2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what "perks" ucsd offers? Stethoscope (type?)? iPad? Just wondering as a family member is offering to buy me a gift and I don't want them to waste their money on something my tuition covers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone not heard back from UCSD at all? I assume most people have heard back from them in some form (II, pre-II hold/R) already so I find it odd that I haven't heard back yet. I submitted relatively late if that helps

Does anyone know what "perks" ucsd offers? Stethoscope (type?)? iPad? Just wondering as a family member is offering to buy me a gift and I don't want them to waste their money on something my tuition covers.
Not on topic but I love your username

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UCSD provides an iPad; they don't provide a stethoscope.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
A earlier today for the SOM, interviewed mid February.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
WL earlier today. Figured it was coming but man does it still sting :cryi:

• Care
WL this morning. Thankful for my other acceptance to a school I'll be happy at, but UCSD was my top choice so that hurt a bit :( . Congrats to all of you who were accepted!

• Care
Congrats! Was this an acceptance for just the SOM or prime too? Also how were u notified? Thank you and congrats again!!!
Wow thats so misleading on my part, my apologies. I’m going to edit the original post now. It was just for SOM 😅

Would any current students here be willing to talk about the school’s financial aid?

Got the A! :)

Are there any Facebook pages or GroupMe's for accepted students?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Does UCSD send rejections post interview or only acceptances and waitlists?

Thanks!

I’m an MSTP applicant in the same boat. I also emailed admissions but didn’t hear back yet. Have you heard anything yet?
Nope heard nothing. Would have appreciated even being told that I won’t hear anything for a few months.

For those that interviewed and heard back, did you hear back on the day they specified or did you hear back before that?

For those that interviewed and heard back, did you hear back on the day they specified or did you hear back before that?
I heard back on the exact day they told us at around noon PST!

Interviewed 2/26, placed on waitlist today around 3pm est!

I still haven’t heard anything…but it’s probably a rejection at this point

Hello! Has anyone heard from prime for an acceptance into the program? Ik they said it can be all the way until late March but just wanted to check

Has anyone been invited to their conditional acceptance program? Will they invite you to this program after you have received an R ?

Does anyone know if Prime waitlists unfortunately didn't get an A email so just curious if there is still a chance? Thank and congrats to all the As yall are going to do great!!! 🥳🥳

to those accepted,

have you received any email regarding financial aid supplemental application access or anything like that yet?

Reactions: 1 user
to those accepted,

have you received any email regarding financial aid supplemental application access or anything like that yet?
Yeah I got an email Friday 03/11, the subject line is "2022-2023 UC San Diego Health Sciences Financial Aid Application Available!"

Hi all, two things:

1) I applied to PRIME-HEq but haven't heard back, and recently got an email asking if I wanted to apply to PRIME-TIDE. Did anyone else receive this? Or are they telling me I didn't get PRIME-HEq and nudging me to apply to the other PRIME program instead?

2) I've heard of some merit-based scholarships, but can't find much if any information on this. Anyone have any insights about how many people get these, and what score cutoffs might be/have been in the past?

Thanks all!!

Does anyone have data on total acceptances sent out per year (including off the waitlist)?

Somewhere I’ve seen 35 out of 300 lol
Yes thats the number off the waitlist on the MSAR

I was asking what the total number of acceptances sent out, i.e those who are accepted normally + those who get off the waitlist.

Any idea when they will reach out to waitlisted individuals for "continued interest" letters?

Any idea when they will reach out to waitlisted individuals for "continued interest" letters?
The post interview email I got says they will reach out “late April/early May” but besides that I don’t have any additional information. Sorry

The post interview email I got says they will reach out “late April/early May” but besides that I don’t have any additional information. Sorry
Don't be sorry! Thank you for the info.

I was waitlisted in October and their last email to me just said April, so good to know I shouldn't be expecting it just yet.

Hate to ask again but was wondering if anybody on the waitlist has received the email regarding "continued interest" where we can send updates/letters of intent? I haven't received anything and want to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks! :)

Hate to ask again but was wondering if anybody on the waitlist has received the email regarding "continued interest" where we can send updates/letters of intent? I haven't received anything and want to make sure I didn't miss it. Thanks! :)
I haven’t received it! I am also waiting

Haven't received it yet, I think last year I got it around April 25th.

Have any accepted students heard about merit aid?
I heard they've been sending out merit aid emails since last week? But also haven't heard from anyone who has gotten one.