2021-2022 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i thinkc they start handing out II’s for RD applicants in mid September. I looked at some past threads

Members don't see this ad.

ED applicant / in-state - I got my II today!

Reactions: 1 user
for all my fellow MSTP applicants here, got the rejection this morning :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Added MUSC to my primary on 9/14 and still no secondary

Just got an II. IS 3.8/518 regular decision

Reactions: 1 users
IS RD applicant, got II Sep 3rd and received an interview today for October 15th. Just a heads up so ya'll know they are rolling them out.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS ED applicant here. Got put on hold after the admissions committee met the week after interviews. Really hoping for better luck in the coming weeks with the regular applicant pool.

Stats: 3.9/511

• Care
About how long does it take to get follow up information for an interview day? I got an II two weeks ago for mid Oct but haven't heard back since with more information.

did anyone ever get confirmation that they were complete? I am paranoid now because I still haven't heard from MUSC and am getting anxious lol

did anyone ever get confirmation that they were complete? I am paranoid now because I still haven't heard from MUSC and am getting anxious lol
I did. Maybe contact admissions? Heres what the email said.

“The online application to the Medical University of South Carolina that you just completed has been successfully submitted. To verify when it has been processed (usually 1-3 days later), please check your personal activity page at ________________”

About how long does it take to get follow up information for an interview day? I got an II two weeks ago for mid Oct but haven't heard back since with more information.
They usually send it out the week of the interview.

Pre-II R for MSTP. Complete August 22 and recieved "we're reviewing your app and should have a decision in 4 weeks" email August 31st. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Pre-II R for MSTP. Complete August 22 and recieved "we're reviewing your app and should have a decision in 4 weeks" email August 31st. Good luck everyone!
Sorry to hear. What do you mean by MSTP?

I did. Maybe contact admissions? Heres what the email said.

“The online application to the Medical University of South Carolina that you just completed has been successfully submitted. To verify when it has been processed (usually 1-3 days later), please check your personal activity page at ________________”
did your online portal ever say processed? mine just says the date they received my supplemental app?

Would anyone be willing to share a picture of there rejection with me for comparison. Feel free to PM

They usually send it out the week of the interview.
I have an interview scheduled for the end of this week but haven't heard back... Do you know if they send it out the night before the interview day?

I have an interview scheduled for the end of this week but haven't heard back... Do you know if they send it out the night before the interview day?
Usually it’s the day before. Don’t sweat it

Got the notif that my application was on hold today :/ Is there anything I should do while my app is on hold or does that mean waitlist/rejection??

Got the notif that my application was on hold today :/ Is there anything I should do while my app is on hold or does that mean waitlist/rejection??
I got put on hold as well! From what I understand, we are not rejected and not yet on the waitlist. I think we get reviewed every time the admission committee meets again. Hoping the best for both of us and know you are not alone!!

Reactions: 2 users
I got put on hold as well! From what I understand, we are not rejected and not yet on the waitlist. I think we get reviewed every time the admission committee meets again. Hoping the best for both of us and know you are not alone!!
Sorry to hear about the hold. Hold is a soft waitlist. They say they pull people off of it as they lower their index score throughout the year but I’ve never heard of anyone actually getting in this way so I wouldn’t expect to hear anything from that. In May they create a waitlist that is small and competitive to get on so your chances of getting in after making the waitlist are better than other schools waitlist. Would y’all mind sharing your stats?

Can anyone share their interview day experience at this school? Was it laid back?

Sorry to hear about the hold. Hold is a soft waitlist. They say they pull people off of it as they lower their index score throughout the year but I’ve never heard of anyone actually getting in this way so I wouldn’t expect to hear anything from that. In May they create a waitlist that is small and competitive to get on so your chances of getting in after making the waitlist are better than other schools waitlist. Would y’all mind sharing your stats?
I am going to keep on hoping and believe the email they sent us that said many of us will get in off the hold! In-state, 513, 3.7, biomedical engineering

Has anyone still not heard back from MUSC? It's driving me crazy lol -- I'm in-state and my MCAT Is at MUSC's average and GPA is > than their average. Also my ECs and letters + rest of my app are strong, and I was complete 8/4. The paranoia is getting to me ahhh

Has anyone still not heard back from MUSC? It's driving me crazy lol -- I'm in-state and my MCAT Is at MUSC's average and GPA is > than their average. Also my ECs and letters + rest of my app are strong, and I was complete 8/4. The paranoia is getting to me ahhh
I know IS applicants from last cycle with stats above MUSC's average that didn't interview until late December. I still haven't heard back from them either and submitted my secondary on 7/28. The waiting game does suck but it'll pay off eventually. Best of luck!

Man! This whole cycle is a waiting game, I know how tough it is. Just keep your head up

Hey I have an interview coming up next week. Does anybody know how the format works? What I should expect on interview day?

Hey I have an interview coming up next week. Does anybody know how the format works? What I should expect on interview day?
Congrats! I heard it’s 2 traditional one on one interviews and one student interview. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats! I heard it’s 2 traditional one on one interviews and one student interview. Would you mind sharing your stats?
There’s also an “outside” traditional interview portion with an additional faculty member, alum, or current med student.

I am IS,ORM 3.78ucGPA, 3.77usGPA. 3.97SMP GPA, 512. Little nervous about my stats for this school tbh

I am IS,ORM 3.78ucGPA, 3.77usGPA. 3.97SMP GPA, 512. Little nervous about my stats for this school tbh
They adjust GPA based on where you went to school and if you graduated from an honors program/college

How long did it take for the COM to send you your official acceptance letter packet? When they notified me that I was accepted I received an email saying that more info would be sent within the next week. It's now been almost 3wks since my acceptance. Has this happened to anyone else?

How long did it take for the COM to send you your official acceptance letter packet? When they notified me that I was accepted I received an email saying that more info would be sent within the next week. It's now been almost 3wks since my acceptance. Has this happened to anyone else?
Congrats! I've heard it can take a long time for them to send the official packet so I wouldn't stress about it. Would you mind sharing your stats?

URM, SC resident, 506, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA
Do you remember about when in the day you got notified about your acceptance perchance?

Or has anyone heard about today’s round of acceptances/holds?

Last edited:
Do you remember about when in the day you got notified about your acceptance perchance?

Or has anyone heard about today’s round of acceptances/holds?
Usually they notify you anywhere between 5-7pm and those that get waitlisted get an email after they make all their calls. Would you mind sharing your stats? Still hoping for an II from Musc! Hope you hear good news soon!