2021-2022 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think letters may be coming for the ED applicants tomorrow, y'all. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm ED and no letter or phone call. Hoping we hear something tomorrow then.

Me neither but I’m manifesting that one call or letter so ****ing hard rn. I’ll post if I get one to let you guys know ✌️

Thank y'all both! There's a good chance I saw your faces on Zoom for our ED interview since there aren't many of us this year, which I hope goes in our favor. I really hope to be your classmates! Been wanting this for a very long time.

Reactions: 1 users
Letters are coming today! My friend with informed delivery says it's going to his box. Let's all get it! Manifesting so hard right now.

I just received my letter and I was accepted!!!! I’m an ED applicant and I’m so excited! I’m wishing you guys the best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all who got in!! will RD people receive anything? I remember Dr. Eubanks saying something about that.

Congrats to all who got in!! will RD people receive anything? I remember Dr. Eubanks saying something about that.
I think the first RD admissions meeting will be tomorrow (8/1) & letters will go out next week

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my acceptance letter! To all my fellow applicants you got this! Don’t give up! As someone who had to reapply from last cycle this feels pretty darn good!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all. In what was a small pool of early decision applicants, I felt very good about my chances. I don't anymore. I've seen this movie before.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all.
I’m sorry to hear that my friend. Don’t forget they narrowed it down from ~70 to 22 for ED so that means they liked you. Dr. Eubanks even said “People interview ED, get rolled over as a regular applicant and later accepted every year” so I like your odds. Stay strong your future patients need you!! You have ALREADY demonstrated amazing tenacity and have my respect ✊

Reactions: 4 users
I was no final action as an ED applicant and moved over to the regular pool. This was also my 4th cycle. I'm just so upset right now. I don't even know why I'm interviewed year after year, or why I was invited to interview early. I wish all the rest of you well. I put a lot of faith in this school, and they let me down over and over again. I don't understand at all. In what was a small pool of early decision applicants, I felt very good about my chances. I don't anymore. I've seen this movie before.
Have you considered DO? I’m having the same sort of feelings and just submitted my DO applications today.

Please don’t let it get you down. I also reapplied as an ED applicant a few years ago, and also received a no final action letter. I was absolutely gutted at the time. It seemed like a soft rejection letter. I was shocked to then receive an acceptance letter in the mail at Christmas. I’m an L2 now.

Reactions: 5 users
RD acceptance today via email!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
For those getting decisions, are these emails, calls, or letters? Also are they getting sent out in waves or a mass dump in the morning?

For those getting decisions, are these emails, calls, or letters? Also are they getting sent out in waves or a mass dump in the morning?
Mine was email from web admit at 6 pm, not sure if they are in waves or dumps though

if we get an email, does that mean we won’t be getting a letter?

im making a groupchat for admitted students, PM me if you got in and are sending a deposit in!

Hello everyone, I am a reapplicant and OOS. Went to LSU for undergrad, currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins pursuing a Master's. My previous application cycle I received a secondary and interview pretty quickly. However, this time around I still have not heard back from the school. I know LSU is primarily in-state but I thought my significant in-state connections would warrant at least a secondary. I believe they haven't sent a secondary because they were waiting for my MCAT score to be released, however I'm not sure. Anyone have some advice for a nervous applicant?

For reference, my stats are
Graduate GPA: 3.94, Undergrad GPA: 3.71 and sGPA of 3.55
MCAT: 497 to 501 to 509 to 517

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone, can you please share your interview experience and tips?

Congratulations everyone, can you please share your interview experience and tips?
The interview day was super chill! It was 3 one on one and I think all open file. I'd say tip is just be yourself and let the conversation flow. If you can find a way to relate to interviewer that always leads to good convo.

The interview day was super chill! It was 3 one on one and I think all open file. I'd say tip is just be yourself and let the conversation flow. If you can find a way to relate to interviewer that always leads to good convo.
one of my interviews was for sure closed file

one of my interviews was for sure closed file
Hey guys, I didn't post right away, but after my whole rant and disappointment about not getting in from ED, I was accepted last week! I think I was moved over to regular and then taken from there. Regardless, I was so surprised and elated to finally get that acceptance after 3 cycles. I can't wait to meet all of you! And for everyone else applying right now, I'm rooting for you!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Hello everyone, I am a reapplicant and OOS. Went to LSU for undergrad, currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins pursuing a Master's. My previous application cycle I received a secondary and interview pretty quickly. However, this time around I still have not heard back from the school. I know LSU is primarily in-state but I thought my significant in-state connections would warrant at least a secondary. I believe they haven't sent a secondary because they were waiting for my MCAT score to be released, however I'm not sure. Anyone have some advice for a nervous applicant?

For reference, my stats are
Graduate GPA: 3.94, Undergrad GPA: 3.71 and sGPA of 3.55
MCAT: 497 to 501 to 509 to 517
I'm a non-trad reapplicant. I'm applying this year IS (I moved back to Louisiana over the summer), but last year I applied OOS. This year, I got my secondary literally the week after my AMCAS was processed, but last year I didn't receive my secondary invite until late October and didn't get an II until January. I know it's different for everyone, but don't lose hope! I think it's like you said, they prioritize IS.

After paying our deposit, when should we be expecting other materials? The letter said that we should be getting more information for registration and orientation...

After paying our deposit, when should we be expecting other materials? The letter said that we should be getting more information for registration and orientation...
My letter says supplementary materials will be sent in the spring by email

Hi hi,

I'm a nontrad matriculating in August 2022. Looking to make a medicine-themed cocktail club to help pass the time here in New Orleans. Message me if you're interested!

Your stats are good dude; do you have any instate ties outside of undergrad? Your odds are against you no matter what . I say you’ll still get II but it’ll be rolled over way later. You should send a LOI tbh for just a friendly nudge at them

Hello, does anyone have any tips for the interview? this is my dream school, and I've done many programs here. I would greatly appreciate any feedback because I don't want to mess this up! thank you

I just received my second "file is complete" email from Nola. Did anyone else have anything similar? Just odd I would get the same email again after receiving it only a week ago. Just doing what I do best - over analyzing! :'-)

October Interviewees should be hearing back this week?
I think so! I believe they had their committee meeting on Friday to make initial decisions on the new interviewees. Hopefully early this week!

Asking for a friend! What interview dates were available on the last wave of invites?

Hello, does anyone have any tips for the interview? this is my dream school, and I've done many programs here. I would greatly appreciate any feedback because I don't want to mess this up! thank you
Honestly, it seems like they were trying to get to know you as a person while still asking you the typical questions you would expect for a medical school interview. I would say really be yourself and let your personality shine through. That is one of the best ways to leave an impression on them I realized.

Interviewed on 10/20. Was told the committee was meeting on the 29th and we should get letters by the end of this week.

Anyone heard back about decisions today? Heard they usually go out on Wednesday's but do not know how true that is