2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone expecting news today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! Got the call, almost in tears - dream school l

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
for those with interviews, about how long after submitting secondaries did you receive the interview invite?

for those with interviews, about how long after submitting secondaries did you receive the interview invite?
I received/Submitted my secondary Sept 24th, and I received an II Oct 5th.

Best of luck to hearing about an II soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone here who interviewed willing to give out some tips and what their interview was like to an anxious soul? thanks guys

Is anyone here who interviewed willing to give out some tips and what their interview was like to an anxious soul? thanks guys
I know I sound like everyone else on SDN, but Quillen's interviews are intentionally unstructured so that you can just have an honest conversation with your interviewer and be yourself. Be able to answer the big questions: Why medicine? Why Quillen? But only if they come up. The easiest way to derail your interview is to shoehorn an answer to a question that wasn't asked. Which just reinforces my first point: Be genuine and have a conversation with your interviewer. Let them steer the conversation. Have a few questions prepared to ask them. Know what Quillen looks for in a student (this is all over their website) so you can know what makes you a good fit (assuming you are a good fit). People at this school really seem to love their community, too, so think about whether you'd be happy in Johnson City and why or why not. Be prepared to talk about this, too, if your interviewer brings it up.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an R after getting in state secondary. Good luck to you all though!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to those who are getting news today!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
As Dr.V said, good luck to everyone expecting news today! No matter what the decision is remember you are well qualified and deserving to be a doctor!

Do we know if students who are on active hold can possibly get news today too? I was put on active hold before Oct 15 and am not clear how Quillen's process works for getting accepted/rejected after being on hold.

I think that those who are on the hold list can be accepted at any point, so there is a possibility of hearing today.

Reactions: 1 users
lol I’ll be on a flight that lands at noon central time so I may land and be disappointed or happy or meh lol

• Care
Just received email to submit secondary application this morning. OOS student with primary application submitted end of June. Thoughts on whether it is too late in the cycle to submit secondary for Quillen? Thanks in advance!

Just received email to submit secondary application this morning. OOS student with primary application submitted end of June. Thoughts on whether it is too late in the cycle to submit secondary for Quillen? Thanks in advance!
If they just emailed you to submit the secondary, then they are currently considering you. So I’d say it’s not too late.

Received OOS secondary today, primary verified early August

If I interviewed on October 25, when should I expect to hear back? Not to be so neurotic, I just want to be mentally prepared...

Good luck to those expecting some news today!

at this point, are we still most likely to get put on active hold, or will there be more post-interview acceptance decisions?

at this point, are we still most likely to get put on active hold, or will there be more post-interview acceptance decisions?
Mr. Doug Taylor told us when we interviewed that this early in the cycle, the vast majority of interviewees are either put on active hold or rejected.

Just got the acceptance call!!!! My dream school!! Good luck to everybody else who has been waiting to hear today!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance call!!!! My dream school!! Good luck to everybody else who has been waiting to hear today!
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you in July!

• Love
Got the call!! My first A... I'm still in shock GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WAITING TO HEAR BACK!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Sad days. Got the R from Quillen. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! Y’all are all worthy!

• Care
Sad days. Got the R from Quillen. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! Y’all are all worthy!
Same here. I stand in solidarity with you. Loved ETSU but we shall trudge forward.
Thanks, Doug…

Is there a certain day they typically send II’s/ and I know this isn’t concrete but how long does it take them to send II’s typically

Is there a certain day they typically send II’s/ and I know this isn’t concrete but how long does it take them to send II’s typically
I was complete August 17 and received my II on October 5! I hope that helps : )

• Care