2021-2022 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed late October.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED! FIRST A EVER. Got the email to check the portal today, no call.

Edit: OOS, ties to state, interviewed second week of November.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quite late to report this, but also got an II on Dec 3rd as an OOS applicant! Stats in signature

I applied at the end of July, and it has been radio silence? Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a flat out R, I was really not expecting that. Best of luck everyone else!!!
OOS, complete 8/4

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, is there an accepted students Facebook page or GroupMe for this year?

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A!!!!!! My student interviewer called me :) totally wasn't expecting an answer so soon as I interviewed on 12/8/21!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A!!!!!! My student interviewer called me :) totally wasn't expecting an answer so soon as I interviewed on 12/8/21!
Congrats!! That’s so amazing they obviously really wanted you to call so fast!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
A yesterday as well. Student interviewer called me. OOS URM II- 12/01

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students Facebook or chat group? ☺️

Anyone complete end of Aug and just not heard anything?

Is a hold a soft R or do they usually have a lot of movement?

What exactly did the hold email say? Did it explicitly say your application was on hold or was it an update that your application was under active review?

What exactly did the hold email say? Did it explicitly say your application was on hold or was it an update that your application was under active review?
I just got an email that said my application was still under active review. I'm not sure if that is different than the hold email people are referencing above.

Why do some people get holds / "active review" while others get silence? What does that mean?

Just got the email that my application is still under review. Don't know what this means compared to those who received a hold email.

• Hmm
Is the under active review email the same thing as the hold email? Or does the hold email actually say that you are on hold?

Is the under active review email the same thing as the hold email? Or does the hold email actually say that you are on hold?
I was wondering the same thing. Does active review mean that they haven't yet reviewed our apps and plan to soon or that they are currently reviewing our app as we speak?

I was wondering the same thing. Does active review mean that they haven't yet reviewed our apps and plan to soon or that they are currently reviewing our app as we speak?
I submitted late in Nov and got the review email today as well. Maybe that helps answer your question :\

I got the email too and it seemed like a bulk email. Like it's probably not app-specific they're just emailing everyone who applied and hasn't heard back letting them know the committee is behind but still going?

I got the email too and it seemed like a bulk email. Like it's probably not app-specific they're just emailing everyone who applied and hasn't heard back letting them know the committee is behind but still going?
Seems odd that we got it at different times though.

can anyone copy and paste this active review email if they're comfortable doing so? Just want to see if it's similar to the hold email many of us received a few weeks ago in November
It said that, its been a long time since you submitted and wanted to provide you with an update. “At this time, your app is under active review.”

It doesn’t mention anything about being on hold.

It said that, its been a long time since you submitted and wanted to provide you with an update. “At this time, your app is under active review.”

It doesn’t mention anything about being on hold.
Yeah can confirm mine said this too.

Silence since completion in early September. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Care
Should I give up hope of receiving an II now if I haven’t even been reviewed yet? No R or hold or anything, as of now…and submitted 08/30. Does anyone know what criteria they use to determine order of app review?

was placed on hold back in November. is there still a chance to get an interview this late in the game?? has anyone been taken off of hold recently?

was placed on hold back in November. is there still a chance to get an interview this late in the game?? has anyone been taken off of hold recently?
I dont think they are done getting through the people who were not placed on hold yet.

Just got the active review email the other day; complete in early September

Any tips for UMaryland interview? They emailed me that the interview was going to be in the afternoon (RIP I like morning times). How did that go for you all? (And was it only one interviewer?)

Thanks and best of luck to you all

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

• Love
Is Maryland still sending out interview invites? I know they finish their interview session in February.

Is Maryland still sending out interview invites? I know they finish their interview session in February.
I think they are. It wouldnt make sense for them to send out those active review emails in end of Dec/early Jan and have no II waves after it. But again, only the adcoms know lol

sorry to be that person (lol) but has anyone heard any post-ii decisions this month? interviewed fivish weeks ago and am feeling a bit anxious

also, it seems like many november applicants got interviews for feb? I got my invite later than this and earliest date was late jan. any thoughts to why?
there were probably some cancellations from applicants who withdrew after getting into another school they liked better so you were able to grab one of those newly opened slots!!