2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I understand submitting secondaries as soon as possible BUT for the "within two weeks" deadline, is that inclusive of the 14th day? For instance if I got a secondary invite August 10, would the deadline be August 23 or 24?
I'm RD, submitted just earlier on 8/17 (at 11 pm lol) when I received the secondary on 8/3 and got the confirmation email so functionally, it's inclusive at least. I have my doubts that it's a UCLA lock-you-out kinda deal even after the two weeks, but I wouldn't risk it lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current M3 here and would be happy to answer any questions!
As someone coming from a significant research background, what opportunities are there to build research experience (even as a M1/2)?
Also, do you have any information regarding how an engineering background could be applied at MCG?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the email title of the secondary? I haven't received it yet, and I'm kinda scared that I missed it lmfao

Whats the email title of the secondary? I haven't received it yet, and I'm kinda scared that I missed it lmfao
"Medical College of Georgia: MCG Secondary Application - 2 Week Deadline"

Making sure to let you know about the two weeks immediately lol

I understand submitting secondaries as soon as possible BUT for the "within two weeks" deadline, is that inclusive of the 14th day? For instance if I got a secondary invite August 10, would the deadline be August 23 or 24?
I think August 24th would be fine (I submitted mine 14 days after my receipt date last cycle)

As someone coming from a significant research background, what opportunities are there to build research experience (even as a M1/2)?
Also, do you have any information regarding how an engineering background could be applied at MCG?
Maybe @rep_the_don can speak to how it fits in the new curriculum because we used to do a summer program of research between M1/2. Faculty are very receptive to students starting research early though because they are used to working with students every year.

I have a few friends with engineeering degrees that were looking into things like biomedical or medical device research.

Hello, does anyone know what it means to attach "A copy of your parent’s most recent tax forms (federal and state) with all SS#s marked out"

What does marked out mean? Like do I cross out the Social security numbers? Seems weird to cross out my social security numbers if I'm trying to validate tax forms lol. What are we supposed to do, any input would be great. Thanks

Hello, does anyone know what it means to attach "A copy of your parent’s most recent tax forms (federal and state) with all SS#s marked out"

What does marked out mean? Like do I cross out the Social security numbers? Seems weird to cross out my social security numbers if I'm trying to validate tax forms lol. What are we supposed to do, any input would be great. Thanks
I believe it said mark them out with black sharpie

I placed a black line concealing all SSNs including mine on adobe pdf. I believe it says to mark out all SSNs on the documents upload page.

You could use the "Redact" feature on Adobe if you have a paid subscription.

Or if you're broke from paying for all your primary and secondary app fees like me you can sign up for the free 7 day trial and then cancel immediately after.

Hello! I'm pretty new here to MCG, but you can start cold-emailing physicians and/or faculty members here even as an MS1 and many of them are willing to meet with you and see if you're a good fit to start working with them. Even if they don't have an opening, they may be able to connect you with other faculty who do have space and that you can do research with. We no longer have a long summer (only 2 weeks) so that isn't an option to do a dedicated summer of research. They do encourage us to focus on learning how to study the first few months before getting more involved in research here.

Additionally, we do have a Healthcare Innovation Club. I'm not very involved in it yet, but they connect medical students with medical doctors, entrepreneurs, and researchers who are working on innovative devices. Some students have been able to earn patents on devices they've helped design, and students can get as involved as they would like regardless of specific design/engineering experience.

Hey everyone reading this. I hope you are all doing well. I created this Groupme to help each other and for updates about the cycle. Thank you!

You're invited to my new group 'MCG Applicants 2021-22' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys is anyone else having a problem in the pre-requisite section. All my AP credits got lumped into one thing and I can only put them in one section but I have credit for my first semester of physics and first semester of English. Im afraid because it looks like I don't have the pre-reqs bc I can't put my AP credits into both sections

Do you get to choose Augusta or Athens? Or is it assigned?

You can select a preferred campus after you interview with MCG. Last cycle we had until March 2021 to make our initial selection before they started with the first round of campus assignments for accepted students. Everyone who interviews is asked to select a preferred campus, so it doesn't mean that you've already been accepted. I don't personally know how likely it is to get your preferred campus, but I do know that if you choose Augusta I believe you're highly likely to get it.

Do they offer interview without Georgia residency documentation? Or is it considered part of the secondary application?

Do they offer interview without Georgia residency documentation? Or is it considered part of the secondary application?
This is what the email says once you submit your secondary:

"Please remember that the following documents must be submitted in order to be considered for an interview:

1) At least three letters of recommendation (LORs): All LORs must be submitted through AMCAS.

2) Lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation (if applicable)."

I’m confused as to whether we must upload our parents tax forms in order to be eligible for an interview. I have uploaded mine and my parents license, but not the tax forms. Does anyone have insight into this? I submitted my application 1.5 weeks ago, so it’d be a bummer if they haven’t even looked at it yet since I don’t have the taxes uploaded yet. Thanks for the help!

