2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So for this school, WL is different than alternate? Is one more preferable?
No there is no “WL. Alternate is the waItlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
also got the alternate email. i was never put on hold so i guess thats why it took so long to hear anything. interviewed 04/07

Members don't see this ad :)
alternate email as well. I really wonder if anyone got rejected

Also got the alternate list after being on hold since april 15th

truly happy to see everyone getting waitlisted but I was hoping there would be at least some differentiation😂

yeah, I really hope it isn't just a soft R

Have there been any acceptances in the past couple weeks? I was also put on the alternate list after being on hold.

Does anyone know if they will give us our rank on the alternate list? Or when they start pulling off.

Is it worth it to send letters of intent? Will that affect the waitlist rank? this is the only waitlist I’ve gotten, everything else are rejections :/

Is it worth it to send letters of intent? Will that affect the waitlist rank? this is the only waitlist I’ve gotten, everything else are rejections :/
i def would! it cant hurt

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the email about application reviews

Reactions: 3 users
I withdrew my A recently. I hope it goes to someone here!

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully this weekend, lots of folks with A's from UTHSC decided that they are going elsewhere. Good luck to all of the alternates!

I looked at the thread from last year and it looks like they didn’t start pulling from the alternates until the second and third week of May. So we may have to wait a while

Reactions: 1 users
best of luck to us! I really hope there is some huge movement. apparently waitlisting has been a much more common option ever since med schools can no longer see where else you have gotten into.

meaning, hopefully, a lot more people will choose to go elsewhere. I know my dream school is wherever accepts me, so hopefully that is UTHSC!

best of luck to us! I really hope there is some huge movement. apparently waitlisting has been a much more common option ever since med schools can no longer see where else you have gotten into.

meaning, hopefully, a lot more people will choose to go elsewhere. I know my dream school is wherever accepts me, so hopefully that is UTHSC!
Do you think that they will be able to see that we have been accepted somewhere else but they can't see which school it is?

I think that is right. I know that if you have been alternate waitlisted somewhere, they can see if you have PTE somewhere else, but I am not sure if they know the exact school.

I wonder if it will hurt my chances to get in here if I have an acceptance somewhere else. I've been considering writing a letter of intent just to show that if they do accept me then I'll take them over the other school. I like the other school a lot it's just SO much more expensive

I wonder if it will hurt my chances to get in here if I have an acceptance somewhere else. I've been considering writing a letter of intent just to show that if they do accept me then I'll take them over the other school. I like the other school a lot it's just SO much more expensive
dont think u have anything to lose in sending one

Does anyone know when they will start taking people off of the alternate list?

Poster above says last year movement started about two weeks after PTE deadline. I think the WL is unranked so the adcom has to reconvene to fill the slots that open up

Poster above says last year movement started about two weeks after PTE deadline. I think the WL is unranked so the adcom has to reconvene to fill the slots that open up
I think it is ranked, they just don't disclose the ranks.

What poster?

Does it look bad to schedule a reapplication advising appointment with the ADCOM as an alternate? I have no clue where I rank, and what to get some prospective advice if I were to not get in this cycle

Does it look bad to schedule a reapplication advising appointment with the ADCOM as an alternate? I have no clue where I rank, and what to get some prospective advice if I were to not get in this cycle
I don’t think so at all! I think it would show continued interest. Also during the meeting you could talk about how you are a continuing candidate but want to be ready to go just in case for next cycle- it shows determination.

I was an applicant this cycle, so not an expert but just my two cents!

Has anyone talked to the admissions office recently and found out any information on when alternates would start hearing back this cycle?

My portal still says my app is under review? I'm kind of assuming it's a rejection at this point but is anyone else in this boat/what do you guys think
🙋🏻‍♀️ It’s okay. Already accepted a spot, but this is the only school we heard ZERO from. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. Portal still says app under review, yet got an email last week that said they do advising for future / reapplications.

Just withdrew my acceptance here, so have your phone nearby! Hoping one of you deserving souls gets some good news soon.

Has anyone talked to the admissions office recently and found out any information on when alternates would start hearing back this cycle?
Who wants to be the sacrificial lamb

The facebook page is only at 129 so that's a good sign!

If they don’t ask who is calling I’ll call and ask about the waitlist movement

Reactions: 3 users
Received an acceptance call off the alternate list around 4 pm CT today!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off the alternate list at around 3pm central! Interviewed Feb 21

ahh!! So exciting!!! Congrats:) Do you guys mind sharing stats?

When you receive your NetID, is there anything else you have to do to accept?