2021-2022 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the A yesterday as well around 5 pm!!! I hope the best for everyone on this cycle, feel free to reach out for any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got the A yesterday as well around 5 pm!!! I hope the best for everyone on this cycle, feel free to reach out for any questions!
PM me your info and I can add you to the Facebook group!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this ED?
I’m assuming everyone that’s been accepted so far is either ED or early assurance, regular decision applicants weren’t allowed to interview before September 16th

Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming everyone that’s been accepted so far is either ED or early assurance, regular decision applicants weren’t allowed to interview before September 16th

& RD can’t receive decisions until 10/15

Congrats to everyone accepted so far! I interviewed (ED) at the Morehead campus on 08/27.

If the calls came this past Thursday, does that mean the committee will meet again on 09/09? I hope I will have a decision then as well.

Congrats to everyone accepted so far! I interviewed (ED) at the Morehead campus on 08/27.

If the calls came this past Thursday, does that mean the committee will meet again on 09/09? I hope I will have a decision then as well.
From my understanding they meet every other Thursday!

Last edited:
II NKY!! IS, RD. File complete 8/30.

Reactions: 5 users
They called me with the rejection yesterday around 5PM - wish they would have just sent an email instead... Good luck to everyone! I interviewed at the Morehead campus.

EDIT to add stats in case anyone wants to know: 504 MCAT/3.5sGPA/Extensive volunteering and shadowing, work experience in research lab (3 years as a Lab Manager).

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got II for Lexington. The only time to interview was 1/27. Hopefully that is not too late :/ Complete 8/30. URM. OOS. No Ties to KY.

• Love
Has anyone interviewed with the NKY campus yet? What are the introductions we have to do after the info session?

II received today FOR LEXINGTON! Completed 9/21
Only opening was 2/15! SO SO EXCITED AHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the interview format and duration?
It's two interviews, 30 min each. Usually, it is one with a physician or alumni and the other is usually a student or a resident. I had a physician and a resident!

Reactions: 1 users
Crossing my fingers for everyone receiving the big news in the upcoming days (please make sure you remember to eat and drink throughout the day, I KNOW it's stressful)! To all the new acceptances, we've made a facebook group to start connecting with the incoming class, look up "UK COM Class of 2026". Can't wait to start setting stuff up, and again, best of luck to everyone!

ACCEPTED at the Morehead campus!! Got the call at 7:30 this morning 🥰
Stats: 501 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, interviewed 8/27

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I just got accepted at BG with a 2.8 ugpa, 4.0 grad gpa, and 499 mcat. Never give up on your dreams.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Got the call from Lexington campus around 10am this morning on my way to work! In-State Reapplicant, cGPA-3.49, sGPA-3.33, MCAT 503. II 08/31. I couldn't be more excited to be a wildcat, this has been a dream of mine forever. Good luck to everyone in this thread!

Got the acceptance call at 9:58 AM Lexington campus!! Does anyone know if you select the accept offer thing on the portal they send via email if that locks you in for good or just holds your spot??

Got hit with that waitlist email haha. Still better than a rejection! Has anyone reading this had any experience getting off the waitlist? I'm hoping that since I was placed on it pretty early my chances are good at getting in once people start to drop their acceptances.

Got hit with that waitlist email haha. Still better than a rejection! Has anyone reading this had any experience getting off the waitlist? I'm hoping that since I was placed on it pretty early my chances are good at getting in once people start to drop their acceptances.
Which campus?

Got the acceptance call at 9:58 AM Lexington campus!! Does anyone know if you select the accept offer thing on the portal they send via email if that locks you in for good or just holds your spot??
Wondering this too.

II today for Bowling Green. Complete on 10/12. Interview is 11/10.

II today for Bowling Green. Complete on 10/12. Interview is 11/10.
Was bowling green your first choose or second? I’m trying to see if they will offer me an interview to BG because I put that as my second choice but haven’t heard anything and Lexington is full

Was bowling green your first choose or second? I’m trying to see if they will offer me an interview to BG because I put that as my second choice but haven’t heard anything and Lexington is full
Bowling green was my first choice.

I got an A for NKY! They called me 10/15 at 8:30am. A close friend of mine got waitlisted so I hope they hear back soon with an A
oh man, does that mean the class is full?? my interview is second week of November... hope I still have a shot!

also - congratulations, future doctor! Best wishes for your friend <3

Last edited:
oh man, does that mean the class is full?? my interview is second week of November... hope I still have a shot!

also - congratulations, future doctor! Best wishes for your friend <3
I don't think it's full. My friend doesn't have super strong KY ties, but is from the Cincinnati area so I think that might be why they are WL. Thank you :) I'm very excited that I get to study medicine in my home town!!

• Love
Accepted today! Interview was 10/5 for the NKY campus! No close ties with KY but live in Cincy area.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
I got an A for NKY! They called me 10/15 at 8:30am. A close friend of mine got waitlisted so I hope they hear back soon with an A
Do you know anything about the 100 dollar fee to hold your spot? Is this paid in the applicant portal or will they send a separate mail?

Do you know anything about the 100 dollar fee to hold your spot? Is this paid in the applicant portal or will they send a separate mail?
I haven’t paid anything yet and there hasn’t been any communication about the deposit.

Does anyone have an estimate when the class will be considered full? I know last year it filled a month and a half early because of the influx in applicants, just wondering if there was less applicants this year or not

Good morning! I have my Lexington interview on Thursday, and they just sent me the Zoom link for the day. They just said there'd be introductions and then interviews - can anyone enlighten me on the schedule they did when you interviewed for Lexington? Are there presentations and lectures we have to learn more about the school? The email is very vague and makes it seem like you show up, say hi, interview, but my other II's were like all-day things. If anyone can provide insight on what I can expect that'd be ~clutch~

Why do you “think” this? They have interviews scheduled into 2022 for people that requested that campus.

During last year’s cycle they sent an email that the class was full on December 2nd. I doubt it’s full yet, but probably pretty close. They’ll send an email again I’m sure for transparency. They will continue to do the interviews into next year, those that interview after the class is full are vying for waitlist spots until people start narrowing down acceptances essentially.

During last year’s cycle they sent an email that the class was full on December 2nd. I doubt it’s full yet, but probably pretty close. They’ll send an email again I’m sure for transparency. They will continue to do the interviews into next year, those that interview after the class is full are vying for waitlist spots until people start narrowing down acceptances essentially.
yeah exactly! I haven't got any emails about the class being full so I'm assuming there's still spots, at least I hope lol