I’m confused as to whether we must upload our parents tax forms in order to be eligible for an interview. I have uploaded mine and my parents license, but not the tax forms. Does anyone have insight into this? I submitted my application 1.5 weeks ago, so it’d be a bummer if they haven’t even looked at it yet since I don’t have the taxes uploaded yet. Thanks for the help!
I'd recommend going onto your secondary portal and click on "My application" then on "Important Information and Required Documentation".

If you scroll to the bottom where it says "Georgia Residency Required Documentation", it states that "A GA driver’s license alone is insufficient documentation". It'll give you instructions as to what is considered sufficient based on your age and if you are dependent or independent.

To be eligible for an interview, according to the email sent after submitting the secondary, lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation (if applicable), must be submitted for consideration for an interview. Also, make sure your CASPer scores have been received.

I think so, due to the language of the secondary submission email:

Please remember that the following documents must be submitted in order to be considered for an interview:

1) At least three letters of recommendation (LORs): All LORs must be submitted through AMCAS.

2) Lawful presence and Georgia residency documentation (if applicable).

And, I just got an email this morning requesting my parents' tax documentation. Interestingly enough, I believe the Georgia residency documentation needs parents' driver's licenses, which I did not yet upload and were not mentioned in said email, so idk about those.

I just got an email requesting to complete my five-year schedule, which I already did on the secondary....I'm super confused. What are they asking me to do differently? Do I just need to resend what I already completed on the secondary?

I just got an email requesting to complete my five-year schedule, which I already did on the secondary....I'm super confused. What are they asking me to do differently? Do I just need to resend what I already completed on the secondary?
Hi! Got the same email a few days ago. I just followed their directions and uploaded it into the documents section. Wasn't super sure what the point of it was but whatever

IS II received this morning!! complete 8/4, LM 75.4, ORM

Reactions: 1 users
wasn't sure about this either... but the secondary app on the important info page has this:
  • Lawful presence documentation is required in order to be considered for an interview.
  • GA tuition classification documentation is required to be uploaded within two weeks post-interview.
which is different than what the secondary submission email has so 🤷🏼‍♀️

II. Submitted 8/6, ORM, 74 LM. Pretty jazzed ngl, though the thought of MMIs scares me bit.

Reactions: 4 users
II, Submitted 8/15, IS

As a heads up, they only offered me dates for the next week, so they pretty much expect you to be free and ready to interview at least a week out from the invite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II, Submitted 8/15, Received 8/31, IS, URM, regular decision

As a heads up, they only offered me dates for the next week, so they pretty much expect you to be free and ready to interview at least a week out from the invite.
Congrats! I guess we're not supposed to have jobs... or lives :rolleyes:

II just now, RD, submitted 8/17.

IS, LM 80.8, can confirm that you definitely need the tax forms and stuff for II.

They contact if you if you're missing tax documents, right?
My parents have an extension for 2020 taxes, so I called the admissions office and they told me what to upload instead, but they told my friend, whose parents also have an extension, to upload more documents than I was told, so I'm a little paranoid I'm missing things lol
Yeah, I got contacted last week and they were explicit about letting me know all that I needed. I also emailed them back asking about more stuff and they were really nice in the reply as well, so I think you can feel free to ask about any more concerns (if you maybe don't want to mention your friend you could just be like "just wanted to confirm that's everything I needed for my situation..." or something like that).

Reactions: 1 users
They contact if you if you're missing tax documents, right?
My parents have an extension for 2020 taxes, so I called the admissions office and they told me what to upload instead, but they told my friend, whose parents also have an extension, to upload more documents than I was told, so I'm a little paranoid I'm missing things lol
I just called to make sure and the lady told me that for ED you had to have everything uploaded to be considered complete but for RD you only need lawful presence along with all the other (lor's, casper, etc) items and then you upload tax forms 2 weeks post interview or before dec 1, whatever is sooner!! so as long as you have lawful presence you should be complete!

I guess they don't II without the Casper result? Still waiting for the score :/

I have my Casper in and still haven't gotten an II. IS LM 73
Could be a bit longer too. I didn't get my II last year until the end of December after being complete in early August (LM 70)

I just called to make sure and the lady told me that for ED you had to have everything uploaded to be considered complete but for RD you only need lawful presence along with all the other (lor's, casper, etc) items and then you upload tax forms 2 weeks post interview or before dec 1, whatever is sooner!! so as long as you have lawful presence you should be complete!
Lawful presence can mean documentation of GA state license right? just wanna make sure!

II today! IS; complete 8/8

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via ED program!!! I absolutely cannot wait to start! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted via ED program!!! I absolutely cannot wait to start! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats! But takes this time to relax we are in the musculoskeletal module rn and trust me when I tell you to relax a little before next august

IS II received today! Complete 08/07

i just started a new job that is very relevant to my application - does anyone know how they would want us to update our application with something like that? with a resume? if I choose 'application update' under doc type, what document would I attach?