2021-2022 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they pre-screen them, I believe I read it in the application somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if LSU pre-screens OOS secondaries? I'm technically out of state now but I grew up in Louisiana/in and outside of Nola and went to LSU for undergrad. Still haven't received a secondary and it's been a few weeks. Obviously now with the hurricane I wouldn't be surprised if it took even longer but I'm just wondering if I should reach out to them. Thanks!
Per their website, "All Louisiana residents will be sent the electronic link to download the Secondary Application. The Secondary Application will be sent to pre-screened non-resident applicants."

Hey y'all when uploading your photo, did y'all just use the 2:3 aspect ratio on the phone? Or did you change dimensions on a website or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted first week of August for regular decision and still have not heard anything. Are we suppose to receive an email for complete and under review?

I submitted first week of August for regular decision and still have not heard anything. Are we suppose to receive an email for complete and under review?
A hurricane just hit Nola, and they've probably delayed cuz of Ida.

Early Decision applicant here. Just received my interview invitation this morning!

Reactions: 1 user
The campus is closed until 9/13 due to Hurricane Ida.

Just received II! I am IS, regular decision, 2ndry completed 7/28.
Stats: LM 71.7 and Casper 3rd quartile
(feel free to DM for specific MCAT and GPA stats)

Reactions: 1 users
II received it just now! RD and IS! First MD II and I'm floored. dm for stats

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for MD/PhD. OOS, 2.85 ugrad GPA, 3.74 grad GPA, 517, ORM, 4k research hours, no pubs, managing 3 large projects expected first author pub in 2 of them, and complete 08/13.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone know what the interview format is like and what to expect?

How do you know if you are complete? Do we need to call them? I submitted a momth ago.

How do you know if you are complete? Do we need to call them? I submitted a momth ago.
I sent an email to the office last week, asking if my EDP application was received and complete. I got MCAT score (515+) back and submitted SA right before Sept 1 deadline. Received two separate emails yesterday stating 1.) application was received and 2.) application was reviewed and they will not be able to consider me for EDP.

They will be sending out their first round of decisions after their meeting on October 1.

They will be sending out their first round of decisions after their meeting on October 1.
Do you know if that's true? I thought early decision decisions had to be made before then. I was under the impression that meeting is either this Friday or next.

Do you know if that's true? I thought early decision decisions had to be made before then. I was under the impression that meeting is either this Friday or next.
Maybe early decision will be made before then! I just know that Dr. Eubanks told me I can expect to receive news after the Oct 1 meeting. I didn't apply ED.

Anyone who interviewed there already remember what they said about thank you mail? I think I remember them saying not to email a thank you but instead if we are going to send anything to send it through the mail. Is that right?

Rejected by their screen this AM. OOS and international with average stats, but tons of research + volunteering. Non-trad.
Sad because I think it would be a great school, but I get it.

Has anyone interviewed already? Any tips/takeaways?

Has anyone interviewed already? Any tips/takeaways?
I interviewed last cycle and it was the most laid-back interview ever. Assuming it hasn't changed, Dr. Eubanks gives an orientation and there's a student-led Q & A session, then later you have your three one-on-one interviews with two faculty members and a fourth year student. They lasted ~20-40 minutes for me--it just depends on how quickly you get through the questions and how chatty your interviewer is.

You should spend a little time combing through the last couple of threads to see other people's experiences and the big questions they ask every year. Very detailed. Also check out the "interview feedback" on sdn for this school and you'll see the questions there, too. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected by their screen this AM. OOS and international with average stats, but tons of research + volunteering. Non-trad.
Sad because I think it would be a great school, but I get it.

Same lol I lived in New Orleans also as an OOS!

• Care
Anyone that's interviewing tomorrow receive the zoom link yet? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something 😅

Just got an II for early Oct. OOS, high sGPA, solid MCAT-not stellar. 2000+ CNA hrs, 2 publishings, non-trad, and degree in Spanish in undergrad.
Casper 4th quartile.

Wish y'all the best of luck. Rejected last year from everywhere, so don't fret! There is always hope!

• Love
Just got an II for early Oct. OOS, high sGPA, solid MCAT-not stellar. 2000+ CNA hrs, 2 publishings, non-trad, and degree in Spanish in undergrad.
Casper 4th quartile.

Wish y'all the best of luck. Rejected last year from everywhere, so don't fret! There is always hope!
Wait I thought LSU New Orleans doesn't require casper 🤯

I received an Interview this morning. In-state Reapplicant, waitlisted the last cycle.

did anyone send in transcript updates? my spring quarter wasn't included in AMCAS (raises grad GPA from 3.89->3.94) and it seems like they want an update. for anyone who did, did you send in an unofficial transcript or email a new official transcript?

did anyone send in transcript updates? my spring quarter wasn't included in AMCAS (raises grad GPA from 3.89->3.94) and it seems like they want an update. for anyone who did, did you send in an unofficial transcript or email a new official transcript?
I sent an unofficial one via email

There isn't actually a "prompt" so to speak. But her'es what it says : "(Optional) Supplemental essay - 500 to 600 words of your values."
Where is this located in the secondary application? Maybe i’m overlooking it, but I don’t see it on the secondary app pdf or questionnaire pdf.. Thank you