2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So MSAR says OSU application review starts December 15th, 2021. Does that mean being early doesn't matter?

Members don't see this ad.

So MSAR says OSU application review starts December 15th, 2021. Does that mean being early doesn't matter?
That’s incorrect. II’s start to go out in august and the first A’s always come out in October. So being early is great!!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone have trouble paying the application fee? After hitting continue and pay, it takes me to a screen that says "transferring..." but it never actually transfers me. Same thing happening with both safari and chrome.

Edit: I tried on another computer and it worked.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a third email after the Username Activation and Vitals emails? This one's subject line is "Your Ohio State University Application" and then the body just says if you haven't activated your username (lastname.#) please do so now?

I had already activated the username but literally had a jolt when I saw the subject line lol

Has anyone else had trouble with the "Why is diversity a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body?" prompt? I feel like it's so hard not to be way too general with it
For me I am doing why it is important and then putting in my own experience and how it was important in x situation!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get a third email after the Username Activation and Vitals emails? This one's subject line is "Your Ohio State University Application" and then the body just says if you haven't activated your username (lastname.#) please do so now?

I had already activated the username but literally had a jolt when I saw the subject line lol
I received the same one today and had a jolt too lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe this is the only MSTP with this requirement. Super strange tbh. Also applying MSTP makes a third portal through their system as a checklist for each of these requirements in addition to the vitals thing.
What is the character/word count for the MSTP personal statement? And what requirement are you referring to?

What is the character/word count for the MSTP personal statement? And what requirement are you referring to?
I don’t think there is a specific word/character count. I just submitted a word doc/pdf about 1 page long in an email to them and it got marked off my checklist. And I was referring to the statement requirement, having a separate stamens of purpose is different from almost all the programs I applied to

I don’t think there is a specific word/character count. I just submitted a word doc/pdf about 1 page long in an email to them and it got marked off my checklist. And I was referring to the statement requirement, having a separate stamens of purpose is different from almost all the programs I applied to
What do you mean by a separate statement? Sorry I havent received the secondary yet, I am just trying to prewrite everything

What do you mean by a separate statement? Sorry I havent received the secondary yet, I am just trying to prewrite everything
Ohio requires that for every graduate program you select on the secondary you write a separate statement of purpose. By separate I mean it’s not in the secondary and you have to email or mail it to admissions

Hey sorry if this was already asked. I am a bit confused I submitted my secondary and activated my OSU account. Is there anything more I have to do? How do I check the status of my application?

edit: nevermind thread above says to wait for a VITALS email

Is anyone able to see their secondary application on Vital or any status of it? I received the email to create an account for the Vital student portal, and logged in but it says there is no action available at this time.

Is anyone able to see their secondary application on Vital or any status of it? I received the email to create an account for the Vital student portal, and logged in but it says there is no action available at this time.
Yes, that is how it looks for everyone else. I know its a little weird...once you submit your secondary, you can't go back and look at it

Last night I dreamed I got an II :,)
me too! it felt so real. but in my dream, I saw the date on my phone when I opened my email and it was in a day in September so I think my dream was trying to make me realize I need to chill out and wait hahahah

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ohio requires that for every graduate program you select on the secondary you write a separate statement of purpose. By separate I mean it’s not in the secondary and you have to email or mail it to admissions
Hey, so I submitted my secondary application today, but I didn't see anything about sending a separate personal statement to the graduate school. Did you receive further instructions to do this later? I don't see anything about this on the website, so how did you know to do it?

Hey, so I submitted my secondary application today, but I didn't see anything about sending a separate personal statement to the graduate school. Did you receive further instructions to do this later? I don't see anything about this on the website, so how did you know to do it?
They don’t tell you or send you anything but it’s on their website here. I just shot them an email and they replied after

II! This morning. Complete 7/16. OOS, but current undergrad.

Reactions: 7 users
right I got the initial login for the secondary, submitted that, then got vitals, then got another portal for a *3rd* username and also had to set up 5 security questions lmao did u get that too?
how long after you submitted secondary did you get vitals?

I believe this is the only MSTP with this requirement. Super strange tbh. Also applying MSTP makes a third portal through their system as a checklist for each of these requirements in addition to the vitals thing.
Where does that happen?

II Complete July 20th, LizzyM 73.3 URM OOS.

POG IM SO HAPPY THIS IS MY FIRST II AHHHHH

Reactions: 6 users
OSU II this morning!
Submitted July 28
78 LM
94 WARS
URM
OOS

Last edited:
Is it easier to get an interview if you apply via the Primary Care track?
I'm not sure about the stats on this, but I would say apply with whatever end-goal you have in mind. I'd say if you want to do primary care go for it, if not, don't. Nothing kills an application faster than detecting false motivation, but someone who is eager/enthusiastic for whatever program they are applying to is definitely a great positive! OSU's happy to help its students learn/network with whatever specialties they're interested in exploring so apply with that in mind

My secondary application was marked complete on August 9th and I never got an email to set up VITALS. I am a reapplicant and can log onto VITALS, should I contact admissions?

My secondary application was marked complete on August 9th and I never got an email to set up VITALS. I am a reapplicant and can log onto VITALS, should I contact admissions?
Mine was marked complete 2 weeks ago but I never got a Vitals. I contacted admissions but haven't gotten a response yet...
EDIT: @FruitSauce I contacted [email protected] and they sent me the link. If you haven't received it still, reach out to them! Maybe mention that you're a reapplicant though, since that might make it different.

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble accessing the OSU secondary portal? I made my secondary account a while ago when I first received my secondary email, but when I went to login today, I received an error message. Thinking that my username or password was entered incorrectly, I then tried to retrieve/change them with my email, but I received an error message stating my email address was not associated with any account.
I then made a new account, but when I went to enter my application code, I got a message saying that it was incorrect (it's not)/associated with another account. I called the help desk number from the error message, but they said they were unable to help me :/
Any ideas on what to do?

Has anyone had trouble accessing the OSU secondary portal? I made my secondary account a while ago when I first received my secondary email, but when I went to login today, I received an error message. Thinking that my username or password was entered incorrectly, I then tried to retrieve/change them with my email, but I received an error message stating my email address was not associated with any account.
I then made a new account, but when I went to enter my application code, I got a message saying that it was incorrect (it's not)/associated with another account. I called the help desk number from the error message, but they said they were unable to help me :/
Any ideas on what to do?
How long has it been since you got the secondary? if i remember correctly, they had a 2 week or so deadline before you could make an account. That might be the issue.

Good luck!

My VITALS link expired, does this mean I'm no longer able to get an interview invite from here? It's my alma mater too :(

My VITALS link expired, does this mean I'm no longer able to get an interview invite from here? It's my alma mater too :(
Lmao never mind, I just went to the website anyway and said "Forgot my Password" and I got a brand new link to make it XD we're good everyone, we're good

• Haha
Lmao never mind, I just went to the website anyway and said "Forgot my Password" and I got a brand new link to make it XD we're good everyone, we're good
You had me worried there smalls

• Haha
Any know if ohio state prioritizes OOS applicants first for interviews?

Please read "The most common issue is apostrophes being changed to question marks. If you are using apostrophes, please check to make sure they do not change to question marks after exiting the application." I submit my application and then realize that all my apostrophes change to question marks. I swear I check several times, RIP.......Now my application will be down to the drain..... Wanna cry.......