2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my secondary this morning! OOS verified July 2. The secondary rollout process is so random lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
OOS Secondary +1, only added Ohio State two days ago lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary 07/12, just got marked application complete!

OOS not received yet :(, what's the email address that they send it from?

Reactions: 2 users
OOS not received yet :(, what's the email address that they send it from?
[email protected] , I also think it typically takes a week or so for OSU to get to you after your primary is verified. They also send like 3 more follow up emails to set up different accounts and those also take a few more days to get out

For the public education part of the first question do you think my time spent working as a PCA and training other nursing assistants would count?

For the public education part of the first question do you think my time spent working as a PCA and training other nursing assistants would count?
Yes. Medical Education splits into two domains: Educating Patients/Populations and Educating Colleagues (or Future Colleagues a.k.a. Med Students/Residents).

I did. If you're a pca at OSU you have to be medically educated to do everything from vitals to blood draws to EKGS and more. Passing that on to others is medically educating them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone IS and still not receive a secondary? I attend OSU right now so I'm interested to see if/when I get one

OOS and still haven’t received my secondary

Reactions: 1 users
OOS and still haven’t received my secondary
Same, we're not alone. High stat, early submission, and I got like over 90% of my secondaries already. I'll edit this I just received it

Last edited:
Reminder for those applying MSTP that you must submit a personal statement reflecting on the chosen graduate program in the secondary as well as a current CV and you must send transcripts to their graduate school!
Well...this is annoying. If I had not googled something else for this application I would have never seen this note. Are there any other MSTPs like this? Thank you so much.

So I noticed the secondary has a space for re-applicants to list up to 25 schools they previously applied to. I have never applied to Ohio State but I have applied to MSTPs before. Am I suppose to list them? More importantly, do I have to list them? I'll be honest, I do not feel comfortable disclosing where I have and will be applying to other schools. It really sketches me out...

Ohio State's secondary portal is atrocious lmao

This is the weirdest application I've ever seen. Why do they need our selective service number and why do they want us to input 25 schools we've applied to in the past if we're reapplying? Can't they just pull up our AMCAS from our previous cycle?

At least there's a save button though.

This is the weirdest application I've ever seen. Why do they need our selective service number and why do they want us to input 25 schools we've applied to in the past if we're reapplying? Can't they just pull up our AMCAS from our previous cycle?

Schools can not see what other schools you apply to, or have applied to

Got a complete email after submitting yesterday, just waiting for vitals now but I still don’t think I understand the point of it?

Got a complete email after submitting yesterday, just waiting for vitals now but I still don’t think I understand the point of it?
It's to check your application status! Not sure why the application and status are on separate portals tho

To be blunt, it's none of their business. I think I'm gonna leave it blank. The last thing I want is for them to use this as a judgment (i.e. are they my reach school or safety school). That's just toxic and I'm disappointed to see it.

Well...this is annoying. If I had not googled something else for this application I would have never seen this note. Are there any other MSTPs like this? Thank you so much.
I believe this is the only MSTP with this requirement. Super strange tbh. Also applying MSTP makes a third portal through their system as a checklist for each of these requirements in addition to the vitals thing.

How many passwords and logins we gotta activate for this school…😑

Can anyone see their application after logging back into the gpa supplemental app page? Mine just disappeared today...

Ok so I must have put my undergraduate institution and degree date 500 times before submitting, but it never saved. I just submitted and checked back and once again, it was not there. Should I email them and let them know of the issue? I'm a current OSU student but I doubt that would make a difference.

Ok so I must have put my undergraduate institution and degree date 500 times before submitting, but it never saved. I just submitted and checked back and once again, it was not there. Should I email them and let them know of the issue? I'm a current OSU student but I doubt that would make a difference.
I'm sure you're okay! They should be able to see that information from the primary.

Wow I've never seen a school ask for a list of schools previously applied for...any idea how/why they use this list?
Yea I'm a bit surprised to see this and wish I didn't have to answer it!!

Did everyone get an email to set up VITALS and another email to set up an OSU username through another portal?

right I got the initial login for the secondary, submitted that, then got vitals, then got another portal for a *3rd* username and also had to set up 5 security questions lmao did u get that too?

right I got the initial login for the secondary, submitted that, then got vitals, then got another portal for a *3rd* username and also had to set up 5 security questions lmao did u get that too?
Lol yea the security questions is to set up your myosu account so that they can then create a VITALS account for you. God bless password managers for keeping track of all this login info

Does anybody have OSU's admissions email? I couldn't find it anywhere online.

Is anyone adding parts of their diversity essay to the "Why is diversity a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body?" prompt, or simply answering the question without any mention of themselves?

Pro tip: just found OSU's questions overlap well with UW-Madison, so if you're interested, shoot UWSMPH a primary too.

I'm a bit confused about the fee waiver - I'm qualified for FAP, but do I still need to submit some documentation to that listed email? When I click the link and go to the site it has information on what to do for every other waiver besides FAP.

Pro tip: just found OSU's questions overlap well with UW-Madison, so if you're interested, shoot UWSMPH a primary too.

I'm a bit confused about the fee waiver - I'm qualified for FAP, but do I still need to submit some documentation to that listed email? When I click the link and go to the site it has information on what to do for every other waiver besides FAP.
It automatically does it

Is anyone adding parts of their diversity essay to the "Why is diversity a desirable characteristic for a medical school's student body?" prompt, or simply answering the question without any mention of themselves?
I added a sentence at the end from my diversity essay but spent the majority of the essay just answering the prompt

I submitted my OOS secondary a while back and just got 2 emails this morning to login/create various accounts at OSU CoM. after clicking through all of it, there appears to be no update on my application status. Does everybody get this or is this a good sign that I might be under consideration for an interview?

I submitted my OOS secondary a while back and just got 2 emails this morning to login/create various accounts at OSU CoM. after clicking through all of it, there appears to be no update on my application status. Does everybody get this or is this a good sign that I might be under consideration for an interview?
Ohio State uses a separate platform (vitals) to track application status. Upon completion of an application, everyone receives the pair of emails I believe you are referring to.

Ohio State uses a separate platform (vitals) to track application status. Upon completion of an application, everyone receives the pair of emails I believe you are referring to.
I activated my osu account from the email the other guy mentioned, is vitals another account I have to activate different than the osu username thing?

I activated my osu account from the email the other guy mentioned, is vitals another account I have to activate different than the osu username thing?
Yes, you need to activate your OSU account before they can create a VITALS account for you. You'll use VITALS to check your application status!