2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After looking at last year's thread, I saw some people sending LOI's after interviewing and being put on active hold. Is that a good idea for Quillen? I've never sent/written one before, and I don't want to bug them with unnecessary letters while they already have so much work looking through other apps.

Members don't see this ad.

After looking at last year's thread, I saw some people sending LOI's after interviewing and being put on active hold. Is that a good idea for Quillen? I've never sent/written one before, and I don't want to bug them with unnecessary letters while they already have so much work looking through other apps.
I'm curious about this too, I'm working on writing one but not sure if this is something QCOM encourages.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all, I got a post-II hold here a few weeks ago. What's the consensus on updates at Quillen? I know some people posted this up above but thought I'd add my interest to the pot in case it encourages someone to add their thoughts :)

Are people who are submitting an update letter/LOI just putting it in the portal?

Pre-Secondary R. Submitted primary mid-August. OOS with ties to the school/area but I guess the ties weren't strong enough lmao

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the committee is meeting today!! Hopefully we get some news for those of us that are waiting post interview!

I wonder if the committee is meeting today!! Hopefully we get some news for those of us that are waiting post interview!
I think they might be! The entering class of 2022 stats page was updated today and the average MCAT/gpa changed when I checked it a couple hours ago! Good luck to everyone!

Did the number of accepted change???👀
nope not yet! maybe they made decisions but haven't called/emailed yet or something. Or maybe I'm just reading too deep into it because of the bi-weekly panic this gives me lol.

Anyone hear/know anything? Feeling extra anxious today.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they will do acceptances/rejections today!!

Maybe they will do acceptances/rejections today!!
The thought crossed my mind but I cannot allow myself to go there mentally. Regardless of what happens today, stay strong my friends!

Did anyone else get an interview follow-up survey email yesterday?

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, despite receiving one earlier this cycle after my interview. Perhaps it was a mass email to all who interviewed instead of to those who interviewed this week.

Do y’all know if they send updates/decisions thanksgiving week?

Got an II this morning! IS!

Last edited:
  • Love
Congratulations!! That’s so exciting. When did you submit your secondary?
Thank you! I received a “complete” email on 10/5. I was rather late since I didn’t complete CASPER until September.

My friend who applied to ETSU just got an interview invite this morning. IS ties. Adding to the sample size!

For those accepted to Quillen what was the time span from interview to acceptance?

OOS II received! Very excited for this. Veteran. Interview scheduled for February. Does anyone know how often II dates are moved closer?

For those accepted to Quillen what was the time span from interview to acceptance?
The committee meets every other Thursday. So generally decisions are given 2-3 weeks after interviewing it seems. That decision could be an A or an R, but it also may be a hold. If you're placed on hold (like yours truly!), there's no telling how long until they give you your final disposition.

Adding to the pool of invites! OOS II this morning! 🥳

well.... Its 4:30.... most likely meaning no notifications were sent, or at least not to us stalking SDN. Wishing for more good news in the coming days and hope everyone's mental health is doing okay. If anyone needs a stressing buddy feel free to DM me.

Last edited:
  • Care