2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? In past years, people have started getting an A from the WL. This year also has the most reported WL compared to previous years.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? In past years, people have started getting an A from the WL. This year also has the most reported WL compared to previous years.
Not that I've seen :( desperately checking the portal every day

Reactions: 1 users
Guys is anyone still waiting on a decision post-active consideration email?

Post II r OOS

Interview in fall

last rejection of the cycle, thankfully

When do we expect waitlist movement to start?
After April 30th, when UMass (or any school, for that matter) can see how many accepted students have selected either "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" (aka, the rough number of spots filled out of the class of ~175). After then, new batches of acceptance offers go out to applicants from WL (historically, a large wave), then more acceptance offers one by one as the class changes up until matriculation in August.

After April 30th, when UMass (or any school, for that matter) can see how many accepted students have selected either "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" (aka, the rough number of spots filled out of the class of ~175). After then, new batches of acceptance offers go out to applicants from WL (historically, a large wave), then more acceptance offers one by one as the class changes up until matriculation in August.
5 MORE DAYS!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The deadline this year is May 2nd since April 30th isn't a business day
Grateful for this since some of these other schools are taking their SWEET TIME rolling out these financial aid packages by April 30th, so it gives me 2 days instead of 2 hours to make a final decision on schools lol

Reactions: 1 user
More people joining the accepted students' group, 5 in the last week. Does that mean movement is happening already?

Stress levels: high

More people joining the accepted students' group, 5 in the last week. Does that mean movement is happening already?

Stress levels: high
I would say not necessarily, it could be people who didn't want to join until they were more sure this is where they're going

How much do students pay for rent here typically?

Does anyone know if UMass accepts updates if we’re on the waitlist?

How much do students pay for rent here typically?
One bedrooms and studios are hard to find, if you do find them they'll likely be above 1200/mo. Otherwise, I've seen ranges for single rooms in 2-5br houses/apts be between 600/mo and 1000/mo depending on the amenities, if the landlord is reasonable, etc, with an average between 750 and 900.

Does anyone know if UMass accepts updates if we’re on the waitlist?
They do! Go to the website where you accepted the waitlist offer and there is a section titled "Additional Attachments" I believe, you can upload a PDF there.

Are we thinking tomorrow is first day for possible waitlist movement?

Are we thinking tomorrow is first day for possible waitlist movement?
Based off what I was reading on reddit yesterday that seems like the case. Although I am not sure how the UMass waitlist works, whether it is ranked or if they have to meet again to discuss who they want to take off the waitlist, so who knows.

Hi All. Yesterday at 5pm I received an acceptance off of the waitlist for MD/PURCH. I am IS and I submitted a LOI. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? I checked my email but didn’t see any info on that.

I got an A off the waitlist today. Was waitlisted in April 21st I think. I had sent a letter of intent and update letter right after my interview in Jan. After I got the WL, I added 2 more recommendations.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I really was feeling hopeless and I have very average stats and am an ORM so for everyone still waiting, don't lose hope. I hope it works out for all of you either way! 🙏🏼

Reactions: 3 users
I really was feeling hopeless and I have very average stats and am an ORM so for everyone still waiting, don't lose hope. I hope it works out for all of you either way! 🙏🏼
Congrats! We’re you accepted for PURCH? Or just MD?

I got an A off the waitlist at 5pm today for regular MD! IS, interviewed in Feb and WL in March. I sent a LOI after my interview and an update letter after my WL. I can’t believe I have an MD acceptance to my dream school and feel so grateful. Hoping all of you receive good news soon!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone getting in off the WL!! Here’s a link to our class GroupMe for you guys: GroupMe

Got in off the waitlist! Got the email on Tuesday around 5pm and I'm going into the PURCH track 😄😭

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got an A off the waitlist at 5pm today for regular MD! IS, interviewed in Feb and WL in March. I sent a LOI after my interview and an update letter after my WL. I can’t believe I have an MD acceptance to my dream school and feel so grateful. Hoping all of you receive good news soon!!!
congrats! may I ask IS or OOS?

Do we think there will be any WL movement this week?

• Love
Last year FB group for accepted students had 390 students, the year before then had 360. This year only has 314 as of right now. Does anyone know what that means?

Last year FB group for accepted students had 390 students, the year before then had 360. This year only has 314 as of right now. Does anyone know what that means?
Could be that there are more waitlist spots, could be that this year fewer current students have joined the group (because there are definitely current students)!

• Care
Could be that there are more waitlist spots, could be that this year fewer current students have joined the group (because there are definitely current students)!
it just grew by 2 today. Is that current students joining or more movement? I will never know. I'm losing my mind!

• Care
it just grew by 2 today. Is that current students joining or more movement? I will never know. I'm losing my mind!
Lol I'm totally unsure!! Taking a look though, there are some people in the group who haven't left despite having withdrawn their acceptances and leaving the GroupMe chat, so I think Facebook is a bit of an unreliable metric. Best of luck though - hope to see you join soon!!

Lol I'm totally unsure!! Taking a look though, there are some people in the group who haven't left despite having withdrawn their acceptances and leaving the GroupMe chat, so I think Facebook is a bit of an unreliable metric. Best of luck though - hope to see you join soon!!
It is unreliable, I know. But the past couple years group size was correlated with the class size. lol. I'm definitely not stressed about it. Don't worry.