2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMG I GOT AN INTERVIEW! I'm so stupidly excited about an interview lol, but I don't know if I should feel scared or excited. I've been preparing myself to take a gap year and I'm retaking my MCAT. Wish me luck in this interview, guys!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
For those who heard back on Friday with decisions, what time did y’all usually get an email 🧐

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG I GOT AN INTERVIEW! I'm so stupidly excited about an interview lol, but I don't know if I should feel scared or excited. I've been preparing myself to take a gap year and I'm retaking my MCAT. Wish me luck in this interview, guys!
Yay! Congrats! I am Praying it goes well for you!

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone aware on the likelihood to receive a II from Howard at this point in the cycle? My impression is their team has been backed up (as indicated by the the number of IIs received in Jan 2022), but it would be great to get additional confirmation if anyone knows more or has recently spoken to the admissions committee. Thank you

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how many interview invites are left or if they even interview this late?

if anyone who had an interview knows the format or the questions asked at the interview can you dm me

II tonight. Dates offered until the end of March. Can anyone who interviewed Dm me?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can someone who interviewed tell me what to expect and how it went? First interview of my life I wanna know what to expect!

y’all hang in there

M1 here with several friends that interviewed in March and April and got in

you may be interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point (not sure if the class is “full”) but there’s usually a lot of movement in may and june

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
y’all hang in there

M1 here with several friends that interviewed in March and April and got in

you may be interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point (not sure if the class is “full”) but there’s usually a lot of movement in may and june
Dangggg is there gonna be really any acceptance movement this month?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how full the class is yet. The fb group has 85 members.

That leaves 40 seats if that group has an accurate number. There's still a chance!

Reactions: 1 users
Also please anyone who interviewed accepted or not I would love your advice, tips, feedback everything. This is my first medical school interview and I am so nervous!

• Love
Also please anyone who interviewed accepted or not I would love your advice, tips, feedback everything. This is my first medical school interview and I am so nervous!
Just be you! Some great advice I got was "they already want you/think you could attend there on paper or else they wouldn't have invited you for the interview... it's just now seeing if you and the school are the right fit for each other"... So stay relaxed and be yourself! Honestly the interview was really conversational for me. Good luck!

Just be you! Some great advice I got was "they already want you/think you could attend there on paper or else they wouldn't have invited you for the interview... it's just now seeing if you and the school are the right fit for each other"... So stay relaxed and be yourself! Honestly the interview was really conversational for me. Good luck!
How long did your interview last?

They have accepted 130 students already. You are probably interviewing for waitlists at this point.

• Hmm
They have accepted 130 students already. You are probably interviewing for waitlists at this point.
but have people declined their howard seat? people may due to being accepted to other schools.

I interviewed back in Nov and I remember the admissions lady saying that they were approaching the number of candidates they were going to accept soon and to not be discouraged if you were out on the waitlist…. That being said I was accepted about a week later so who knows

Be genuine, make sure you know the ins and outs of your application, and be prepared to answer situational / scenario questions.

I interviewed while having Covid and moving a few days before. Honestly I thought I tanked the interview but got the acceptance the next day.

You got this. Keep your head up high. Take a deep breath, and give it your all.

Reactions: 2 users
Then why are they still offering seats? lmao, if they've filled it, meaning they have their entire class with acceptances, is it not a waste of time to interview? Am I literally just interviewing in the hopes someone drops their spot, which would only happen if they didn't pay their deposit? Umm...
I mean they offer more acceptances then seats anyways. A lot of people will choose not to go and they need to prepare for that.

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my A from here today. I hope one of you guys get the good news soon! The Howard adcoms and financial team have been super nice and helpful throughout the whole process

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Then why are they still offering seats? lmao, if they've filled it, meaning they have their entire class with acceptances, is it not a waste of time to interview? Am I literally just interviewing in the hopes someone drops their spot, which would only happen if they didn't pay their deposit? Umm...
look at the comment above mine. They just withdrew their offer. So in the coming weeks, many people will withdraw from howard and so that is why howard is still interviewing and will accept more people then the seat number.

They said in the re-scheduled first friday session today that their class is not full yet and that they are still sending out interviews

They said in the re-scheduled first friday session today that their class is not full yet and that they are still sending out interviews
wait i didn't know there was a rescheduled first friday. ? I couldn't make it to the last one. They really need to advertise it more.

I don't know if you guys saw but they sent out a "second look" calendar like two hours ago. Have to register for one of the days they have on a schedule

Ended up withdrawing from two other programs because overall Howard just felt like the best fit as a person of color who didn’t get accepted into a “Top 20 (Objective ranking)” med school.

The partnerships with the NIH, and joining Adventist Healthcare is pretty solid. I screwed up in undergrad by not going to Howard. I’m not willing to make that mistake for med school .

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Just withdrew my A here today. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people! Honestly Howard was one of the better schools when it came to communication throughout the cycle and my interviewer was awesome. There is hope for all of you guys still waiting as people narrow down their choices! :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my A here today. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people! Honestly Howard was one of the better schools when it came to communication throughout the cycle and my interviewer was awesome. There is hope for all of you guys still waiting as people narrow down their choices! :)
How sweet. May I ask what it was that made you rescind your A? If it was personal, I'm not looking for an answer, but if it was for the school, I would appreciate if you could offer some insight :)

• Care
Does anyone know how to access the Howard med facebook this upcoming class?