2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Feb 6th interviewees…our time approacheth…

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the hold email, interviewed Feb 6th, IS :/ email said next time i (we?) can expect an update is march 13 so fingers crossed but i'm not gonna pretend like my feelings aren't hurt rip

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the hold email, interviewed Feb 6th, IS :/ email said next time i (we?) can expect an update is march 13 so fingers crossed but i'm not gonna pretend like my feelings aren't hurt rip
I interviewed back in September, also IS. Each hold of email gets worse, especially with some new events in my life. I was in class when I got the email, and this time I almost broke down in front of everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed back in September, also IS. Each hold of email gets worse, especially with some new events in my life. I was in class when I got the email, and this time I almost broke down in front of everyone.
I feel you except with the Tucson campus!! Literally interviewed in Sept and never heard from them again :( It's rough out here but trying to remind myself that no news (or continuous holds) is better than hearing back and getting rejected. Hang in there, my fingers are extra crossed for you come March 13th

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I am so sorry to hear this!! Things will work out. How many times have you received hold updates from them?

• Care
Dang feels like they just put everyone on hold… was our interview cohort that bad lmaoo

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I am so sorry to hear this!! Things will work out. How many times have you received hold updates from them?
Thank you for the support :). Also, several I've been receiving them every two weeks since they started giving them out on October 17 (Except when they took a month's break in December/January).

Thank you for the support :). Also, several I've been receiving them every two weeks since they started giving them out on October 17 (Except when they took a month's break in December/January).
Okay that is good to know. Thank you for the response!

For anyone wondering, I checked their website and they updated their admissions tracker. They've now offered 144 acceptances and 507 interviews, anyone know how many interview dates have yet to hear back or when their last interview date is/was?

jeeze. phone call received for an interview this coming monday. lucky me
(602 area code)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that interviewed received no communication or R, or does every single person not accepted get put on hold?

Current MS2, almost MS3 here. Feel free to message me if you have any questions for those trying to decide between schools or want to know about UACOM-P. Seriously an awesome school! And there is an incredible opportunity to get tuition completely covered if you are married or have a domestic partner and they work for a public university in Arizona. I feel like this opportunity is not as well advertised as it could be and is 100% legit, so feel free to ask me about that.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed back in September. Been on hold since. Checking every other Monday…..Sigh.

Last edited:
  • Sad
+1 on the hold, checked last year's thread and their timing was As/holds released on March 21st and then all decisions (A/WL/R) on April 4. Does anyone want to postulate on what the timing will be this year if we have another decision date on March 27th? Do we think that's the final one or that it'll spill over onto April 10th?

Edit: Checked the website and it says March 27th is the last day for decisions to be announced. good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I called the admissions office today. I was told the following: NO more interview invites or interviews are being conducted. If you have not been rejected then you are on hold/waitlist. As accepted students withdraw, the admissions committee will convene to draw from the waitlist. There is no ranking on waitlist, all applicants are discussed at meetings and weighed accordingly. Movie is over, just wait for the credits to roll……

Reactions: 6 users
Do they actually reject anyone post ii? And does anyone know if it is actually only 10 people max taken off?

Do they actually reject anyone post ii? And does anyone know if it is actually only 10 people max taken off?
+1 WL (3/6 virtual interview) - 0-10 is brutal if true, I guess they are leaning on the amount of over-admissions they gave out

I think what they mean to say is that 0-10 spots open up. In reality, that means that multiple people can get off the waitlist for a singular spot. Dr. Fogerty explained this better than I can on my interview day, but I’d anticipate more than 10 people get admitted off the waitlist.

waitlisted for the 2nd year in a row :')

i know like 4-5 SDN'ers got off the waitlist last year, so i think there is much greater than 10 in terms of movement (since commenters are a small % of the total pool)

Reactions: 3 users