2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a HPWL email today. I know there is supposed WL movement here, but does anyone know if there is any acceptance off the waitlist prior to April? Not sure if I should be hopeful about a possible acceptance at meetings starting in January or if it will be silence until people start withdrawing their As.

Got a HPWL email today. I know there is supposed WL movement here, but does anyone know if there is any acceptance off the waitlist prior to April? Not sure if I should be hopeful about a possible acceptance at meetings starting in January or if it will be silence until people start withdrawing their As.
When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. IS, complete mid-august, LM 72. Earliest date was March 2nd, lol. Sent an update about 2 or 3 weeks ago!

Reactions: 1 user
December 1st…so pretty quick turnaround time. That’s what makes me wonder whether or not to be optimistic lol.
If they are going to still be interviewing in March, it seems unlikely that they would look at the HPWL before then. They do historically have decent WL movement, but it is unrealistic to expect it to happen until they are done interviewing and people drop enough As to get them below their target class size.

Since Jeff interviews into at least March, I wouldn't expect WL movement to begin until mid-April at the earliest, and, more likely, the beginning of May. No reason not to be optimistic about getting a call if you really want one. Also no reason to think it would happen before 4/30. A lot of people with both As and WLs will probably be dropping them and moving on between now and the end of April.

Last edited:
Do you think there will be a pause in decisions next week for the holidays?

They didn't give out decisions in the week preceding thanksgiving, so I would take that to be an indication that they would do the same for Chrsitmas week. Wouldn't be surprised about the week between xmas and NYE as well.

Application complete 7/2 and silence. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So does jefferson send out pre interview rejections? i havent heard anything from them but thinking it might be silent rejections. I have some new activities, should i send an update letter at this point?

So does jefferson send out pre interview rejections? i havent heard anything from them but thinking it might be silent rejections. I have some new activities, should i send an update letter at this point?
yes to both, they had a wave of rejections recently for pre interviews

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sent a 2nd update today b/c I really love this school. trying to manifest that II energy haha good luck to all those still interviewing/waiting on schools and happy new year! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Sent a 2nd update today b/c I really love this school. trying to manifest that II energy haha good luck to all those still interviewing/waiting on schools and happy new year! :)
Did you get an email response from them? Unsure if the office is open right now. Happy new year to you too!!!

I got an email response back to check on the portal that it has been updated. I saw in the communication status tab in my app portal there was a new title of update letter with today’s date.

I got an email response back to check on the portal that it has been updated. I saw in the communication status tab in my app portal there was a new title of update letter with today’s date.

Did you send it to the general admissions email or Dr. LoSasso?

I sent an update letter via email to both the general admissions email and Dr. LoSasso 2 weeks ago. Haven't received a response and thought it my be because of break. Should I follow up?
Did you check your portal communications? It will tell you if the letter was received or not. Maybe the email just didn’t get out to you

Did you check your portal communications? It will tell you if the letter was received or not. Maybe the email just didn’t get out to you
Just checked it thanks! Turned out it was received.

So I've sent 2 updates at this point. I got the portal comm for my second one, but when I sent my first one I never got the portal comm. Dr. LoSasso still confirmed via email that she got the update, and said she would let the adcom know back when I sent it in. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

So I've sent 2 updates at this point. I got the portal comm for my second one, but when I sent my first one I never got the portal comm. Dr. LoSasso still confirmed via email that she got the update, and said she would let the adcom know back when I sent it in. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
What exactly should it say in the portal comm once the update is received?

What exactly should it say in the portal comm once the update is received?
When you go to the portal communications, it should say "Update (date)". I sent my update on 1/3 so the portal said "Update 1/4", assuming that's when they added it to my application. You should also see a specific time it was added. You won't be able to see "details" so there's nothing to click on like there is for the emails you get from Jefferson. But I had no such thing for my first update back in October of last year so I'm confused as to whether it was added or not. Anyone else experiencing this?

When you go to the portal communications, it should say "Update (date)". I sent my update on 1/3 so the portal said "Update 1/4", assuming that's when they added it to my application. You should also see a specific time it was added. You won't be able to see "details" so there's nothing to click on like there is for the emails you get from Jefferson. But I had no such thing for my first update back in October of last year so I'm confused as to whether it was added or not. Anyone else experiencing this?
I sent an update and got an interview after and my portal has nothing about an update even though I got a response from the dean of admissions, so I wouldn't worry about it

I sent an update and got an interview after and my portal has nothing about an update even though I got a response from the dean of admissions, so I wouldn't worry about it
Fair enough, thanks!

Thank you. Mine says email received with the date, so I’m assuming they added the update, even if it doesn’t explicitly say “update”

Complete early august, update sent in October, haven't heard anything back since. Fingers crossed for some sort of news soon.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else concerned for this year’s WL movement? It looks like last year’s was practically nonexistent

Anyone else concerned for this year’s WL movement? It looks like last year’s was practically nonexistent
I think everyone on a WL (who isn't already sitting on a preferred A elsewhere) is concerned, every year, at every school! Except, of course, at the few schools that are transparent and let people know exactly where they are on the WL.

The fact remains, however, that things vary greatly from year to year and school to school. There really is nothing to be done but let things play out and see what happens.

I think everyone on a WL (who isn't already sitting on a preferred A elsewhere) is concerned, every year, at every school! Except, of course, at the few schools that are transparent and let people know exactly where they are on the WL.

The fact remains, however, that things vary greatly from year to year and school to school. There really is nothing to be done but let things play out and see what happens.
True. To add some context I'm referring to last year for Jeff everyone on HPWL was told not to worry because of the supposed high WL turnover that is "typical for Jeff" but in actuality that wasnt the case at all.

True. To add some context I'm referring to last year for Jeff everyone on HPWL was told not to worry because of the supposed high WL turnover that is "typical for Jeff" but in actuality that wasnt the case at all.
You're absolutely right. This is why everyone is concerned, every year, at every school!

When a school places someone on a HPWL while it is still interviewing people and still handing out As, it is telling them that while the school would love to have them in the class, they are not the school's first choice, and that they expect to meet people they will like more during the remainder of the interview season.

Given that reality, people should be concerned until they receive an A, no matter how much they are told not to worry.

Do you know if anyone has created a GroupMe?

I'm wondering the same thing! Should we maybe just do it?

I think last year the groupme was created by incoming students (class of 2025) so you can feel free to create one yourselves if you'd like! If you're at all hesitant, you could also reach out to admissions or something to confirm that it's okay. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

Can’t wait to get the R from this school. I love donating money to schools. Thanks for the nine months of silence! 🙏

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
Can’t wait to get the R from this school. I love donating money to schools. Thanks for the nine months of silence! 🙏
I'm not worried about rewriting essays and everything if I have to apply again, it's the thousands of dollars I have to spend. Thankful for these Zoom interviews saving me travel expenses.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if SKMC is planning any formal opportunities for accepted students to visit the campus?

Does anyone know if SKMC is planning any formal opportunities for accepted students to visit the campus?
If you are local (I live in Philly) you can schedule a small campus tour with the Jeff Ambassadors. I’m not sure about any larger formal events though.

Reactions: 1 users