2021-2022 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send a letter on interest or intent? Also if you don't mind when did you send it?

Did you send a letter on interest or intent? Also if you don't mind when did you send it?
I personally sent a letter of interest, not a letter of intent and I sent mine just a few days before my interview day

I got placed on alternate list too 😢Did anyone who interviewed in Feb get in yesterday or only people who were already on the alternate list?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I got placed on alternate list too 😢Did anyone who interviewed in Feb get in yesterday or only people who were already on the alternate list?
I would also like to know. The only ones that received an A interviewed in Jan. This is a bit strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall, does anyone know how the rotations are at this school? I received an A back in August but nervous about matching into residencies. Not sure how the ACGME merger is going to affect future osteopathic students.

just got the pre-II R... *sad* :'(
but I genuinely wish the rest of yall the best of luck <3

Can any current students talk about if there are any residencies that CCOM has influence over to bring their own students into those residencies? Like relationships or anything like that?

Can any current students talk about if there are any residencies that CCOM has influence over to bring their own students into those residencies? Like relationships or anything like that?
Our closest relationship is probably Olympia Fields (now Franciscan St. James) since it was opened as a satellite hospital campus, but later sold. In terms of rotations, we can rotate through Cook County, MacNeal, Franciscan, Swedish Covenant, AMITA, the Advocates (Christ, Masonic, Lutheran, Good Sam). Lots of large hospitals, plenty with associated residencies.

Anyone know if they accept deferrals?
I can't find anything about the Chicago campus but the Arizona campus, which I assume is the same, says this:

"Deferments are only considered under extreme circumstances in which a physical illness or medical condition of the applicant or their immediate family member, or military service precludes the student from beginning classes at the start of the academic year."

are interviews still going on? or does anyone know when they go till?

I got an interview invite on Friday. However, I withdrew my application so I didn't get a chance to check out the dates.

Should letters of intent be sent to their admissions email or directly to the Director of Admissions?

I just received an II yesterday and the latest I saw on the selection was April 7th, although there will be a lot of movement when others start to narrow down their schools so I could see them go through the end of April/ May.

Most likely interviewing for the alternate list but does anyone know if current interviews are for actual seats?

Also received an interview today…. Is their class completely full and we’re interviewing for alternate/waitlist spots or will they s to ll be sending out As for us?

Hi, I just received an interview today as well, but I checked my email very late and looks like all the interview dates are full :((. Are there more dates that open up or is it really just first come first serve for who signs up first on interviews?

Withdrew my A this morning, hopefully it goes to one of you guys !!

Reactions: 1 users
When is the last day for interviews in the cycle? Still waiting. No R but no II. Holding out hope. Sent in a interest letter in November.

I withdrew my app so hopefully one of you can grab my interview slot! It’s a great school I just can’t get past the tuition. Good luck everyone!

For students who have interviewed in March, did they say when you should hear something?

Does anyone know the post interview process? Like once we get an interview, is it basically up to how well we do on the interview that will determine if we get in or not? I got an interview but my mcat is really low compared to their avg. Do I have a real shot or is this just a waitlist interview?

Hi I just received a II a few days ago and was hoping to speak with a current midwestern student before my interview. If anyone is willing to chat please shoot me a dm :)

What time of day did people get A email/call? Anxiously waiting even though it could be any day

last month they came out on 2/22 so i didn’t know
Ugh that was the last week of the month for feb. Guessing adcom not meeting this week especially bc of the week off this month for spring break. Waiting sucks!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping the best for IIs and As for you all! First year CCOM student here -- feel free to dm if you have any questions about the school and I'll try my best to answer

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how the waitlist works for CCOM? They mentioned it is unranked so I am not quite sure how they would go about selecting applicants. Based off this thread I noticed that the applicants who interviewed earlier are starting to get offers, so is it a first come first serve basis?
I interviewed on January 26 and am just curious.