps more in-depth)

If you feel like it:

II received 3:02 CST today!! In state, 504 MCAT, 3.97 cGPA, 3.94 sGPA, and completed 6/30
Edit: my primary was transmitted 5/25 and I was complete on 6/30. I was so excited when I wrote this that I originally wrote my complete date incorrectly haha

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! II received a few hours ago!

Stats: IS, 508, 3.93 GPA, 3.9 sGPA, completed 7/27/21 lol.

II as well, at 3:17pm CST! Complete 6/21

Last edited:
CONGRATS guys! For those who got interviews, did all of yall get a high Casper percentile? I also applied a month ago with decent stats but didn't hear back, wondering if maybe my low Casper quartile was holding me back. I know UTMB places some weight on Casper.

Go gettem during yalls interviews! :)

CONGRATS guys! For those who got interviews, did all of yall get a high Casper percentile? I also applied a month ago with decent stats but didn't hear back, wondering if maybe my low Casper quartile was holding me back. I know UTMB places some weight on Casper.

Go gettem during yalls interviews! :)
I had a high Casper but I sincerely doubt it plays a major role—hang in there!

Did they change the interview format? Was it always 8 MMI questions?

Received II on the 28th scheduled for August 20th. Reapplicant, IS, 3.84 cGPA, 513 MCAT, top casper quartile

Reactions: 3 users
Nope, the exact same actually
Good luck. I would have hoped someone with your stats would have made it in the first go around. Texas must be getting more competitive.

I wonder if they review OS applications along with IS applications?

For those that got II's, did any of yall not reply to question #2 on the secondary (hardship)? Wondering how literal the "if relevant" is...

For those that got II's, did any of yall not reply to question #2 on the secondary (hardship)? Wondering how literal the "if relevant" is...
I didn’t answer that question and still got an II. I genuinely think it’s optional (if you don’t have any major hardships).

I have the green checkmark next to my application being complete, but I never received a complete email? Did this happen to anyone else? It has been like this since mid-june.

I have the green checkmark next to my application being complete, but I never received a complete email? Did this happen to anyone else? It has been like this since mid-june.
That's weird, I just checked and did get a complete email from UTMB (was complete in mid-to-late June). I'd probably call tomorrow just to confirm that they're not missing anything

That's weird, I just checked and did get a complete email from UTMB (was complete in mid-to-late June). I'd probably call tomorrow just to confirm that they're not missing anything
Yeah thats so strange, I will call them tomorrow! Thanks!

Actually, I can see it in my email, the problem is I can't see it under the communication status tab in my portal. Are you able to see it in there?

How long did it take for people to be marked complete at this school? I submitted my secondary last week, but still don't have the complete check mark on the secondary portal.

How long did it take for people to be marked complete at this school? I submitted my secondary last week, but still don't have the complete check mark on the secondary portal.
Sorry for the late reply if you've already figured it out but mine was instant after my payment if that helps.

Is there not a night before the interview student panel this year?

For the personal MMI questions, do you have to answer the question for 8 minutes? If they ask "what motivated you to do medicine" does that response have to be 8 minutes long? Are you allowed to take notes in the 3 minutes of prep time?

For the personal MMI questions, do you have to answer the question for 8 minutes? If they ask "what motivated you to do medicine" does that response have to be 8 minutes long? Are you allowed to take notes in the 3 minutes of prep time?
Yes each station is 8 minutes & all the advice I’ve seen online says to answer with as much time as you need it’s ok not to use up the whole time just be thorough in your response

Yes each station is 8 minutes & all the advice I’ve seen online says to answer with as much time as you need it’s ok not to use up the whole time just be thorough in your response
Any clue on when OS students can expect IIs? Thanks.

Can anyone whos interviewing tomorrow see their interview time yet?