2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quite happy that I received some news finally….really weird ahahaha
totally feel you lol. I havent heard back from any so I'm looking forward to hearing SOMETHING LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anywhere we can look at previous match lists for this school? All I could find on the website were specialty placements
You can find previous match list threads here on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys getting the pre II R in the mail or through email?

Got the II yesterday! I was wondering for those who were interviewed this cycle/ last cycle how long the interview was? I’m seeing in the interview feedback that it is 30 min but just wanted to see if that has changed

is there an accepted students group?
Sort of? I received an email yesterday to join the Schools App, which is a social network for future students. You need a Facebook to sign in though.

Also, declined my acceptance today. Tough decision because I loved the school on interview day ;-; but I hope it goes out to one of you!

are you guys getting the pre II R in the mail or through email?
Email for now. I’ve gotten other communication through the mail, but it usually goes to my parents house so I don’t always know right away

Members don't see this ad :)
Created a group for accepted students check it out!

You're invited to join my group "CCOM Class of 2026" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Feel like they’ve given out a lot of Rs to early applicants. If you applied early and still haven’t heard back it might be a good sign..

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Been complete since sep 9. Have not heard anything (I'm also Canadian)...should i write this school off? :(

II early today, complete 7/23. Just withdrew my application since I was already accepted to my top choice DO school. Good luck to my people hoping for an interview! Rooting for you all (especially as somebody who received no love last year).

Reactions: 2 users
II just now, complete 8/4. Can anyone who has already interviewed share some interview tips? Is it a traditional interview? MMI? Were there any questions that caught you off guard?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if CCOM accepts update letters pre-II and if so how do you submit them?

Does anyone know if CCOM accepts update letters pre-II and if so how do you submit them?
Yes, I just emailed it to the main admissions email address. They were very friendly and also said they added it to my file for review

Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend and a smooth application process. I'm an M1 currently at CCOM and am more than happy to answer questions. Just shoot me a DM and I'll do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Just a preface, I absolutely love this school (with a few exceptions) and do not regret my decision one bit.

Ask Away!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed today!! The format is a basically a 30 minute conversation with two people. What I really liked about it was that they sent us a schedule and who we were interviewing with ahead of time.

It was over before I knew it! The interview questions bank on SDN is key!!!!!

Also tell me why I’m more stressed now than before the interview because they said they’d tell us in a week 🥴🥴

Good luck to all!!

Has anyone who interviewed in early December heard back yet? I was told we would hear before Christmas but it's the wait that is killing me....

Has anyone who interviewed in early December heard back yet? I was told we would hear before Christmas but it's the wait that is killing me....
I interviewed in early December, and we were told that it could be December or January. One of the administrators told us that she didn't see any admissions committee meetings scheduled on her calendar for December.

Spoke with admissions office; the ADCOM is meeting this week, so you should hear back this week/early next week. Definitely before the new year.

I got the A as well. Interviewed early December. I'm so excited!

I’m an accepted student but I’m starting to freak out and panicking about the tuition, can some current student please please dm me about how they are planning to pay/loans and stuff

Hi, this may be a dumb question but submitting the matriculation agreement once accepted to Midwestern CCOM is not binding right? I can still withdraw and accept other medical schools? Just wanted to make sure lol

Should I provide an update prior to my interview next week? I do have new experiences to talk about so I’m not sure if I should submit an update or just talk about them on my interview day although the interviewers won’t have those experiences written down

Hi, this may be a dumb question but submitting the matriculation agreement once accepted to Midwestern CCOM is not binding right? I can still withdraw and accept other medical schools? Just wanted to make sure lol
Nope, not binding. You can get out of it and I think you get half of it back within a certain time frame.

Should I provide an update prior to my interview next week? I do have new experiences to talk about so I’m not sure if I should submit an update or just talk about them on my interview day although the interviewers won’t have those experiences written down
I would talk about it during your interview if you can. I don't see the point in providing an update before your interview since they believe that your qualifications meet the necessary requirements for an interview. If you don't have a chance to talk about during your interview, then maybe providing a update letter could be helpful

I would talk about it during your interview if you can. I don't see the point in providing an update before your interview since they believe that your qualifications meet the necessary requirements for an interview. If you don't have a chance to talk about during your interview, then maybe providing a update letter could be helpful
Thank you!

Just withdrew my application after being accepted. This is a wonderful school and I’m sad about it but another school was a better fit for me. I hope the seat opens up a chance for one of you future doctors!

Does anyone know till which month does Midwestern sends out interview invitations?

Does anyone know till which month does Midwestern sends out interview invitations?

Can change year to year, depending on where they are with class formation.

Anecdotally, I got an invite/interviewed in mid Feb last year.