2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Following
RD 09/6 Secondary submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

i just started a new job that is very relevant to my application - does anyone know how they would want us to update our application with something like that? with a resume? if I choose 'application update' under doc type, what document would I attach?
Can you write up a paragraph and submit it as a pdf?

Seems like they've been pretty slow after the initial late August II wave.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you hear back after interview?
February after interviewing in January. However, I have friends who interviewed in October and didn't hear anything until February. They release decisions once a month.

IS II received this morning. make sure to check your promotions/spam folders bc that's where mine was!!

Do you guys think its too late to add MCG to my primary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
No II yet (in-state). Complete late August. LM in signature.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now!!

complete 8/23

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! complete 8/20 IS LM 72.4

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who has interviewed already...how was it? any advice?

Anyone who has interviewed already...how was it? any advice?
Hmmm they did make us sign a confidentiality agreement so I'm not sure how much I can say without getting in trouble, but imo they did really try their best to make the whole thing comfortable and reduce MMI-induced stress. I'm not saying you should just wing it without any preparation, but I wouldn't lose sleep and be racked with anxiety as it approaches (probably easier said than done though).

Dr. Braun and everyone from MCG were super nice and it seemed like you could reach out about anything you wanted to know more about. Overall, a good experience I'd say and everything ran pretty smoothly. Best of luck on your interview day!

Hmmm they did make us sign a confidentiality agreement so I'm not sure how much I can say without getting in trouble, but imo they did really try their best to make the whole thing comfortable and reduce MMI-induced stress. I'm not saying you should just wing it without any preparation, but I wouldn't lose sleep and be racked with anxiety as it approaches (probably easier said than done though).

Dr. Braun and everyone from MCG were super nice and it seemed like you could reach out about anything you wanted to know more about. Overall, a good experience I'd say and everything ran pretty smoothly. Best of luck on your interview day!
Thank you!

Anyone know if it’s a good sign if they email you asking for your current residence like does that mean they are considering me for interview or do they do this for everyone haha

I agree with this. Definitely don’t lose sleep over it. I went in thinking it was going to be super stressful and it wasn’t. Great experience overall. Do practice mmis to get your speech down, and besides that as long as you know who you are and how you make decisions you’ll be fine. Like ^ said a lot easier said tha
Anyone know if it’s a good sign if they email you asking for your current residence like does that mean they are considering me for interview or do they do this for everyone haha
just for reference I never received an email like this before I interviewed. But I would imagine any kind of email where they’re inquiring personal things such as current residence couldn’t be a bad sign right?

Anyone else having trouble deciding a campus preference?

Getting increasingly more anxious as time goes by lol. I applied last year and was WL and rejected. Complete 8/12 and hearing nothing yet this cycle got me nervous.

Getting increasingly more anxious as time goes by lol. I applied last year and was WL and rejected. Complete 8/12 and hearing nothing yet this cycle got me nervous.
Since you applied last cycle, how long did they take to send you the II last year? I am also getting very nervous and am debating emailing them for a status on my application, but I don't know if that is good to do. What do you think?

Since you applied last cycle, how long did they take to send you the II last year? I am also getting very nervous and am debating emailing them for a status on my application, but I don't know if that is good to do. What do you think?
Last cycle I got my II December 15th and interviewed January 7th. Super late, but I thought with my improved app this year it'd be a little sooner. Also, I definitely emailed MCG admissions a few times throughout last cycle just to confirm they received all my documents and update letter to make sure I was "interview eligible". I didn't directly ask for my status, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

Last cycle I got my II December 15th and interviewed January 7th. Super late, but I thought with my improved app this year it'd be a little sooner. Also, I definitely emailed MCG admissions a few times throughout last cycle just to confirm they received all my documents and update letter to make sure I was "interview eligible". I didn't directly ask for my status, but it probably wouldn't hurt.
I wish you luck. I'm not a reapplicant, so I cannot fully understand your struggle. But I only have 1 II so far and my application is far from picture-perfect. I concur that the waiting is definitely very anxiety-inducing.

• Care
My first ✨A✨ Interviewed late Sept

Reactions: 7 users
just got the A!!!! interviewed in mid sept

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats everyone on your acceptances!

do yall think there's a chance October interviews will get any news? lol

long shot

Congrats everyone on your acceptances!

do yall think there's a chance October interviews will get any news? lol

long shot
Unclear. We don't know how often the admissions committee meets to make decisions. If you interviewed this month and don't hear back today then you may hear back next month.

Reactions: 1 user
Unclear. We don't know how often the admissions committee meets to make decisions. If you interviewed this month and don't hear back today then you may hear back next month.
They said at my interview they meet once a week and typically release decisions once a month.

They said at my interview they meet once a week and typically release decisions once a month.
based on last year's thread it looks like a good number of October interview folks heard back the third Friday of November

Does MCG give As for September interviewees all today? Interviewed late Sept and haven't heard anything....

Does MCG give As for September interviewees all today? Interviewed late Sept and haven't heard anything....
I’m pretty sure they send one big mass email out early in the morning and then won’t send another round of acceptances out until next month. (Somebody correct me if I’m wrong) I interviewed late September as well and haven’t heard anything today. Fingers crossed for next month though.