2021-2022 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL :/ interviewed 1/14

Anyone know how much WL movement MCW has? They're my top choice

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who has interviewed here, do you have any advice? This is my first interview! Is it more like a traditional interview

Anyone who has interviewed here, do you have any advice? This is my first interview! Is it more like a traditional interview
Traditional interview but chill. I'd say it was ~10-15 minutes interview questions and the rest just chatting for both of my interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my itinerary for the MSTP interview on 2/10! Does anyone know if the times on the itinerary are in CST time?

for those of you that uploaded updates, did you do it through it the portal? and was it confirmed by admissions or we just assume that it got uploaded?

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you that uploaded updates, did you do it through it the portal? and was it confirmed by admissions or we just assume that it got uploaded?
I did it through the portal and assumed it worked!

Reactions: 3 users
the day is really long, but low stress! My favorite part was the presentation they gave us about Milwaukee that was basically an AD for all the breweries. You have programming for several hours until noon (QnAs, info sessions, etc), lunch, then 2 interviews, and an optional group activity. The group activity is entirely optional and I can't tell you what it is bc I didn't go to it myself. The 2 interviews are low-stress, and they really know your app so be prepared to talk about everything! Once you get to the interview with MCW they really want you, so just don't give them a reason to reject you and you've got a great chance. Good luck, and hope to see you in my class next year!

• Love
I just got my itinerary for the MSTP interview on 2/10! Does anyone know if the times on the itinerary are in CST time?
I would assume so--I interviewed here and a school in a different time zone, and for both they gave me times in their respective zones, not mine.

Just upload to the portal and you're good to go. I uploaded my update and thank-yous through there

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted OOS to Milwaukee on 1/28! I interviewed with them on 1/7.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does waitlist movement start after may or in June? I’m not sure what the commit to enrol dates are (since I’m not accepted)

Does waitlist movement start after may or in June? I’m not sure what the commit to enrol dates are (since I’m not accepted)
PTE deadline is May 2 & CTE is July 18

Most schools have indicated waitlist movement after PTE deadline, but I can’t say exactly when MCW does theirs. Maybe someone else can chime in with more specifics if they exist.

PTE deadline is May 2 & CTE is July 18

Most schools have indicated waitlist movement after PTE deadline, but I can’t say exactly when MCW does theirs. Maybe someone else can chime in with more specifics if they exist.
Dang it’s crazy cte is july 18 considering some schools start in July. My dilemma is starting my do school in July but still having hope id get off the WL here sigh 😔

Thank you though

• Care
Also just an FYI, MCW (mke campus) is definitely still sending out IIs--one of my friends just got one

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
II just received. Interview Scheduled for 2/18/21.

Was quite surprised to receive an II since I did not send an update/follow-up letter, as I was set on attending another medical school.

3.6 GPA, 498 MCAT.
Complete date? Thanks!

Not me checking my inbox at 2 am looking for a MCW II

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
how many IIs do you think are left? i want one so bad lol

• Care
Is MCW pass/fail? And does anybody know if they use NBME exams or their own.

II to the milwaukee campus at 6am...I’m so over the moon about it that I created an account to share my excitement. I’ve had 5 other interview invites but this school is my number 1!

The portal said there’s only two dates left for interviews for the milwaukee campus for this cycle feb 18th and March 4th after that there will be no more interviews for that campus. Good luck everyone still waiting

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
II to the milwaukee campus at 6am...I’m so over the moon about it that I created an account to share my excitement. I’ve had 5 other interview invites but this school is my number 1!

The portal said there’s only two dates left for interviews for the milwaukee campus for this cycle feb 18th and March 4th after that there will be no more interviews for that campus. Good luck everyone still waiting
congrats!!
mind sharing stats?

Is MCW pass/fail? And does anybody know if they use NBME exams or their own.
MCW is true P/F with no internal ranking. We have in house exams, professors in most classes try to mimic USMLE style questions on the exams. With step going P/F I personally feel the need for NBME exams is slightly less important than it was when step was scored, but n=1 and I haven't taken step 1 yet.

I am trying to remain hopeful that the MCW Interview gods will smile upon me but this cycle has basically left me living in a box under a bridge not looking forward to trying to rebuild myself to reapply in 4 months.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
MCW is true P/F with no internal ranking. We have in house exams, professors in most classes try to mimic USMLE style questions on the exams. With step going P/F I personally feel the need for NBME exams is slightly less important than it was when step was scored, but n=1 and I haven't taken step 1 yet.
Do you find that study resources like Anking, B & B, sketchy, pathoma, etc are sufficient for preparing for the in-house exams, or do the professor-written exams force you to memorize obscure topics from the lecture/slides in order to pass?

Do you find that study resources like Anking, B & B, sketchy, pathoma, etc are sufficient for preparing for the in-house exams, or do the professor-written exams force you to memorize obscure topics from the lecture/slides in order to pass?
I might not be the best person to answer that since I haven't used a lot of outside resources, but even when i leafed through first aid USMLE step prep book, a lot of the material in there has been covered in the classes we've taken thus far. I know plenty of people who do use outside resources and they've been sufficient to pass, although I personally don't know anyone who solely uses outside resources and does not attend/review class material at all. There are always some professors who are nit-picky with details and what they want you to know, but getting that extra material down likely means the difference between a 75/80% and a 90%, not P/F (anything above a 65% is pass). FWIW, our class has averaged 80 - high 80% on just about all M1 exams thus far (we have been told this is very similar to previous years performances), and MCW students have historically performed above average on Step 1.

Hi folks! I received a II from this school recently. At this point in the cycle they indicated there are only two dates left to interview and they are already full. My friend and I are actually on a waitlist to see if any other spots open up. Just wanted to share this information to anybody who might still be waiting on a II.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Do you mind if I ask, when did you interview?
Hi folks! I received a II from this school recently. At this point in the cycle they indicated there are only two dates left to interview and they are already full. My friend and I are actually on a waitlist to see if any other spots open up. Just wanted to share this information to anybody who might still be waiting on a II.

I am actually on a waitlist to see if any spots open to see if I can interview lol. This is for the Milwaukee campus. I was able to schedule an interview for Greenbay. Two weeks from now.
Oh gotcha! Sorry, I misunderstood haha. Good luck on your interview and the waitlist!

Interviewed for MKE campus on Friday, really love this school... hoping the post-II A rate is as high as this thread suggests!!

Is it possible that they'll add on interview dates? Last year's thread shows that people got an invitation into late March.

dang, I still haven't gotten rejected yet but seems like it'll be coming soon

• Care
Wow so basically the class is already full with the scheduled interviews they have remaining? Darn … that WL (post ii) might a slow move 😭🤞

Interviewed for MKE campus on Friday, really love this school... hoping the post-II A rate is as high as this thread suggests!!
You wrote my thoughts 🙏🏼

y'all know what this means - time to reapply!

• Sad